What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Eels could sign ONE player for next year, who would u choose?

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
So basically if the Club wants to retain the likes of Green, Mateo etc. they will have to virtually guarantee a first grade spot AND give them a significant pay rise?

I think that these guys will definitely need to prove themselves in the top grade THIS year then.

or we let em go...take your pick.

Stagger eel

Staff member
wittyz chick said:
I personally would keep Green and Mateo!

I'd def keep Mateo wc..not sure about Blakey at this stage as we may need to make a choice between him and timmy, Blake def wants to progress in his career and not sit behind Timmy and Finchy...so we may struggle to keep both Blake and Tim.

should be interesting to see what choices the club makes.

Good call Peej...I think Simon Mannering is coming on quite nicely for the Warriors.

O'Donnell is the obvious choice.

Kite would definately strengthen our pack.

eel01s

Bench
Well, hopefully whomever performs the best in the top grade. That means Hagan has some very tough decisions ahead of him this year.

It also means that the guys in Premier League need to play out of their skins every week to demand selection in the top grade. Hopefully this internal competition for first grade spots means that the Eels will be a very hungry side this year - lets see if they can improve each week.

eel4life

Juniors
we need a decent prop, some size and ability for an ofload, Ryles would be nice on his day the guy is a monster.

If we can get Jason Cayless back to the team that would be nice.

I do not know why everyone is batting off over Ryles...he is a cat....injured, suspended, goes missing...you name it.

Waste of money.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
I do not know why everyone is batting off over Ryles...he is a cat....injured, suspended, goes missing...you name it.

Waste of money.

hey..he's quite a fetching lookin guy too..8-[

the_eel

Juniors
I personally think that we're just 1 very good front rower away from a very good side. My personal choice would be J. Cayless but i think thats highly unlikely. I'm not sure who my next choice would because i think that Ryles is injury prone, Kite's ok but i think not great value for money. Wicks perhaps, White is pretty good also.

The more i think about it the more i realise that there is a real shortage or quality props in the comp. Anyway for what its worth my top 5 wish list would be something like this.
1. Jason Cayless
2. Brett White
3. Luke O'Donnell
4. Simon Mannering
5. Danny Wicks.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
hey..he's quite a fetching lookin guy too..8-[

ffs eela, would you stop showing your allgiences to men - yesterday you wanted to marry Hindy. :lol:

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
ffs eela, would you stop showing your allgiences to men - yesterday you wanted to marry Hindy. :lol:

Suity

excuse me..never mentioned anything about marriage, i am prpared to date him though..:D

fish eel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:

Waste of money.

sounds like he'd fit in well.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eel01s said:
And Jay Cay is? But is he off contract?

What is interesting is that all serious suggestions have been forwards. I wouldn't have a problem with any of them, and certainly think Kite is another good choice.

Oh and Colonel, yes Hindy is the best second rower, but the Eels still need to add aggression to their pack. This is the aspect that the younger players need to learn.

I beleive his contract expires a the end of this ESL season

and yeah, its a no brainer that we need forwards, everyone seems to agree on that

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
I beleive his contract expires a the end of this ESL season

and yeah, its a no brainer that we need forwards, everyone seems to agree on that

actually twiz..I'm pretty certain he's extended that contract, last i heard he won't be coming back the NRL.

Bigfella

Coach
Can someone explain to me how we originally planned to buy Jamie Lyon this year, in addition to Tahu, but now we apparently need to chose between keeping younger players and signing one name player?

After 14-15 players of first grade or near first grade standard came off our books this season?

Suitman

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Can someone explain to me how we originally planned to buy Jamie Lyon this year, in addition to Tahu, but now we apparently need to chose between keeping younger players and signing one name player?

After 14-15 players of first grade or near first grade standard came off our books this season?

I'm sure Eela will have the answer.

Suity

Latest posts