What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icon gone

carinashark

First Grade
I think I remember when that power pole wasnt there , then again , jeez its been a while.
There will be consequences!!!!!!!!! Think back ,where have all those munted A graders , under 8's sprung from? Those kids that at the junior footie you thought to yourself .
'Why did he do that'?
I have seen them for years playing with the footie , kicking cans about , falling into family groups on ground sheets while trying to catch an ill directed bomb, while their older sisters walk the circlular route around Shark Park.
These kids have made up the Shire RL playing stock ,a few even have made our side. Some poor unfortunates may have even been concived under those power lines !
Now they have gone , will we see a degridation in the quality of the juniors playing in the Shire? Will we still see that kid that hands the ball back to the opposition on the 2nd tackle when someone mentions 'apple turnover'? Or the confused player who scores under his own goal posts? Jeez how will affect Tim and will he finally be able to remove the alfoil from under his head gear? Ever wondered why Thursty plays so bad at Shark Park? Its all about the power!
Ok I know Tim plays without head protection. Something in that eh?

taipan

Referee
I swear Cronulla must have been part of the South Island of N.Z at some stage.

Some of the most horrendous conditions to watch footy when the wind and rain comes in.

Monday night on a wet one,is like Dunedin in the dark.
The sooner they get the PB stand under cover,the more season tickets they will sell.If the southern stand was located on the Eastern side it would be chockers each game.
I don't know how many games were played in crappy conditions there ,lats year but I venture the majority.
You need to grab the families on a regular basis,and the kids will more than likely commit in the future.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Who will ever forget the buzz that the power pole made in overcast conditions. Humming away whilst Bary ANDREWS or Sludge lined up the conversion in front of the pole. Glad it's gone though. Probably a safety issue,

azzah72

Bench
i have been told that they are investigating a permanent bubble like that will actially cover the hills on each side of the pb stand and over the roof.

Hard to explain but would look something like:

6a00d83451af4b69e200e55.png

Meaning the white covers on each side, they'll go over the top on pb stand and also covering the two standing hills on each side

Along way down the track me think but might be apart of the development.

taipan

Referee
covering the peter burns might block the view from corporate sponsors inside

Make it a prerequisite when the development goes ahead,surely an architect/engineer can redesign the stand ,that provides for fans and of course the sponsors.
Bring the top sponsors deck down to a lower level,and incorporate the inside section,and extend the bottom part for the fans over the concourse seats.There you go,all done and dusted.:D Closer to the action,a real game atmosphere.
the number of times I have had mates casual supporters say,I want to go,but i don't want me or the kids getting soaked out in the open.I have no doubt,even with the club's ordinary performance last year,with decent cover the average would have been up at least 1,500-2,000

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Who will ever forget the buzz that the power pole made in overcast conditions. Humming away whilst Bary ANDREWS or Sludge lined up the conversion in front of the pole. Glad it's gone though. Probably a safety issue,

When Sludge was in full flight,I did not know the pole existed.Who could forget the chunky Panda,big enough to be a half and 5/8 in one.
Thems were the days my friend,I wished they'd never end.

jc155776

Coach
That Penrith game two years ago looked horrendous on the TV.

I did it tough as well, the aircon was set pretty low and so I got a little chilly at home.

Eion

First Grade
That Penrith game two years ago looked horrendous on the TV.

I did it tough as well, the aircon was set pretty low and so I got a little chilly at home.
Haha, you're a man of the people jc. To better replicate the night you should have:
- put a speaker box right in front of the tele obscuring vision,
- put the sprinkler on in your living room with a few exposed power cables crackling away.

jc155776

Coach
I have been at a Cowboys game where a Tropical shower came down for about 15 mins. Was absolutely torrential but we were still warm at least.

Sitting through the same kind of rain in 10 degrees is f**ked.

I would still do it if I lived down there, but you can see why someone who is a supporter, but not Shark mad would give the place a miss if the weather looked iffy.

I dont think putting a high roof over any of the stands would work as the rain comes in sideways anyway.

I remember watching a few games against the Warriors at Shark Park where it may as well have been a NZ home game.

Ausguy

Coach
Haha, you're a man of the people jc. To better replicate the night you should have:
- put a speaker box right in front of the tele obscuring vision,
- put the sprinkler on in your living room with a few exposed power cables crackling away.

that is so bad... have we fixed that for this season yet? seriously an awful decision.

carcharias

Immortal
I would have prefered the speaker box over the unfunny fat man.
The entire hill was obscured from view.

jc155776

Coach
Those speaker boxes seem to be at a lot of grounds and anyone in the first couple of rows is affected by them.

Just on speakers at grounds, anyone been to Robina? They have to pump fake cheering through the speakers all game that is how little atmosphere there is there. I suppose when the ticket prices mean only silver spooners can attend a game you kinda kill off anyone wanting to have some fun.

The Shire

Juniors
They have to put something over the peter burns stand!! money money blah blah it will pay it self off in two years with an extra 250 people to the games x 11 rounds at 25 bucks a ticket = drum roll please..... $68,750 pa.

Futhermore season ticket prices for these seats can be jacked up.

in my opinion without the sunlight in your face on sunday arvo the peter burns stand is the best viewing when it isn't raining. or maybe thats because i was sitting there when we beat manly by 60