What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

idris or jennings

ByRd

First Grade
Right now it is Jennings and he has more then just pace, a very talented player. Idris will take a couple of years to hit his trpas and grow into his body and then we will see the best of him, he will gradually improve but i think people expect alot from our younger players without giving them the time to settle into NRL footy, Idris in a couple of years is going to be one dangerous player.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
You are the most biased moron on these forums
Yeah, because putting Idris at the bottom of the list is a really biased thing to do...

People are under estimating Idris. The hate towards him is completely unwarranted. I really don't get the name calling and hate people have towards him. Is it because he's so young and has already shown so much promise or is it because he gets a lot of hype and it's not for your own club? I really don't understand.

GongPanther

Referee
I agree with a couple of earlier posters in that Idris needs to be shifted towards either the second row or put him on the wing a-la Lote Tuqiri and by this move, the Dogs will have in a fast finishing tackle-braking try scorer.

Although he does have a weakness when he lags on the blindside in defence,I'm sure the coach would have spent most of the off-season rectifying this error in his game.

But it is a bit unfair to compare these two bright players untill they have met head-to-head and after at least a 1/2 dozen times.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
That's the thing I'm talking about.. "Idris has nothing." What kind of a comment is that? Why can't opposition fans see a true talent for what he is instead of trying to rubbish him?

Fair enough, he isn't as good as Inglis or Jennings. He might get a bit of second year syndrome, he might end up having some big injuries or he might go on to represent his country. Either way, he has shown tremendous signs and it's clear he has some talent. Why rubbish him?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yeah, because putting Idris at the bottom of the list is a really biased thing to do...

People are under estimating Idris. The hate towards him is completely unwarranted. I really don't get the name calling and hate people have towards him. Is it because he's so young and has already shown so much promise or is it because he gets a lot of hype and it's not for your own club? I really don't understand.

for me its the hype when its completely unwarrented. He was "Rookie Of the Year" when tbh he wasnt even in the top 4 rookies to debut this year, and 2 of them ahead of him play his position - Asyhford and Croker.

For mine the 4 best rookies from this year were Mortimer, Dugan, Croker and Asyhford. Idris isnt close to as talented as any of them. Idris simply isnt the allround player those guys are... Idris's defense is sloppy, he's got ordinary footwork, and his positioining is ordinary. But close to the line he's a hard guy to stop one on one due to the mismatch with alot of centres who are not as big as him.

He's not hated. Just over-rated.

Big Mick

Referee

The reason is because knobs like you come on here and talk him up like he is the best thing since sliced bread.

When in reality he is just a promising player who isn't a quality player at all just yet.

To anticipate what will happen in the future is ridiculous, and to place that much pressure on a kid is also ridiculous.

So its not that they hate Idris...they just hate you.

Big Mick

Referee
That's the thing I'm talking about.. "Idris has nothing." What kind of a comment is that? Why can't opposition fans see a true talent for what he is instead of trying to rubbish him?

Fair enough, he isn't as good as Inglis or Jennings. He might get a bit of second year syndrome, he might end up having some big injuries or he might go on to represent his country. Either way, he has shown tremendous signs and it's clear he has some talent. Why rubbish him?

Because you talk as though he will be Mal Meninga.

watatank

Coach
I'm not saying he hasn't...but they tend to be weak opposition. I remember he scored hat tricks against the Roosters and Eels but the Roosters were wooden spooners and that game against the Eels touch football. He did the same against France but they're not that good. He played well last night but Ty Williams is no Greg Inglis. He was kept quiet against the Dragons and Storm from memory and kept quiet in Origin.

Jennings is so much better than Idris it's not funny. Jennings is in the top 5 centres in the game, Idris wouldn't be in the top 10. How bitchtits won rookie of the year ahead of players like Mortimer, Croker and Dugan has me mystified, if he falls of the face of the earth next year I don't think I would really notice.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not saying he hasn't...but they tend to be weak opposition. I remember he scored hat tricks against the Roosters and Eels but the Roosters were wooden spooners and that game against the Eels touch football. He did the same against France but they're not that good. He played well last night but Ty Williams is no Greg Inglis. He was kept quiet against the Dragons and Storm from memory and kept quiet in Origin.

He actually did quite well in Origin.

Against Dragons he didn't get any ball, same as Storm...because our forwards got hammered.

watatank

Coach
He wasn't bad...but didn't ask many questions of the defence...if he's not doing that, why is he there?

Latest posts