What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

This thread may have been an overstatement by the distinguished poster knows as Mr Albert Rosenfield, but the fear in the opposition fans speaks volumes.

The Sydney Roosters will have an even better side next season with the brilliant Ryan Hall and the latest State of Origin superstar Angus Crichton reinforcing the most electric back line and strongest forward pack in the NRL.

Season 2020 will be devastating for the haters if the rumours of Pearce, Watson and Ponga signing are confirmed to be true.

PNG star Lachlan Lam is being groomed by Cooper Cronk as his replacement in 2020. That will ensure that the 2020 competition is over before it starts.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yep, sure - but to be fair we're noting the good signs at the Warriors etc

Terrible signs at the Roosters - their forwards are just rubbish, they've been belted by Souths and the Warriors - they cowboyed up against the Sharks, but the Sharks weren't great but were still punching holes pretty easily

Friend looks either done, or really struggling - JWH remains a myth imo, SST isn't really a prop, they just look so vulnerable to any pack that attacks them with power

Remember Souths were without their so called 'heart and soul' big Sammy, the Warriors were without Johnson and Mannering - so not only did they get toweled it was by (IMO) two middle of the road teams missing their best players

Plus, Albert's just funny
Someone blew their load far too early in this thread.

You were warned.

It's up for grabs for half a dozen teams but we're right in it; maybe at the head of the queue.

Our forwards are rubbish? Lol

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Someone blew their load far too early in this thread.

You were warned.

It's up for grabs for half a dozen teams but we're right in it; maybe at the head of the queue.

Our forwards are rubbish? Lol

I was wrrrr, wrrrr, wrrr

Nah f**k it, still not a fan of JWH (too many crap Kiwis performances) and Napa - only good thing on the weekend was Manly lost, lol

Roosters are a chance, not quite ready to call the season done yet though - probably5-6 teams that could win

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I was wrrrr, wrrrr, wrrr

Nah f**k it, still not a fan of JWH (too many crap Kiwis performances) and Napa - only good thing on the weekend was Manly lost, lol

Roosters are a chance, not quite ready to call the season done yet though - probably5-6 teams that could win
JWHs Kiwi performances mystify me too. And tbf he was out of form to start the year but after he single handedly manhandled Penrith in an 80min performance I feel as though our pack is back to its best.

I'm not overly enamoured with Napa either but at club level he can be a very valuable cog in a greater whole, rather than a Fifita style single man wrecking ball.

And yes, the competition is fabulously open. For the first time since the new top 8 format I can totally see someone from outside the top 4 winning it.

But as a Roosters fan I am getting excited. We look the "the one" bursting from the pack at just the right time. Now we just need to maintain the rage and have luck with injuries.

Pedge1971

First Grade
With Ryan Hall on the wing in 2019, Latrell Mitchell and Joey Manu in the centres are going to have a field day creating space for the big English winger. Add James Tedesco into the mix, plus Luke Keary and Cooper Cronk in the halves, then the 2019 competition is over before it starts.

Time to spell Alby in the paddock for a bit and dust off Stevo.

wittyfan

Referee
This thread may have been an overstatement by the distinguished poster knows as Mr Albert Rosenfield, but the fear in the opposition fans speaks volumes.

The Sydney Roosters will have an even better side next season with the brilliant Ryan Hall and the latest State of Origin superstar Angus Crichton reinforcing the most electric back line and strongest forward pack in the NRL.

Season 2020 will be devastating for the haters if the rumours of Pearce, Watson and Ponga signing are confirmed to be true.

Who is this person?