What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Tom Shines

First Grade
Timmah said:
Deadset, if the Footy Show tonight isn't the highest rating show on any network this week.... f**k.
And if the Forum doesn't crack the 500 users tonight...

McCrud

Juniors
So, what's the bet this 'shock admission' by Johns is only as a direct result of another media organisation having a juicy story of their own?

I can't believe this bloke is coming out with this willingly - I would surmise that he and his management have been 'tipped off' about the bucket of sh*t about to drop on them, and they have decided to get in first...

goboggo

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
In house testing should have caught him- why didn't it? 12 years surely...

They test for recreational drugs (hence why Sargent was sacked from the Cowgirls)
Sargeant was busted yeah, but only after repeated warnings to stop (and those warnings only came because the Cowboys were in a form slump).

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Im sure most people had heard whispers of this for years, not just recently. Craig Field was banned for cocaine, thats recreational, so why wasnt Johns.

perverse

Referee
ok... i've come to grips with how i feel about the whole thing now.. and i must say that as a knights fan i am absolutely shattered. i personally don't have an issue with drug use as i am exposed to it constantly in my life and am a very non-judgmental and tolerant guy... however this just reflects so poorly on the club i love... and for this to happen in a year that we are only 1 loss away from the spoon... yeah... i'm absolutely gutted. totally.. 100%... gutted.

i'll always remember joey for his on field prowess and his ability to control a game of football.. however most wont. i think that's what has me gutted the most... that our champion wont be a champion.

no fan of any football team deserves a year like we've had... not even a manly fan (coming from me... that means a lot).

shiznit

Coach
Does newcastle have a really bad drug problem?? Robbie O'Davis, Mad Dog. was Rodney Howe also from that area???

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well in situations like this, you can either bury your head in the sand, or say "f**k you Joey." In this case, I've just about had enough of the Knights and all I can say is - when does this year finish?

Mr. Fahrenheit said:
f**k YOU
Yer im sure that the AFL ios alll over the news in england..that would be top proiroty for the papers there..as if hed know about the Afl

f**kL YOU

WORST POSSIBLE TIMING YOU SELFISH DICK

:evil:

eagle rock

Juniors
you only had to see the company he kept on his surf tours to know what was what.

Le Kook has a good point. No way he's gone hurri-kurri without being cornered.

In saying all that, I think his mental stability over the next cpla weeks will be a concern. I think the depression is a very real threat to him. Hopefully he gets the professional help he needs.

gregstar

Referee
Jobdog said:
Well in situations like this, you can either bury your head in the sand, or say "f**k you Joey." In this case, I've just about had enough of the Knights and all I can say is - when does this year finish?
at least you've got the right guy throwing all these losers onto the dungheap where they belong.

the whole f*cking city should be behind brian smith now.

legend

Coach
What sort of shadow does this cast on the NRL as he would have been caught in drug testing surely?