What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Eels could sign ONE player for next year, who would u choose?

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Hey, give me Ben Kusto over Smith too. What is your objection to Ben Kusto? Is it his name?
Josh Lewis is a very talented player and I can see why Ricky Stuart would want to swap him for Brett Kimorley.
He would get a younger and better player and save himself a few Salary Cap dollars.
Don't underestimate Josh Lewis..he is a kid who CAN play.
Sure, Tim Smith gets picked in first grade but I know it - and deep in your heart you know it too - he is not up to it.

Showed me against the Tigers he is up to it and that was only half as well as he can play, in a game where the forward battle was pretty even he came away a big points winner over John Morris who you rate I believe. Kusto was one of the worst halves to play for the eels Tim has more vision in his big toe. Lewis may have potential but at the moment Chris Anderson thinks he is a reserve grader, not a good start to his year. Mick Lett and Lewis look like solid premier league players at this stage nothing more, sorry pete. It is ok to be wrong, at the moment Luke Burt is making me look silly and I could'nt be happier.

eelz47

Coach
as a few people have said, who is off contract?

i reckon hannat from brisbane

or how about the warriors 5/8 ? he would fit in well with eelas plans for the club ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Yep..I do rate John Morris..and you are right, I do rate Mick Lett and Josh Lewis highly.
I think Mick Lett will get an opportunity during the season and he will grasp it with both hands. Let's just wait and see how it pans out....
Tim Smith was better against the Tigers. It was, in my opinion, his best game since 2005.....and good games for him have been few and far between.

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
Yep..I do rate John Morris..and you are right, I do rate Mick Lett and Josh Lewis highly.
I think Mick Lett will get an opportunity during the season and he will grasp it with both hands. Let's just wait and see how it pans out....
Tim Smith was better against the Tigers. It was, in my opinion, his best game since 2005.....and good games for him have been few and far between.

Lett might get an opportunity but he will have to get past the guys in first grade now and then he would be third in line behind Reddy, Inu and Tautai.

caylo

Bench
Eelementary said:
Good - you can have him and we'll keep Timmy. :p

I'd agree, if it came to blake and smith, i would chose timmy because he has proved himself. If blake played well in first grade consistatly and timmy was not performing then i would pick blake... but if he hasn't seen any first grade, how can you pick him over someone who is in his 3rd year in first. Green i also struggles to be consistant. Carney pays 1 good game year, you will never see the kid again this year. Mullens, Lewis etc are all the same, come out with a little fair and they are the next best thing.

wittyz chick

Coach
According to Big League both Soward and Lewis both may want out at the Roosters because of Mitchell Pearce being promoted before them ... dunno about Soward but I'd take Lewis ... That being said I don't want to lost Blake or Timmy or Finchy for that matter ... I'm glad I'm not involved with the contracts :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
wittyz chick said:
According to Big League both Soward and Lewis both may want out at the Roosters because of Mitchell Pearce being promoted before them ... dunno about Soward but I'd take Lewis ... That being said I don't want to lost Blake or Timmy or Finchy for that matter ... I'm glad I'm not involved with the contracts :lol:

it will be interesting to see what happens..both Blake and Timmy are off contract also and the Wests Tigers are in desperate need of a 7 with Johnny Morris failing to step up.

btw, isn't Mitchell Pearce also off contract??

wittyz chick

Coach
eelavation said:
it will be interesting to see what happens..both Blake and Timmy are off contract also and the Wests Tigers are in desperate need of a 7 with Johnny Morris failing to step up.

btw, isn't Mitchell Pearce also off contract??

oh sh*t are they?? :( Eela do you happen to have a list of all the Parra players off-contract?

I have a feeling Mitchell Pearce may have also resigned with the Roosters ... not quite sure though

parra pete

Referee
Eelementary said:
Good - you can have him and we'll keep Timmy. :p

Please re phrase this to "I'll keep Timmy"...

"We'll" indicates it includes all of us...Let me tell you, it certainly DOESN'T include me.
So speak for YOURSELF... :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
wittyz chick said:
oh sh*t are they?? :( Eela do you happen to have a list of all the Parra players off-contract?

I have a feeling Mitchell Pearce may have also resigned with the Roosters ... not quite sure though

to the best of my knowledge.

Tim Smith
Daniel Wagon
Michael lett
Taulima Tautai
Etu Uasiele
Feleti Mateo
Blake Green
Richard Fa'aosso
Bendon Oake
Aaron Cannings
Junior Paulo
Justin Tsolous

Timana WaraTahu - Rugby
Ian Hindmarsh - Retired.

caylo

Bench
eelavation said:
to the best of my knowledge.

Tim Smith
Daniel Wagon
Michael lett
Taulima Tautai
Etu Uasiele
Feleti Mateo
Blake Green
Richard Fa'aosso
Bendon Oake
Aaron Cannings
Junior Paulo
Justin Tsolous

Timana WaraTahu - Rugby
Ian Hindmarsh - Retired.

In my opinnion (you don't have to agree), i would have the players in bold as highest priority. The underlined players i would like to sign, and keep on and would be next in line. I don't know much about Tautai, and have only seen Etu on limited occations, i would like to keep both but they wouldnt be a priority and wagon should be let go in my opinnion.

Michael Weyman. But he's not off contract, so Alan Tongue. But he's not off contract either, so.......whoever, haha.

Hellsy

Immortal
eel01s said:
The player you choose must be off contract. Who would you buy in order to strengthen the team, and why?

For mine: Luke O'Donnell.

Why? Eels are struggling in the forwards, and need a "hard man" who can play more than 60min a game. Would be a good mentor for younger forwards.

He'll do me