What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

icon gone

The Shire

Juniors
lol

they can seat in excess of 200 corporates inside

$68k - hahahaha

firstly why does this have to affect the corporate sponsors at all?? it can go above them and Im sure of all people they hate the sun in their eyes more than anyone. or the fact that no one is at the games when it rains to have a glimpse at the sponsorships.

I dont understand why you're laughing at the 68k? over estimated?

maybe but

Have you seen that PB stand at night when its raining and no one sits in there. Then compare it to the upper et when its raining.

the et stand drops maybe 10 percent in attendance
the burns drops 80-90 percent.

reefy yeah fair enough it probably would cost a lot more. but a greater effort should have been made in the past because i think the peter burns stand should be one of our greatest assets at the ground not one of the factors turning people away from the place on possibly 3-4 matches this year where it rains or threatens to rain, especially when we all know the amount of saturday and monday night games we are going to get :roll:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
There is a forumala(ha) for working out what sort of coverage is required per square metre being covered when the height is taken into consideration.
ie.
10sq m at 100mm height = 10.00001 square metre of coverage
10sq m at 10m height will require 30 sq metre of coverage(to get coverage)
if that makes sense.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Just rename the phuqer.

Who the hell was Peter Burns anyway? Who'd get off on sitting in the Peter Burns stand. It's all psychiatric you know.

Give it the name of a real celeb and people will sit in it.

The Frenzy Stand for example

The Shire

Juniors
Just rename the phuqer.

Who the hell was Peter Burns anyway? Who'd get off on sitting in the Peter Burns stand. It's all psychiatric you know.

Give it the name of a real celeb and people will sit in it.

The Frenzy Stand for example

He was one of the founding directors at the leagues club and bought a lot of the land on which the club is on. Or something like that.

The Quigs stand?

spider

Coach
firstly why does this have to affect the corporate sponsors at all??
the laws of geometry would prevail - it would inhibit view
it can go above them and Im sure of all people they hate the sun in their eyes more than anyone.
i agree - but its not as though we receive many sunday afternoon games

I dont understand why you're laughing at the 68k? over estimated?
you estimated the ROI over 2 seasons - being $68k from extra bums on dry seats in the peter burns

lets do the analysis on corporates not being inside due to losing the the view

seating in excesss of 200 corporates inside at, lets assume $150 per head per game (possibly under valued for beverage, food and first class view)

the math on that one over 2 seasons slightly out does the $68k

Have you seen that PB stand at night when its raining and no one sits in there. Then compare it to the upper et when its raining.
yes - and no one stands on family hill in the rain, no one stands on Peach hill in the rain, no one sits in the southern grand stand when it rains. heck, no one sits in the southern grand stand when its dry

they face larger issues than an extra 250 dry bums on seats

and if they really did care about the minority numbers then they may have executed a different apporach year prior when they sh*t on all the season seat holders on the eastern concourse

carcharias

Immortal
I sat in the in the southern stand for the trial last year against Manly.

It was pissing down and it was the only dry joint at the ground bar for a section of the ET stand.
I even had a pram with me up there.

It almost full.

i sat in the sutho for the derby last year (ironic as it was sunny)

its pretty good seating. could have been higher up tho.

as for more covered areas. we need em.

so does canberra actually. its got way too little given its spanner weather from april-august.