What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IAFETA PALEAAESINA....Gooooorne

Scott

Bench
Hard charging prop Iafeta Paleaaesina has traded the New Zealand Warriors for English Super League club the Wigan Warriors and will take up a three-year contract at the end of the NRL season.

Paleaaesina has been something of a revelation since joining the Warriors in 2001.

His strong running and ability to break the opposition line have made him a favourite with the club's fans and a man to watch with the ball in hand.

Paleaaesina will join former Warriors star Jerry Seuseu at Wigan and will no doubt be thrust straight into the starting line-up.

Wigan - one of the former super powers of English league - have struggled this season despite having a squad full of stars. They were thrashed 75-0 last weekend in the quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup by former Kiwis coach Daniel Anderson's St Helens side.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
f**k no!!!!!!!!!!
Un-f**king-believable.
The Warriors are gonna have to go f**king shopping now, aren't they.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Before I lose the plot over this I'd like to know how much the pie-eaters are paying him. If they've offered ridiculous money that the cap won't allow us to match then I don't see any reason to complain unless it's about the salary cap in general. However if it's anyutthing shy of $200K then I'll be pretty bitter about it as the guy should have been a priority signing for us. I guess we're now in the market for props now.

Scott

Bench
He should have been signed up by the Warriors earlier in the year. Totally unacceptable behaviour from the admin of the Warriors. They have openly said they will not be signing players from outside, they would rather retain who they already have. Fat chance. Well done Mick, you've just let the prop with the most potential to come out of NZ in the last 10 years walk... Well done Mick

Skinner

Coach
This has been well signalled - from the time Michael Arrogance said it wasn't going
to happen.

He is keen to go - he wants to be at a club where he will get game time. Personally
I think the UK is the wrong place but that's his and his managers decision.

Skinner

Jonah Lomu

Juniors
Fu**ing bullsh!t!!
Mick Watson must f**k off right now!!

Another disgraceful decision by this clubs inept management, expect to see Villa and a couple of others go aswell at this rate.

mattyj

Juniors
Scott said:
He should have been signed up by the Warriors earlier in the year. Totally unacceptable behaviour from the admin of the Warriors. They have openly said they will not be signing players from outside, they would rather retain who they already have. Fat chance. Well done Mick, you've just let the prop with the most potential to come out of NZ in the last 10 years walk... Well done Mick

Great point....They should have had the foresight to extend his contract last year when he was starting to play well. They could have locked him up for a futher 2-3 years for average to good money

So where to now, when Price and Wiki leave. I guess we`ll be buying a short term fix from another teams stable .........again

bayrep

Juniors
This would indicate that Mic Watson's strategy is to sell off young talent so that the Warriors can always buy in players in their 30's that give us a season or 2 max in time to discover more young talent to to sell off to buy more aging players. You got to give Mic the thumbs up because its working very well.

carlnz

Bench
Hey wanted to go so best luck to him, wign really need him! He knows with Price and Wiki there is no money or game time for hime for another two years..

Get off Watsons back, he got Wiki and Price here and this is the price we have to pay...maybe we should go for Cayless??

mattyj

Juniors
carlnz said:
Hey wanted to go so best luck to him, wign really need him! He knows with Price and Wiki there is no money or game time for hime for another two years..

Get off Watsons back, he got Wiki and Price here and this is the price we have to pay...maybe we should go for Cayless??

na the price we could of payed is Awen, Temata and Ervan. Quality not quantity. We`ve got 6 props, we needed to back 3-4 of them instad of hedging our bets on all of them

AuckMel

Bench
Bloody poms. They just continue to rape the game in New Zealand and AFAIK, don't pay a cent to the clubs who develop them.

Skinner

Coach
AuckMel said:
Bloody poms. They just continue to rape the game in New Zealand and AFAIK, don't pay a cent to the clubs who develop them.

True, but why would they not sit back and reap the benefits of idiotic
decisions made by Australasian administrators. It's the grass roots clubs
that I feel desperately sorry for. In Iafeta's case there are two clubs involved, Otara and Papatoetoe. Both of these clubs are the epitomy of bones of the bum......and neither shall receive a cent of development money back, simply because Iafeta (or his folks) signed a piece of paper for the Warriors.

I will never, ever, understand why the bloody Warriors are not obliged to pay
a fee to any NZ club.

I am sure they are more than happy to receive a fee from Wigan for the lad.

Skinner

Latest posts