What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindmarsh likely to return to Eels

Hindmarsh reunion on the cards at Eels
Friday, July 28, 2006 - 6:24 PM

Nathan Hindmarsh has welcomed news older brother Ian could make an unexpected NRL return for Parramatta.

Ian Hindmarsh, who has been playing for Les Catalans in the English Super League, has received interest from the Eels after signalling his intention to return to Australia.

"I've spoken to him a few times about returning ... yeah, it wouldn't be a bad idea," Nathan Hindmarsh said of the prospect of reuniting with his brother at the Eels.

"We do (keep in contact) but not so much the last three weeks, we've both been busy.

"It was disappointing to see him (leave) because he's a great player, great defender.

"It's a business and he obviously got a better deal in Canberra.

"He loves the farm, that's probably the main reason he wants to get back, he's got a farm up and running in Cowra now.

"We don't normally talk about footy but I might do.

"It could be (good), we'll have to wait and see."

Asked if he would try to persuade his brother to re-join the blue and golds, Hindmarsh quipped: "I might do now.

"It depends on what state he's in, he's getting a bit old now, it depends on what he's like."

Ian Hindmarsh, who will be 29 next week, played for the Eels from 1998-2002 before salary cap restrictions forced a switch to Canberra, where he played for three seasons.

Canberra was initially interested in luring him back to the nation's capital in a direct swap for veteran lock Jason Croker, who is considering joining the French team.

However, Raiders officials ruled out the move after baulking at the second rower's asking price.

Manager Chris Orr said there was some interest from Manly, Wests Tigers and Penrith, but indicated Parramatta was Hindmarsh's likely destination.

"Parramatta is the favourite," Orr said.

"It would be very inviting to play with your brother.

"Parramatta seem pretty keen on the idea as well."

Complicating the equation, Les Catalans is interested in St George Illawarra forward Sam Isemonger, although he is considering re-signing with the Dragons.

In a bid to retain Croker, the Raiders have offered the one-Test Kangaroo the same post-football career training rejected by skipper Clinton Schifcofske, courtesy of new sponsor the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union.

Croker said he would make a decision on his future in the next few days.

"I spoke to (Les Catalans) last night and they've asked me to give them an offer, so there's been a bit of a communication breakdown," Croker said.

"I wouldn't think there'd by any decision till after the weekend.

"I'm still not too sure at the moment, it's still up in the air."

Asked if the CFMEU offer held appeal, Croker said: "I have only one or two years left in me, so I need to think about what I want to do afterwards."

Meanwhile Manly officials have ruled out backrower Steve Menzies making an early return from a hand injury against Parramatta on Saturday night.

http://www.nrl.com.au

yy_cheng

Coach
Now BRING BACK JAYCAY too !!

Actually a pack with

Jaycay, Caylo, Moi, Azza upfront would give us some grunt, especially with a hardworking backrow in
Wagon, Chad, Hindy x 2. Although it would be an old pack

Hurriflatch

Referee
Very good news if Ian does come back

A back row of Nath, Ian and Robbo or Wags

Will eat up the tackles

also Ian return will see a more attack Nathan Hindmarsh

As soon as Ian left Nathan started to turn into more of a defensive player and his attacking game dwindled.

Hellsy

Immortal
I Bleed Green said:
Wouldn't travelling to Parra be a bit more convenient? :lol: ;-)

Yeah, but I wanted the free accom in France and to do some sightseeing :LOL: :LOL:

cardinal

Juniors
I think it would be great, he has still got some good footy left in him. Ian could be a starting 2nd rower or play prop / 2nd row off the bench. I think he went a bit stale towards the end with the raiders and being back with parra there will be heaps of motivation to do well. He used to have some sting in defence I would like to see that back again. With wags and cayless back in form and the hindys back together reminds me of 2001.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We are the joke of the f**king NRL if we sign him. The Raiders have recruited nobody, and if they think he is asking too much and we sign him then the club are f**king MORONS!!!

He is one of the worst ever imports in SL, he was sh*t in Canberra too and all of a sudden he's good enough for us?! He offers nothing to the team, and anybody trying to justify signing him with a "it will make Hindy an attacking player again" is kidding themselves. He's a very poor version of Robinson, if we had those two nothings in the backrow together we're going to get smashed.

I've been happy to give Hagan a chance, but he is turning out to be the fool the Knights fans promised. Finch, Lowrie and now Ian Hindmarsh... absolutely pathetic.

jayman

Juniors
good news...

i like the idea of the brothers playing together.. prolly the tipping favour for Ian to see out his career at parra along side his brother..

similar to Mad dog and his bros and walker brothers... last chance to play with nathan.. iam sure he'll take it..

well done parra.. very under-rated player...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Jay: Take a deep breath and relax, geez man you'll kill yourself if you go around worked up like that all the time.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Jay: Take a deep breath and relax, geez man you'll kill yourself if you go around worked up like that all the time.

Getting fired up on a forum has nothing to do with real life mate.

This is a disgraceful signing, absolutely disgraceful. Anybody who watches Rugby Leage objectively would see this, it's just the fans of the "old boys" club who want this passenger back.

He isn't fit to lace Chad Robinson's boots, let lone Morro or (real) Hindy's! This signing just adds the cream to the already sh*tty cake that is our recruitment for 2007. Nearly anybody is better than Ian Hindmarsh.

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
good news...

i like the idea of the brothers playing together.. prolly the tipping favour for Ian to see out his career at parra along side his brother..

similar to Mad dog and his bros and walker brothers... last chance to play with nathan.. iam sure he'll take it..

well done parra.. very under-rated player...

it is great news mate! he'd be welcomed with open arms at Parramatta, if he came back :D

lucablight

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:

This is a disgraceful signing, absolutely disgraceful. Anybody who watches Rugby Leage objectively would see this, it's just the fans of the "old boys" club who want this passenger back.

He isn't fit to lace Chad Robinson's boots, let lone Morro or (real) Hindy's! This signing just adds the cream to the already sh*tty cake that is our recruitment for 2007. Nearly anybody is better than Ian Hindmarsh.

That's a pretty scary thought.

cardinal

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:

Your a joke jay Ian Hindmarsh is a better footballer than Robbo, and I know the opposition would rather play Robbo than Ian. Finch will be a revelation at 5/8 and Lowrie will be a great buy, watch him tonight. Little bit too negative I think, have a look at some other clubs gains and losses before jumping up and down about our situation.

Hurriflatch

Referee
PDJ: If Finch fires up and plays great or Lowrie scores the winning try in the Grand Final or Ian pulls off 5 try savers in a match

I'm betting you'll be the 1st one to praise them and say you knew all along they would be great

jayman

Juniors
eelavation said:
it is great news mate! he'd be welcomed with open arms at Parramatta, if he came back :D

:D definitly eela... was a bit 50 50 about the finich signing.. but iam happy with the ian move.. got good experience.. and people are under estimating the impact the two hindys will have on each other...