What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

[furrycat] said:
And you're defending it? :lol:

He is admitting he was a drug cheat for 12 years basically... Its against the law and against the rules of our game, hence why players get rubbed out for it.

Where in my post did i defend him?

Martli

Coach
[furrycat] said:
Meh- either way, it is still cheating. Why wasn't he caught in 12 years ffs?

If I cut my arm off and lower my abilities am I cheating? No. It's the same with recreational drugs. But whether they are legal in the game or not is not for me to decide, so I agree with the latter statement; If it's against the rules then why wasn't he caught? Pretty simple, his name is Andrew Johns. I think the NRL will have a bit of explaining to do.

perverse

Referee
[furrycat] said:
In house testing should have caught him- why didn't it? 12 years surely...

They test for recreational drugs (hence why Sargent was sacked from the Cowgirls)
it really depends on what he was taking - a lot of recreational drugs can be totally out of your system within 24 - 48 hours. if he was knowledgable enough about the knights and the NRL's testing regime it's frasible that he could have avoided it - although i strongly doubt it. it's far more likely that someone has swept it under the carpet at least once. his brother - definitely.

R69 - yeah there has always been a lot of talk about the town about it - i'd never seen it personally.. and to be honest i personally didn't care.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Deadset, if the Footy Show tonight isn't the highest rating show on any network this week.... f**k.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Newcastle should be booted from the comp for bringing the game into disrepute. :sarcasm:

punton

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: im laughing for a variety of reasons.

1. i dislike andrew johns, a wanker of the highest order
2. the tele promoting this as massive news, when anyone with their ear close enough to the ground knew this 5-6 years go
and
3. because it goes to show you the man has no right being on the same level as the current immortals, whom were all not only great on but off the field also

Word perfect.

I might add that this was told to me by a journalist with "vested interests" in the game several years ago.

Perhaps the call for him to be named an immortal was the icing on the cover up cake?

[furrycat]

Coach
Martli said:
If I cut my arm off and lower my abilities am I cheating? No. It's the same with recreational drugs. But whether they are legal in the game or not is not for me to decide, so I agree with the latter statement; If it's against the rules then why wasn't he caught? Pretty simple, his name is Andrew Johns. I think the NRL will have a bit of explaining to do.

In my eyes if you break the rules on purpose, you're cheating.

Hes taken drugs when he knows he couldn't. We'll never know what he did and didn't take and when he took it. Its just a joke and makes a mockery of our game now...

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
perverse said:
it really depends on what he was taking - a lot of recreational drugs can be totally out of your system within 24 - 48 hours. if he was knowledgable enough about the knights and the NRL's testing regime it's frasible that he could have avoided it - although i strongly doubt it. it's far more likely that someone has swept it under the carpet at least once. his brother - definitely.

R69 - yeah there has always been a lot of talk about the town about it - i'd never seen it personally.. and to be honest i personally didn't care.

good point, but that would imply he was smart... being caught with a tab in his pocket however, dispells this theory.

Im just wondering about the likes of Craig Field (he was on coke if memory serves me correct)

goboggo

Juniors
NEWSFLASH:

There is just as high a percentage of 18-30 year old males doing drugs in all sports around the world - NFL, EPL, NRL, AFL etcetc - as there is in regular society.

The main difference is that the regular shmoes usually use the cheap drugs, while the sports stars are snorting blow off topless models.

[furrycat] said:

They test for recreational drugs (hence why Sargent was sacked from the Cowgirls)

Exstacy remains detectable in urine for 24-48 hrs max, would be even less for someone who is fit and health and trains twice a day, makes it very difficult to catch someone, almost impossible..

The cocaine addicts have been caught more because coke can remain in your system for over a week.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
[furrycat] said:

Hes taken drugs when he knows he couldn't. We'll never know what he did and didn't take and when he took it. Its just a joke and makes a mockery of our game now...

i disagree with the part in bold, same reasons are Martli, but 100% right about the rest.

perverse

Referee
[furrycat] said:

furry - you're 100% correct - it is cheating.. by the sheer definition of the word.

Knight87

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
:lol: im laughing for a variety of reasons.

1. i dislike andrew johns, a wanker of the highest order
2. the tele promoting this as massive news, when anyone with their ear close enough to the ground knew this 5-6 years go
and
3. because it goes to show you the man has no right being on the same level as the current immortals, whom were all not only great on but off the field also

How did you know about this 5-6 yrs ago?

goboggo

Juniors
Guys, the NRL want to get rid of drugs, but they can't.

Like all sports around the world they'd be left without a competition.

Their hands are tied.

Dani

Immortal
[furrycat] said:

Who's to say it didn't?

Martli

Coach
It's irellevant if it made him better or not now, those games are finished. The real issue lies in the fact that he was never caught breaking the rules.

You'd think even before he made a name for himself the ARL wouldn't have delt with it. Guess we'll enver know.

Latest posts