What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas for the Footyshow

Since everyone keeps on posting who they think should be on the show and what should be canned and what should stay, i thought id start a thread for people to post what they think would improve the show. After the thread has stopped being posted in i could send it into the footyshow. Either Via email, post, fats sack, whatever you guys think will be more effective. I think getting our ideas to the shows producer would be great.

Here is what i think needs to be changed:

*Stop giving away cars in such stupid segmants like Mario's man of the week and League of their own. Both of those segments are a joke.

*No Talent time is good every now and then. The only way i think this should keep running is if use have proper auditions every week to make it a segmant worth watching.

*Bring back "Reg's Rant". I havnt seen it yet this year. It was a crack up. Reg is also good on the street talks as well. But there is one person who i think tops reg on the street. And thats Robbo. He should get back on the show.

*Daredevil Dudes is another segmant that is good every now and then. They run out of things to do so they just do something which is stupid and boring. They should have this on once a month or so.

*I love watching the "Power Plays" segment. They should make this more longer with more good trys shown. This would definately be a favourite if it lasted 5-10 minutes.

*They should also preview the upcoming games alot slower than they do. They just skim through like footy doesnt exist anymore. They should properly preview every game for a good few minutes.

*Get a few of the retirees on the show to do some out and about work. Girds, Satts and tezza would be great at these types of things. Their House should come back.

*Get a few of the players on the show each week. Not just to play goin goin goooone but to talk some footy. Have a guest host on each week as well.

*I think the boys should start taking off film clips like they used to. I saw the DVD the other day and the boys dressing up as the village people and the backstreet boys really made me crack up.

*I like watching the stories how they go out to a training session for a little kid with a disability or a person with cancer. These are great stories that show how good the players are to the public.

*I think they should do something similar to when they did the armwrestling challenge where each club nominated a player to take place in the knockout. Maybe a 100 metre sprint this time.

*Get bloody Fifi box away from anywhere near the footyshow set.

*Get Mario off unless hes gonna let them torture him like they used to. Thats the only time he made me laugh.

*I think the panel at the moment is good. Fatty and Sterlo are the face of the show. Cheif is alright, except when he keeps on going on about how good newcastle is, and matty is the funniesy bloke on the show in its history.

Thats all i can think of at the moment. Post any of your other ideas here and also emphasise a point that u agree on to show that im not the only one wanting that idea. Hopefully this thread will grow and grow then get to the footyshow in one form or another. Dont argue in this thread, just try and keep it tidy so it is easy to send or email away.

Thanx guys.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Robbo was brilliant and should be brought back on.

And Their House is sh1t. The best thing they did was can it.

Phillips

Referee
bring back thier house...with ryan girdler for f**k sake :x

bring back 60 seconds with sterlo

i agree, that robbo should be brought back for street talks

0neye

its old hat is sucks the poofy show is dead f**k it off put on the best rugby league
game of the last week on 8)

Razor

Coach
Award the higher votes to the actual best act rather than little kids. They're playing for a car, and they give the finalist spot to a kid who is terrible, rather than the best act. Or make it a minimum age of 13-14. If they really want the kids on, then have one act a week after the others, where the kid gets a prize, but isn't eligible to win the car.

woodgers

Bench
Footy for sure.

Make Fatty and the bell ends sit down and watch the way the AFL show is run. Heaps funnier and relevant to the game. At the moment the show is based around stupid stunts and crap jokes that drag on.

Unfortunately I don't think it will change because Rugby League, like it or not, has a fair element of simpleton supporters who watch the show, and love things like Fatty slipping over on Ski's 150 times and still laugh at it. They love it when dork Vautin forgets his lines. It still rates well so they won't change it.

I mentioned earlier in the year that it needs to be completely canned and started again. They need someone who has off the cuff humour to run the thing, such as Andrew Denton. Have a look at Eddie McGuire, he has heaps of witty and funny things to contribute to the AFL. Then they have a full time comedian, Trevor Marmalade who is over at the bar, he loves AFL, keeps up with the issues and makes wise cracks. That is funny. Not some turnip in a flight stewarts uniform.

I could go on and on....

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Did they have the power plays this week?

I don't mind the show. But they should have more players as guest hosts of the show.

Quigs

Immortal
My suggestion, put it on after that stupid Yank tonight show, whats his name, the wanker with the glasses.

Then that way, at least if you don't fall asleep watching the ridiculously unfunny yank, then you have a valid reason to get up and turn the bloody TV off.

The Footy Show is as entertaining as watching paint dry... or grass grow.

bluesmall.gif

Cheers
Quigs

Drop bye and say hi

Disco

Bench
Revamp the Panal, get rid of Fatty and Chief, and have it with

Sterlo
Matty Johns
Ryan Girdler
Bryan Fletcher (after next year)

Parra_Eels

Bench
i hate beat the boys, daredevil dudes and the kids on no talent time. also i hate the act fatty puts on when hes skiing. you can basically see him jumping to make it look like hes falling over

wittyfan

Referee
woodgers said:
Unfortunately I don't think it will change because Rugby League, like it or not, has a fair element of simpleton supporters who watch the show, and love things like Fatty slipping over on Ski's 150 times and still laugh at it. They love it when dork Vautin forgets his lines. It still rates well so they won't change it.

Actually it's not rating very well at all with Law & Order comfortably beating it every week. The only episode this year to rate well was the one that featured the very underwhelming interview with Andrew Johns about his playing future.

melon....

Coach
The only way to improve the Thursday Night Footy Show is:

Get rid of Vautin, Sterling, and Chief. I reckon Matt J is OK when talking league.

Next step...talk League. And thats it.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
roostersalltheway said:
*Stop giving away cars in such stupid segmants like Mario's man of the week and League of their own. Both of those segments are a joke. ink needs to be changed:

Why should they stop giving cars away in these segments? They can if they want.

roostersalltheway said:
*No Talent time is good every now and then. The only way i think this should keep running is if use have proper auditions every week to make it a segmant worth watching.

Thats a stupid idea, if you read the name of the segment what is the point of having auditions?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
get rid of it, or stick to rugby league, like NRL on fox

at least give up the notion that its a variety show

footballers make lousy comedians