What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Bennett Goes.....

Replace him with NZ's Wayne Bennett = Brian McClenan
Definitley the best coach NZ has to offer I would love to have him as the coach of the Warriors, has the best ability to make medicore players look like stars
His record is very impressive (Just not as impressive as the main man Bennett who i got alot of respect for)

STG 002

First Grade
How about Tony Smith? Atleast he has won things unlike his brother. Passion for the club too and very experienced now.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The best option for me is for Saints to ask Bennett who he thinks will be a good fit for the team if he decides to go and whoever he thinks the Saints should get. If anyone can judge a good coach it would be Sir Benny.

If Saints sign a new coach due to Bennett's recomendation then it will be the best move, whoever it is.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Another option would be to offer Bennett a role as coaching director which he could do from afar (ie Brisbane)... Probably like Gould is going to do for the Cowboys. And allow him to assess his potential successor(s) to help the club find the right person for the job.

Gaba

First Grade
Brownie if Bennett goes, would have no doubts Brownie would have seen what Bennett did and try to replicate

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
BROWN?...NO WAY...

Steve Folkes would be great...If he shows as much passion as he did for the scumdogs

Gaba

First Grade
BROWN?...NO WAY...

Steve Folkes would be great...If he shows as much passion as he did for the scumdogs

I Always will be biased towards Brownie , i dont think he is or was as bad as people continue to claim, he just didnt quite have the ability to punish players who fail to execute the game plans.

But i think he would learn from his mistake

If Bennett retires or leaves the dragons , i wouldnt mind who the coach is , except i dont want Bellamy

Last edited:

Jono1987

Juniors
I'd be very surprised if Steve Price didn't end up as head coach once Bennett moves on. Selfishly I'd like Bennett to sign on for another year or two and give Price four or so years learning under him so that Price could become a long-term option for us.

If for whatever reason Price didn't assume the role, Mick Potter would surely have to be the favourite.