What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Hayne took a dive is it the worst one ever?

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
I'm not going to say whether he did or he didn't. But in the case that he actually did dive, well I would say he's taken it to a new level. Typically dives on high shots can be argued both ways. At least you can say well I stayed down because we deserved a penalty. Why should the other team get away with a high shot their in the wrong too. So rightly or wrongly you can make that justification for diving on a high shot. However Hayne may have out and out cheated. If he did dive then he's said I'm going to fake a really serious injury just to slow the game down. Therefore for mine its the worst dive we've seen. He will also probably become the games most hated player as a result now, whether he dived or not.

HDWicked

Juniors
I watched last nights Eels/Broncos game and i dead set thought Hayne was out....He went in wrong way and Thaiday aint a little guy. I think problem is Bennett has such an issue with things in the game....but when the coaches have a chance for a say and input at start of year at the annual meeting he always no-shows.

george

Juniors
What everyone fails to mention is that the Broncos benefited from the Hayne call.

Thaiday dropped the ball cold as he was about to play it, ref blows whistle to attend to Hayne and then on re-commencement forgets abouts the scrum for the dropped ball and gives the Broncos another tackle.

Chew on that one bennett​

Paullyboy

Coach
Ben Kennedy's effort in origin was the worst. It's bad enough people acting like skirts in club footy, but in origin there is no room for soft crap like that.

The thing that baffled me the most was I saw him nominated as one of the toughest man of league recently? Haha, I laughed myself to sleep over that one.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Ben Kennedy's effort in origin was the worst. It's bad enough people acting like skirts in club footy, but in origin there is no room for soft crap like that.

The thing that baffled me the most was I saw him nominated as one of the toughest man of league recently? Haha, I laughed myself to sleep over that one.

yeah i think everyone forgot about bk's great effort after getting slapped. if he was a boxer id be putting money on him getting knocked out in the first minute...

I have a feeling the 'toughest' tag BK got refers to him playing with injury. i remember around the time he dived Tallis took a shot at him and said BK would never run at him whislt they were playing against each other

Mr Saab

Referee
Shockers?

2004 Shane Walker playing for souths vs the chooks. He was hit, went down like he was dead and then played on some 1 minute later fresh as a daisy

2004 or 5 Lincoln Withers playing for Canberra vs the sharks. He was hit by Danny Nutley, nothing bad at all. He stayed down. Nutley gave him a massive spray for doing so and he miraculously got up

2005 Ben Kennedy playing origin. Dissapointed in his effort there

2007 Origin. J Hayne gets slapped by Lillyman and hits the deck like he was dead.

All time Winner....Paul Gallen vs the Dragons 2007. Pathetic low effort for such a "hard man"

Serc

First Grade
He sure is - ask any Knights or Manly supporter and they'll tell you how tough BK is.

badav

Bench
george said:
What everyone fails to mention is that the Broncos benefited from the Hayne call.​

Thaiday dropped the ball cold as he was about to play it, ref blows whistle to attend to Hayne and then on re-commencement forgets abouts the scrum for the dropped ball and gives the Broncos another tackle.​

Chew on that one bennett​
I think you'll find that if the Hayne 'incident' hadnt happened. The thaiday play the ball would have been 50/50 at worst.

Brett Finch was all over the play the ball and ruck. The decision would have either been a scrum or penalty to Brisbane depending on what the ref feels like at the time. And in that situation its not uncommon for ref's to bin players, for hanging around in the ruck for too long.

matt utai that short little fat merkin in 2005 was the worst ever. that piece of sh*t knew moz would be sent on his reputation. f**k i hate divers. shane walker one was riduclous too but hes a sh*t kicking nuffy so f**k him

Bazal

Post Whore
badav said:
I think you'll find that if the Hayne 'incident' hadnt happened. The thaiday play the ball would have been 50/50 at worst.

Brett Finch was all over the play the ball and ruck. The decision would have either been a scrum or penalty to Brisbane depending on what the ref feels like at the time. And in that situation its not uncommon for ref's to bin players, for hanging around in the ruck for too long.

Like Ennis was binned after we made the break? ;-) Would have been a knock on.

As for the thread maker....you are a complete moron. A player has to dove to be nominated for worst dive in history, tell me how you'd react after getting flattened by Sammy Thaiday :lol:

ak47

Juniors
remember the ricky stuart dive way back in the day.

well it wasnt a dive but Matty Ridge thought it was.

ricky laid down and out, in ultimate anguish with seconds remaining in a close match.

Matty Ridge blowing up, as the seconds tick down to the buzzer - picks up Stuart off the deck and pleads to play the ball already
Then Ridge realises Ricky's leg is bent 45 degree's........and puts him back down like a new born baby.

suck on that Ridgy.......i hated him.

scuzzi

Juniors
Anyone who dives should be sinbined/sent off and suspended. The more Rugby League is the opposite of soccer the better. Hayne should be made an example out of and suspended!

Bazal

Post Whore
scuzzi said:
Anyone who dives should be sinbined/sent off and suspended. The more Rugby League is the opposite of soccer the better. Hayne should be made an example out of and suspended!

You are an idiot....I;d love to see you cop that hit the way Hayne did and get up :lol: BTW, I assume you feel the same about Ennis, who was actually looked at by the MRC :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bazal said:
Like Ennis was binned after we made the break? ;-) Would have been a knock on.

As for the thread maker....you are a complete moron. A player has to dove to be nominated for worst dive in history, tell me how you'd react after getting flattened by Sammy Thaiday :lol:

I love it how you can add weight to the hit by claiming he was flattened by Thaiday, but make no mention about how he springs to his feet once the defence has reset and plays on. I laughed at how you defended him after his Origin slap, and I laugh now.

Bazal

Post Whore
Frank_Grimes said:
I love it how you can add weight to the hit by claiming he was flattened by Thaiday, but make no mention about how he springs to his feet once the defence has reset and plays on. I laughed at how you defended him after his Origin slap, and I laugh now.

Laugh all you want, but the fact remains; not a single idiot claiming he took a dive has been able to explain why he was one of our best before the hit, and then after the hit instantly deteriorated to the point that he was shuffled out to the wing...As for "springing to his feet"...was that before or after he was hunched over in pain on the ground with the trainer?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bazal said:
Laugh all you want
I cant, my sides hurt too much.
Bazal said:
, but the fact remains; not a single idiot claiming he took a dive has been able to explain why he was one of our best before the hit, and then after the hit instantly deteriorated to the point that he was shuffled out to the wing...As for "springing to his feet"...was that before or after he was hunched over in pain on the ground with the trainer?

I don't believe hit took a dive when Thaiday ran at him. I do believe however, that his theatrical side kicked in after the bells stopped ringing. It's funny how someone who is knocked motionless is not moved to the bench, or up the tunnel rather than just to the wing. Your dellusion knows no bounds.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Frank_Grimes said:
I cant, my sides hurt too much.

I don't believe hit took a dive when Thaiday ran at him. I do believe however, that his theatrical side kicked in after the bells stopped ringing. It's funny how someone who is knocked motionless is not moved to the bench, or up the tunnel rather than just to the wing. Your dellusion knows no bounds.

You know what everyone book mark this thread and when ever some one goes down injured and is up running around ok we'll post it in here i can bet there will be 5 next weekend...

CrazyEel

Bench
f**k, can't believe the Bronco sooks are still carrying on :crazy:
Game's over fellas, you lost, learn to live with it ffs.