What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iconic Movies You Have Never Watched

horrie hastings

First Grade
Censorship increased creativity. Look at Psycho.

I will have to revisit Psycho one day, i have it on DVD but usually if i'm in a Hitchcock mood i put on The Birds.

I remember seeing Psycho as a double bill with The Birds at the Chauvel cinema at Paddington back sometime in the late 90's, i had seen The Birds many times but it was the first time i had seen Pyscho.

Hitchcock was a slow burner for me. Absolutely brilliant. First for me was The Birds then Pyscho and North By Northwest and then some others.

"Good evening" was his catchphrase for his show Alfred Hitchcock Presents when I was a young tacker.

Still runs shivers up my spine over 50 years later.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hitchcock was a slow burner for me. Absolutely brilliant. First for me was The Birds then Pyscho and North By Northwest and then some others.

"Good evening" was his catchphrase for his show Alfred Hitchcock Presents when I was a young tacker.

Still runs shivers up my spine over 50 years later.

I have been watching and still have plenty on the hard drive of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, they were on late at night on free to air TV so i recorded them and watch an episode every now and then.

I know it’s very unpopular but Tarantino movies meh.

I liked Reservoir Dogs.
But took me forever to watch Pulp Fiction and didn’t feel I missed anything. Jackie Brown I just remember the AK47 quote which is great. After that Kill Bills etc just never seen them or watched in full.
I know I am a heathen.
Love the guy as interview though. A bit like Robbie Williams - I could watch them talk all day just not fussed on their art.

Parra

Referee
I know it’s very unpopular but Tarantino movies meh.

I liked Reservoir Dogs.
But took me forever to watch Pulp Fiction and didn’t feel I missed anything. Jackie Brown I just remember the AK47 quote which is great. After that Kill Bills etc just never seen them or watched in full.
I know I am a heathen.
Love the guy as interview though. A bit like Robbie Williams - I could watch them talk all day just not fussed on their art.

I think that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a masterpiece. Good post though, they are some iconic movies that you haven't seen.

gUt

Coach
James Bond
Harry Potter
Fast & Furious
Star Trek
Taken
Pirates of the Caribbean

I still haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet even though i have had it on blu ray for a few years, so i haven't seen Toy Story 4 yet either.

Not sure whether to re visit the first two again before i watch number 3.
I absolutely loved the original trilogy. The emotional kick of 3 was a high point and good ending, so when they said 4 was coming out I was a bit cynical and missed it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Forest Gump
Back to the Future 3
Citizen Kane
Godfather
Schindlers List
Angry Men
Inception
Goodfellas
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
Interstellar
Spirited Away
Saving Private Ryan
Seven
Psyco
Any James Bond, Indiana Jones, Star Trek. Most DC, and about half of Marvel (more so the earlier ones)

horrie hastings

First Grade
I absolutely loved the original trilogy. The emotional kick of 3 was a high point and good ending, so when they said 4 was coming out I was a bit cynical and missed it.

Yeah, i'm not quite sure why i haven't watched 3 yet even though i have owned a copy of it for years.

Matua

Bench
Did I already say Avatar earlier in the thread? I will finally watch it when it's re-released before the new ones.