What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Benji is out...

Walpole

Juniors
What are the thoughts on how we deal with that?

Widdop to halfback, Hutchison to 5/8? Or vice versa?

Widdop at half, someone else at 5/8 (Dugan?)

Can Garvey play in the halves?

Interesting to see which way we go. I don't think it's the end of the world in any case, Widdop seemed to step up and play much better on the weekend once it was clear he was the main playmaker.

one day soon

Juniors
x3

He was outstanding filling in on Saturday. Tony Williams has played 5/8 in the past? Jacks more mobile & skilled than him.

2010Dragons

Bench
Jack Debelin....end of discussion.
The way JDB defended in marshall's defensive line position was awesome.
Rein and Widdop can kick the ball and JDB can defend and distribute the ball.
Best combo !

LatK7

First Grade
JDB was excellent. Wouldn't mind him there. Rein will have to step it up again though.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I think JDB at 5/8 as well. Having his awesome defence on the field for 80 minutes would be a big bonus and the guy did a fine job when put in that position on Saturday... Widdop can run the show, he proved it last week.

BennyV

Referee
I know I mentioned Ah Mau for silliness, but is Jack deBelin a real option for people? We arent playing against a directionless, Johnson-less Warriors team on the slide this week, we are playing against a Wayne-Bennett-coached ladder-leading Broncos, at their home ground, hungry after 2 losses. Surely we throw a natural half in, or someone with a bit of agility and speed. Jack can still utilise his defense and ball skills as a forward, but Widdop needs someone else against a strong, desperate opposition...

chewbacca

Juniors
Marketo can play there and has done so in the lower grades. He won't have to be creative, just get the ball out to Widdop. I wouldnt disrupt the team by having Dugan move. Added bonus would be that Jake would be defending where Benji usually is- on the right edge. Where he defends anyway.....so minimal disruption. He also played out of his skin last week.

V

Vasilevsky

x3

He was outstanding filling in on Saturday. Tony Williams has played 5/8 in the past? Jacks more mobile & skilled than him.

Jack is a far superior all-round player but he isn't more mobile. Williams used to play on the wing.

V

Vasilevsky

I know I mentioned Ah Mau for silliness, but is Jack deBelin a real option for people? We arent playing against a directionless, Johnson-less Warriors team on the slide this week, we are playing against a Wayne-Bennett-coached ladder-leading Broncos, at their home ground, hungry after 2 losses. Surely we throw a natural half in, or someone with a bit of agility and speed. Jack can still utilise his defense and ball skills as a forward, but Widdop needs someone else against a strong, desperate opposition...

x2

Cagey Mac

Bench
Much depends on whether Nighty and Matthews play IMO.

I think that JDB will be needed in the pack to add a little grunt against the Broncos and we’ll need a 5/8 with more speed off the mark than he has.

As well as Marketo, I’d consider Hunt and Mata’utia as options both have speed and guile and are capable defenders.

If Matthews is okay, I’d leave Thompson in the centres and play Mata’utia as 5/8. Thompson has the pace and strength to handle Hodges who lacks speed now but is a strong runner and needs some stopping.

Latest posts