What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

idris or jennings

Y2Eel

First Grade
Idris will one day be far greater than Jennings.. One day. Probably not for years to come but I think it's going to happen.

The reason I say this is that Jennings has speed and footwork going for him. That's it. He doesn't have much strength or power (yet) like Inglis or Idris.

Inglis has speed, footwork, power and strength. Idris has power, strength and to an extent speed (he's was a world ranked athlete, don't under estimate his speed). He's going to improve out of sight within the next 3 years in terms or coming into the mould of Inglis. I don't see Jennings getting close to the level of Inglis, but he won't need to because his amazing speed and footwork will get him far.

At the moment, Jennings is far better than Idris. But in a couple of years time, Idris will eclipse him.

Inglis > Jennings > Idris.

I am confused.....

BTW No Jennings is awesome...

Ridders

Coach
Idris is going to be a scary player when he fills out.

But atm Jennings is definitely the superior of the two.

caylo

Bench
The best centres in the comp are Inglus and Hodges and if Lote and Tahu can return to their best they will be up there aswell (assuming Lote plays in the centres, but there is talk of him playing fullback).

Jennings is very good player and has better footwork then anyone ive ever seen including players like Gasnier.

Idris is a slow, fat and usless tool. I would have him close to Jennings in terms of ability.

Binga

Juniors
No contest, Jennings is one of the best attacking players in the World. Idris wouldn't even rate a mention just yet.

The Gambler

Juniors
Idris is an exciting prospect, but I don't think he has shown the class of Jennings just yet...and Jennings still has plenty to give and plenty to prove. Idris has defensive problems much like Chris Lawrence did when he hit the scene, Lawrence has improved out of sight to become one of the better defensive centres in the game and Idris is going to have to do the same if he wants to be considered one of the best.

parra_jesus

Juniors
jennings is better than idris now , and he will be better than idris in 5 years! jennings is a superstar in the making. esp after hodges injurie you will see jennings , inglis the future Australian centre pairing dominant for the the next 5 years. idris wont make rep's (aboriginal side does not count, its a exhibition match)

mattyg

Bench
I'm a dogs supporter and I'd rather Jennings at the moment but I think if Idris works on his fitness and defence a bit he is a better prospect in the long run. He just has the brut power about him that will scare alot of opposition centres. Jennings is definately more talented for the time being though.

Fibroman

First Grade
Jennings is a true centre with pace, acceleration and footwork. Idris is more suited to the backrow, and as he gets older, he will slow up and that is where he will be playing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Idris is talented, no doubt but already he is probably one of the most over-rated player in the game, he wasnt even the best centre to debut last year, let alone in Jennings/Inglis class.

He's got size and power, but as far as actually footballing ability, he is not even in the top 3 for rookie centres last year, and well behind Ayshford and Croker in talent IMHO.

Good player, will have a long NRL career with very little rep footy imo. But as of right now, massively over-rated.

As for Jennings. Anyone who thinks speed is all he's got is mad. One of the best centres in the game. Needs to be a tad more consistant in club footy to establish himself along with the likes of Hodges and Inglis but Idris isnt fit to wipe his arse

matt

Juniors
Idris is talented, no doubt but already he is probably one of the most over-rated player in the game, he wasnt even the best centre to debut last year, let alone in Jennings/Inglis class.

He's got size and power, but as far as actually footballing ability, he is not even in the top 3 for rookie centres last year, and well behind Ayshford and Croker in talent IMHO.

Good player, will have a long NRL career with very little rep footy imo. But as of right now, massively over-rated.

As for Jennings. Anyone who thinks speed is all he's got is mad. One of the best centres in the game. Needs to be a tad more consistant in club footy to establish himself along with the likes of Hodges and Inglis but Idris isnt fit to wipe his arse

High five.

aussies1st

Staff member
Jennings with ease atm, Idris isn't near him. But in the future who knows, Idris does have the attributes that I like in centre with size, power and height.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Some people here are putting alot of faith in Idris and him over coming his defencive and fitness problems. They are huge huge problems which sometimes can not be solved. Jennings is a freak, unbelievable talent. Just needs to cut the errors out of his game and learn not to go high on certain players when trying to read a sliding backline move.

Johns Magic

Referee
Idris will one day be far greater than Jennings.. One day. Probably not for years to come but I think it's going to happen.

The reason I say this is that Jennings has speed and footwork going for him. That's it. He doesn't have much strength or power (yet) like Inglis or Idris.

Inglis has speed, footwork, power and strength. Idris has power, strength and to an extent speed (he's was a world ranked athlete, don't under estimate his speed). He's going to improve out of sight within the next 3 years in terms or coming into the mould of Inglis. I don't see Jennings getting close to the level of Inglis, but he won't need to because his amazing speed and footwork will get him far.

At the moment, Jennings is far better than Idris. But in a couple of years time, Idris will eclipse him.

Inglis > Jennings > Idris.

You are the most biased moron on these forums

Noa

First Grade
Some people here are putting alot of faith in Idris and him over coming his defencive and fitness problems. They are huge huge problems which sometimes can not be solved. Jennings is a freak, unbelievable talent. Just needs to cut the errors out of his game and learn not to go high on certain players when trying to read a sliding backline move.

Going into his 4th year Jennings defence has gotten no better so i agree with you, some problems cant be solved.

Latest posts