What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

He sure doesn’t let the hate get too him. He seems very even tempered & handles things like someone with a split personality....

That is correct. Harvard professor by day, LU contributor by night. All the criteria necessary for predicting the final outcome of a rugby league season.

Valheru

Coach
Yep, tipping one of the pre-season favourites to win the comp and getting it right. Quite Nostradamus-like.

To be fair he had the guts to make the thread and stuck to his guns for 12 months despite being derided.

The success rate of these types of threads on LU has to be below 5%.

It is a staggering achievement.

firechild

First Grade
I was the one who identified Cooper Cronk as the key to a Sydney Roosters victory. Nobody else did.

Quite right, nobody had ever identified any talent in Cronk before you.

You're a special kind of genius Albert.

The Roosters took a team that came 2nd in the 2017 minor premership, added the Australian halfback from the team that won the 2017 minor premiership as well as one of the best fullbacks in the game. They weren't long odds to win the comp before a ball was kicked for a very good reason. It comes as a surprise to very few people that the Rorters managed to win the comp with the squad they had. You were hardly going out on a limb making a bold prediction.

AJB1102

First Grade
Anyone could have tipped the chooks. Albert's real achievement was riling merkins up for 1300+ posts and still going.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Anyone could have tipped the chooks. Albert's real achievement was riling merkins up for 1300+ posts and still going.
The real MVPs of this thread were the many MANY posters who were frothing at the mouth in writing us off after every early season loss.

Have a re- read after our rnd 1 loss to the Tigers LMAO. Rnd 1!

We weren't the April Premiers. That tag went to the Dragons as usual. And everyone was writing us off as a result. Alas wily ole Ser Trent Robinson was playing the long game.

He had everyone fooled. Even some Roosters fans.

AJB1102

First Grade
The real MVPs of this thread were the many MANY posters who were frothing at the mouth in writing us off after every early season loss.

We weren't the April Premiers. That tag went to the Dragons as usual. And everyone was writing us off as a result. Alas wily ole Ser Trent Robinson was playing the long game.

I was uncertain on your forwards but f**k did they prove me wrong. In fairness to myself they saved their best till last.

Glad to say my side's season was finished by the best side in the comp. I know our last game was v Storm but Chooks finished us a fortnight earlier.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

And of course the big referee conspiracy that the CIA, KGB, Mossad and the stoncutters had against you

Tommy Smith

Referee
I was uncertain on your forwards but f**k did they prove me wrong. In fairness to myself they saved their best till last.

Glad to say my side's season was finished by the best side in the comp. I know our last game was v Storm but Chooks finished us a fortnight earlier.
Our wk 1 match up was the highest quality match of the season. The loser was always going to be in serious trouble. Injuries hurt you at the wrong end too. They're the x factor in every finals series.

But that match in wk 1 was so close and proof of how so often the finals are won and lost on such fine margins. If Latrell doesn't make that try saver on Lewis it's 18 all and maybe you win and get the week off and we don't win the comp.

ram raid

Bench
Say what you like about the Roosters, I've enjoyed hating them in the past, But they are administratively awesome and clubs who want to win a premiership should copy them.

Credit goes to Keary and Cronk, of course, but the shy man pulling the strings, Nick Politis, won it. He had the prescience to know what was missing - a touch of class and discipline. He bought Cronk. Cronk brought out the dormant brilliance in Kerary and composed the whole team.

And Robbo has always been a brilliant coach. The Chooks have been a brick wall in defence like we haven't seen before.

TheDalek079

Bench
Cronk and Munster weren't the best halves pairing last year, and Keary's a step down for Cooper.
Slater might be old, but he's still more dangerous than Teddy and has the advantage that he's the best defensive coordinator in the game. As for Latrell; he's not worthy of liking Chambers' boots.

wrong! wrong! wrong!

Latest posts