What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Karmichael Hunt...........

Leagueguy

Juniors
I like that someone can dislike Hunt so much for playing for Qld and not New Zealand, but be a kiwi and a passionate qld fan at the same time.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
If you hate hunt so much for playing for qld/aus, I hope you hate all the 'kiwis' who were born in australia and play for KIWI test team..... you probably dont though do you cos it suits your hypocrisy?

ozbash

Referee
I hope you hate all the 'kiwis' who were born in australia and play for KIWI test team..... R Soul

i dont. they have never tried to play their heritage off against another outsider country.
same for the likes of guys like thorn,caroll. they never turned their back on their country..

actually, cutie is well suited to aussie, he is starting to slot straight in. :roll:

bring on frank pritchard,, he must have an aussie aunty or something..

Hunt played alright last night,but so could of any half decent fullback .. He was behind a forward pack going forward ,& he was only pressured once fielding a bomb. He never had to shut down a line break as the nsw halves were too inept to mount any attack ,& the forwards had the dropsies.
He made no line breaks ,didnt set up any tries, yet suddenly he is the answer to all qlds problems
As was said before . see how he performs against a NSW team that is firing.
I would also point out that the 1st kick downfield ,hunt let bounce & then passed to his winger ...why no complaints .. cause when bowen does that it's wrong...

ozbash

Referee
He made no line breaks ,didnt set up any tries, yet suddenly he is the answer to all qlds problems

well summed up dazza

brendothejet

First Grade
I Dont Particularly Like Hunt But I Think He Played Very Well Last Night.

He Doesnt Mind Getting Smashed.

But Schif Is A Better Fullback

salivor

First Grade
ozbash said:
same for the likes of guys like thorn,caroll. they never turned their back on their country..

Your stupidity has no limit. If your aim is to be a comical sideshow (and by comical, we're laughing at you not with you) on these forums then your succeeding with comments like that. Tell me what are Thorn and Carroll's countries? They seem to have no idea, it seems to depend on what side of the bed they woke up on, so I'm baffled as to how you've worked out which nationality they are.

Mr Saab said:
Go and "play" with a sheep...you have nothing with those idiotic comments.
Bowen :roll: Yeah he did plenty in game one didnt he. By the time he caught the ball on the 3rd bounce, turned around, shat himself at the line of defence coming at him he was smashed on the 15-20m line.
Hunt caught the ball and 9/10 time ran the ball back without fear and put QLD in good field position.
You have nothing.

ran back without fear he passed it to the winger at least 4 times every 10 times. he was even worse against the warriors, here boyd go and run over to the other side of the field motu tony like.

Leagueguy said:
I think you'll find theres reasons for a fullback passing to the winger that aren't related to fear.

Well howcome when Bowen does it it's wrong but its ok for hunt to do it?I am sure i read somewhere that the reason Bowen does it is so that if the chase was not good & the defensive line is not set he can take off from dummy half ..

Some poor misguided fools mistake kicks downfield, for bombs . Hunt let a few downtoWners bounce just the same as bowen did ,& it is more because of good placement by the kicker than not wanting to take it....
I will repeat once again for the poor i can only see cutie fans... only one bomb went up in game 1 & Bowen took it easily , yet the cutie lovers continue to say he let bombs bounce ...wrong

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dazza, just admit we were right in saying Hunt>Bowen! He killed him in each department!

Mr Saab

Referee
Locky, i was happy with how Hunt went, but he didnt "kill" it.

He was extremely solid, but he wasnt overly tested as NSW made sweet F All line breaks and their kicks were on avg poor....he was tested 2-3 times with bombs and attacked them each time. His kick returns were faultless and he charged into the line time and time again and didnt dilly dally at the back like Bowen does so often.
What i will say that he does have allllllllllllllllllll over Hunt is communication skills at the back. He is a massive talker at the back in terms of telling the defensive line where to be etc...I dont see that from Bowen.

ozbash

Referee
he was tested 2-3 times with bombs and attacked them each time.

you are dreaming, he let the first one bounce and hoped like hell someone would catch it after that.. watch the game again saab, your fullback has a severe lack of spine.

He was extremely solid
solid my arse, you said yourself he wasnt tested with "on avg, poor kicks" and "sfa line breaks" .

what the f**k did he do,, recite poetry to himself ?

Mr Saab

Referee
Ozbash i would rather go down on Pauline Hanson than debate with a f**kstick like you who is as blind as Stevie Wonder

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate merkin. I always have and I hated him being selected firstly for Australia, then for Queensland

But he ended up doing everything perfectly on Wednesday night. He ran the ball back straight and hard and couldnt be faulted in what he did.

lockyno1 said:
Dazza, just admit we were right in saying Hunt>Bowen! He killed him in each department!

any fullback in the comp would have looked good behind a pack like that on wed night
lets see how he goes against a NSW team that is on fire... i bet the excuses come out ..

please list each department he killed Bowen in ......

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
any fullback in the comp would have looked good behind a pack like that on wed night
lets see how he goes against a NSW team that is on fire... i bet the excuses come out ..

please list each department he killed Bowen in ......

Communication
Reving the team up
Not being out of position
Running the ball back hard

want me to go on?

lockyno1 said:
Communication
Reving the team up
Not being out of position
Running the ball back hard

want me to go on?

yes........ about the only thing i can agree with was running the ball back hard......... just like he did in the test & where did he end up ....... maybe bowen is a bit smarter & takes the ist play the ball , if the defence isn't set he can make plenty of metres

as for not being out of position he probably let as many balls bounce as Bowen did in the 1st game so.......if bowen was out of position so was hunt

Latest posts