What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

idris or jennings

nqcowboy87

Bench
i think we missed a real showdown, williams is good player and one of my favourite(innisfail bias) but idris vs jennings would have been a cracker. they both seem equally freakishly talented, but who would you pick as your favourite. id go with idris, i think the kid is just a freak

watatank

Coach
Pure power is pretty good to have, tbh.

I'd rather Jennings now, down the track Idris will be better IMO.

skeepe

Immortal
I can't believe people think that speed is all Jennings has. Madness. Jennings will be the best centre in the game very soon.

Noa

First Grade
This bloke retiring is he
r132116_439925.jpg

I can't believe people think that speed is all Jennings has. Madness. Jennings will be the best centre in the game very soon.

behind Croker of course :)

Jennings looked very good , made a couple of errors at the end of his runs , but his runs were impressive.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Idris has too much breast milk weighing him down
Too bad Dugan couldn't beat him for rookie of the year, huh?

Anyway, I won't go into comparing two completely different styles of centres. But Jennings is a freak and it was great to see his moments of brilliance. He's an awesome player and any team would love to have him.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
He probably does, Loudstrat. Hopefully he'll get back to his best. I remember the hits Tahu use to put on in 07. Wow they were awesome.

Big Mick

Referee
LOL

Is this a serious thread?

Jennings by the length of the straight...AT ANY POINT in their careers.

People think Jennings has peaked?

He is only 21 ffs.

Idris is a great young player...don't get me wrong...but he has absolutely nothing on Jennings as far as excitement and footwork are concerned. Idris is a cult figure. If he didn't have dreadlocks noone would give a rats ass.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Idris is a great athlete but not a great centre yet. He stood out because of his physical attributes but he isn't on the same level as a centre as Jennings, Inglis etc.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Idris will one day be far greater than Jennings.. One day. Probably not for years to come but I think it's going to happen.

The reason I say this is that Jennings has speed and footwork going for him. That's it. He doesn't have much strength or power (yet) like Inglis or Idris.

Inglis has speed, footwork, power and strength. Idris has power, strength and to an extent speed (he's was a world ranked athlete, don't under estimate his speed). He's going to improve out of sight within the next 3 years in terms or coming into the mould of Inglis. I don't see Jennings getting close to the level of Inglis, but he won't need to because his amazing speed and footwork will get him far.

At the moment, Jennings is far better than Idris. But in a couple of years time, Idris will eclipse him.

Inglis > Jennings > Idris.

Big Mick

Referee
I would bet anything in the world that Idris will never be "far greater" than Jennings or even close to Inglis.

You are under-estimating Jennings and his strength. He is a beast.

Remember the hit he put on Jason Ryles?

He's got a powerful shoulder...he's got a lot of strength...when he needs to use it.

But he rarely needs to use it because he has superior footwork to most people on the competition.

Latest posts