What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

idris or jennings

Big Mick

Referee
I agree. Which is why I've stated severel times Jennings has it all over Idris. But Idris isn't going to be too far off by the end of this year me thinks. TBH both are different kinds of players so comparing them is silly.

Then why start a thread comparing the two.

God some people are just freakin thick!

Big Mick

Referee
Iv always wondered how Jennings would go at fullback. His height could be a problem, but it never really stopped Wesser, Slater and Bowen

He too.

He played fantastic for Tonga at fullback in the WC.

I think he would suit fullback and has requested to play there a number of times.

His footwork in open space would be electric. But i'd be concerned under the high ball.

Noa

First Grade
Actually looking at this thread more closely - i cant believe some on here can sit there and honestly say Idris is near Jennings at this moment or is going to be..

LOL !

Idris is big and strong - just like some others who are big and strong and they go nowhere.

Jennings qualities you cant teach - he is an exceptional talent..
Idris will fizzle out.

Regardless of anyones opinion of the players you can teach being 6"5", 108kg, outstanding leap and good speed now.

Cool, Im going to send my sons to that school.

Borat.

Juniors
Idris will be a great 2nd rower in the near future- but can't defend in the centres to save his life......

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Yeah but you are the one defending it to the hills.
LOL nice cover up Small Dick. You failed. I didn't start the thread and you were wrong.

I've said numerous times, actually I think my first post I stated it, that they are different kinds of players and never once have I said Idris is better than Jennings.

boxa777

Coach
Firstly, Jennings is the better player currently and will be in the future.

I think someone made a point about Jennings in big games and to an extent I agree. Until I see him consistently perform at a high standard against bigger teams, I can't put him in the GI class. Sometimes he starts looking dis-interested in those big games and starts limping around.

But he is still on the level just below GI and probably my favourite player outside of my team to watch. He is an excitement machine and I'd rather watch him anyday over of Idris. The way people are talking on here about Idris eventually over-taking Jennings in ability and performance is like Jennings is over the hill and his best days are not infront of him.

He isn't that much older than Idris. I just can't see Idris staying in the backs. I see him getting bigger and bigger and would be a real good backrower in the future. The jury is still out though if he has the discipline to get the body needed for first grade. He doesn't want to be the Matt Mundine of the league.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Jennings > Idris

Even when Idris does develop properly - i still see Jennings as being more damaging.

And im a dogs supporter lol

aqua_duck

Coach
IMO Ryan Williamson will turn out to be a better player than Idris, he's the same size (if you take away Jamal's man cans) and hits just as hard. Been very unlucky with injuries

Tom Ace

Bench
IMO Ryan Williamson will turn out to be a better player than Idris, he's the same size (if you take away Jamal's man cans) and hits just as hard. Been very unlucky with injuries

I've been hoping the same thing for the past 2 years.

Hopefully he's got his injury cursed years out of the way now.

Big Mick

Referee
I've been hoping the same thing for the past 2 years.

Hopefully he's got his injury cursed years out of the way now.

If we are talking that...then Greg Waddell would have to rate into the equation.

I've never in all the time i've watched SG Ball/Harold Matt's/Flegg..seen a more talented centre.

He has it all -size, speed, strength, footwork...very Inglis like. Problem is he's been so unlucky with injuries and also illness.

But this has been his first full off-season in 3 seasons. I think we'll see him in first grade by years end lock down that left centre spot for Penrith.

I agree with Williamson though. He's a very good talent. But I thought he was given personal leave???

BTW...either way you look at anything...whether its Jennings, Idris, Crocker...whoever...its fantastic to see so much exciting young talent in the game.

And i'm hoping with new tv revenue, other new revenue streams etc that we'll be able to increase the cap, thereby allowing these kids to stay in the game...and hopefully...we can include concessions for loyalty meaning that our next generation can grow up idolising one team players.

The Tank

Bench
I think someone made a point about Jennings in big games and to an extent I agree. Until I see him consistently perform at a high standard against bigger teams, I can't put him in the GI class. Sometimes he starts looking dis-interested in those big games and starts limping around.

He's nowhere near GI's class. Nowhere near. Nobody is really. Maybe Hayne and Slater are up there but GI stands alone. I doubt many would even suggest Jenno's anywhere near that class anyway.

Noa

First Grade
He's nowhere near GI's class. Nowhere near. Nobody is really. Maybe Hayne and Slater are up there but GI stands alone. I doubt many would even suggest Jenno's anywhere near that class anyway.

Correct.

Really Jennings is in that 3rd tier of centers containing the likes of J. Morris, C. Lawrence,etc.

Like you said Inglis is at the top by himself, with Hodges on the rung just below. People may doubt Hodges but him and GI are the only centers who can dictate off their own bat wether their teams win or lose.

boxa777

Coach
Correct.

Really Jennings is in that 3rd tier of centers containing the likes of J. Morris, C. Lawrence,etc.

Like you said Inglis is at the top by himself, with Hodges on the rung just below. People may doubt Hodges but him and GI are the only centers who can dictate off their own bat wether their teams win or lose.

No doubt about that.. But for me, they are just as good to watch. Jennings has deficiencies that GI doesn't have, but he is entertaining.

I'd also throw Matt Cooper in that section with Josh & Lawrence. It's just a shame that both GI and Cooper play left centre and never match up.

The attacking brilliance of GI against the defensive muscle of Coops would be a heavyweight affair. A match up that would be more even than most think. I think GI won't have it easy against Cooper.

Hodges is a good player, but for the most part is nullified when taking on Cooper. He is Cooper's bitch.

Latest posts