What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea that could triple TV ratings

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon provided it was filmed and packaged Premier Sports in England would show it.The challenge would be to get someone in Australia to show it.We are so NRL centric.Fox Sports won't even show the ESL.Perhaps Eurosport here in Aus is a chance?

There's plenty of channels that would take out of ratings sport for Free. This is what we need to do with all tests as well. Get the product out there within 5-10 years there would be sponsors on board and can really have a great international product

gyallop

Juniors
There's plenty of channels that would take out of ratings sport for Free. This is what we need to do with all tests as well. Get the product out there within 5-10 years there would be sponsors on board and can really have a great international product

Seriously name one!!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Miguel, I would agree with you that it's an very niche market IF its season ran March-October like NRL and ESL, but it doesn't, that's what opens the window of opportunity.

Remember, if just 1% of the Qld and NSW populations decide to tune in (everyone is home on a Sunday night), we're talking about an audience of 120,000!!!!

Sponsors would come on board slowly but surely I believe, as would viewers.

There are plenty of native English speakers involved in Rugby League and/or living in France that could do the commentary once a week. All the obstacles could be overcome. It's worth exploring, the French League (I am under no illusions about its standard) is underselling itself at the moment.

It starts making sense even more when you consider all our bad boys can only play in France ;-)

Someone get it happening, great Idea mate 10000 thumbs up.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
The new ARC or whatever it is for the Australian Rugby Union only has around 20-35k atm, I reckon a RL game played at a certain time each week from France would eventually trounce this, no having a go at Union, but this country rightfully or wrongfully loves Rugby League.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Better yet, if the RL world wants to make money, how about every game that is televised world wide, you make available to people to watch at your very own website for say $80 a year, that'd be cool, I know heaps of people that would get it.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
No channel would take it unless they were provided with professional coverage, and what's being shot at the moment doesn't come close. One amateurish program reflects poorly and the rest of the channel, so they'll want multiple cameras, proper lighting, decent commentary and proper graphics and edits before it's even considered. I'd watch every game if someone showed it in 4:3 with Super Hubert calling it, but few others would.

langpark

First Grade
No channel would take it unless they were provided with professional coverage, and what's being shot at the moment doesn't come close. One amateurish program reflects poorly and the rest of the channel, so they'll want multiple cameras, proper lighting, decent commentary and proper graphics and edits before it's even considered. I'd watch every game if someone showed it in 4:3 with Super Hubert calling it, but few others would.
The channel that currently televises (some) French matches, certainly has all those capabilities. It's just a matter of bringing all the parties together and making it happen. Committing a few cameras and a commentator to one match per week, is hardly a huge gamble, especially for a channel as big as this...

http://www.beinsports.fr/

paulmac

Juniors
The channel that currently televises (some) French matches, certainly has all those capabilities. It's just a matter of bringing all the parties together and making it happen. Committing a few cameras and a commentator to one match per week, is hardly a huge gamble, especially for a channel as big as this...

http://www.beinsports.fr/

I've noticed that beinsports has taken over Setanta sport here in Aus.Maybe another door slightly ajar?

siv

First Grade
French RL has the serious potential the rival the ESL as the premier RL comp in Europe if managed correctly

Latest posts