What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindmarsh's Field goal

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Given the criticism of his handling and the dewy conditions, it was also great to see him hold onto a hospital ball that he almost dropped.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When i saw someone with a left foot take the shot i thought holy sh*t Burty's put on weight, then i had a closer look i couldn't believe it was I hindy, typing this at 3.30 in the morning i still can't believe it :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Now I don't understand what the big deal is...

Me and Ian are thinking alike here. Surely!

Ian, like the rest of us had watched Brett Finch parade about and have an absolute shocker of a game. Now I know Ian is thinking the same as me here and can't believe his eyes. "What is this guy doing on the field Hages!" says Ian.

The lingering thought of Brett Finch kicking a winning field goal to stear NSW home to a memorable state of origin victory creeps into the mind.

"Ok" says Ian.

"It can't be that f**king hard AT ALL!"

Left peg and all. To easy.

Kornstar

Coach
Macca_ said:
Now I don't understand what the big deal is...

Me and Ian are thinking alike here. Surely!

Ian, like the rest of us had watched Brett Finch parade about and have an absolute shocker of a game. Now I know Ian is thinking the same as me here and can't believe his eyes. "What is this guy doing on the field Hages!" says Ian.

The lingering thought of Brett Finch kicking a winning field goal to stear NSW home to a memorable state of origin victory creeps into the mind.

"Ok" says Ian.

"It can't be that f**king hard AT ALL!"

Left peg and all. To easy.

:lol:

ParraAds

Juniors
Ian put a kick through against Melbourne and regathered to score in a match 5 or 6 years ago at the then Colonial Stadium.

This was also with his left foot.

I dare say he IS actually left footed.

strider

Post Whore
i watched the replay this arvo - burty was standing there waiting for the ball and ian off a few metres back to his left - finch throws the ball (to the wrong player - oh finchy!) and burty's hands are out going "wtf?" and ian slots it over - no one was more surprised/happy than burty :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
ParraAds said:
Ian put a kick through against Melbourne and regathered to score in a match 5 or 6 years ago at the then Colonial Stadium.

This was also with his left foot.

He's used it twice now it only comes out ont hose rare occasions....

Nikki

Coach
Hehehe.. I was driving back down the M4 after having left at 14 all.. I nearly crashed the car. (not the first time where Ians involved) *Nothing sinister either guys.. lol*

eels_fan_01

Bench
I always liked Ian as a player, never of rep standard like hes brother but has always been a good first grader.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
ParraAds said:

This reminds me of a field goal quite a few years back where the commentary team were going on about this player kicking a field goal with his left foot.

There were comments like,"That is so skillful, kicking with the wrong foot", and so on.

It was revealed later in the week that the player was left footed. I laughed so hard at the time. Stupid channel 9 commentators.

I was behind the Sheds at the end of the Night and a Reporter started asking Nathan some questions about his brothers field goal.

R: So has your brother kicked a field goal before.
N: Yeah there are a few at Practise, he normally stays back as well to try a few, even on the farm he is doing them.
R: Left Footed as well
N: yeah well not a lot of people know that Ian is ambidextrous. . .

Bigfella

Coach
There was a Friday night game in 2001, maybe v Easts, where Ian kicked over the top for a try - it was a left foot kick I'm sure...

I remember Fatty going berserk over it at the time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
There was a Friday night game in 2001, maybe v Easts, where Ian kicked over the top for a try - it was a left foot kick I'm sure...

I remember Fatty going berserk over it at the time.

I think JT scored that one...and Ian kicked it.

Latest posts