What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iconic Movies You Have Never Watched

horrie hastings

First Grade
I've never sat through Gone With The Wind.

Never seen ET, The Lion King, Home Alone.

Sat through Gone With The Wind when they showed it at the Capital Theatre many years ago, can't remember if i enjoyed it or not, i just remember it was long.

Have not seen ET or Home Alone either and have no intention.

Bought The Lion King sight unseen on video one day, did not like it all, luckily the video tape had a slight squeaky, whistling noise in part of the soundtrack so i ended up returning it and getting my money back.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
When i saw the Exorcist at the movies people were screaming and i was sitting there having a good old laugh, did not find the movies scary or horrific at all.
I don't not watch them because I find them scary, I just don't like the majority of them as a genre.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I don't not watch them because I find them scary, I just don't like the majority of them as a genre.

I know what you mean, i don't like what they call the so called slasher movie and then there are 4 , 5 or more in the series. I remember watching the original Halloween and thought it was a good movie, think i saw Halloween 2, ended watching Halloween 3 which had no connection to the first two movies and it was so crap i gave up watching anymore of them.
Haven't seen any of Friday the 13th franchise or any of the Chuckie movies.

horrie hastings

First Grade
My idea of a real horror movie is the original Universal movies from the 30's like Dracula, Frankenstein and The Mummy, very atmospheric and no slashing or gory and pointless deaths.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Titanic

Never seen it and never will

Even if the boat sunk in the first 5 mins James Cameron's version would have been to long, that is just over 3hrs of my life i would never get back even with the lovely Kate Winslet in it after watching it.

I do love the 1953 version of Titanic with Barbara Stanwyck though.

nöyd

Staff member
I've never sat through Gone With The Wind.

Never seen ET, The Lion King, Home Alone.

Nor any of The Fast and Furious.

Haven't watched superhero movies either but I can't see these would be iconic, other than being massive cash machines.
Your point about superhero movies is valid, but you also mentioned the Fast and the Furious films, so...

I did not like the Castle.....just couldn't get drawn in. I have never seen a Harry Potter movie either and watched the first 30 minutes of Lord of the Rings. I was very drunk when I put that on.....I'll give it another crack one day.

Thew first Lord of the Rings movie is rather slow, as the trilogy has to cover a lot of material. Action wise things heat up the most in the second and third movies..

horrie hastings

First Grade
Haven't watched The Castle, Crocodile Dundee, ET.
Haven't watched any of the Harry Potter movies in full, sometimes when they have been on on a Saturday night i have had the picture on on the TV with no volume and had music playing.

Parra

Referee
Haven't watched The Castle, Crocodile Dundee, ET.
Haven't watched any of the Harry Potter movies in full, sometimes when they have been on on a Saturday night i have had the picture on on the TV with no volume and had music playing.

The Castle is worth a watch. Have you seen The Dish?

Latest posts