What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Lockyer is ruled out...

LESStar58

Referee
Given Locky's reuccerance of his rib injury if he should be sidelined next week would that mean Scott Hill will make his long overdue return to the Australian Test side...?

We all know that Hill was shafted by Origin selectors this year. I fear that if Australian selectors overlook Hill for somebody like Timmins at five-eighth it will be the end of Scott's rep career which is sad coz he still has a lot of good footy left in him. If Lockyer is out then Hill deserves a chance at the Oz #6!

A couple of people have said that Gower had a below par performance this morning. If Locky is ruled out and Hill takes his place then Bennett should opt for the Hill/Kimmorley halves combination. We saw what happened with that combo in City/Country this year...put Hilly and Noddy together and they WILL fire.

Other changes I would make would be Hindmarsh out (or dropped to the bench) and Ryles out for O'Meley. I doubted Berrigan as well after Game 1 but think he really earned his place. Also on the injury front...will there be some doubt on Carroll because of his concussion?

My team for Australia vs Great Britain if Lockyer/Carroll are injured would be...

1. Anthony Minichello
2. Luke Rooney
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Sing
6. Scott Hill
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus (C)
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Willie Mason
12. Craig Fitzgibbon (gk)
13. Shaun Timmins

14. Craig Gower
15. Pedero Civoneceiva
16. Nathan Hindmarsh
17. Craig Wing

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Carroll should be right to play, although with the wealth of backrow talent available there's always a chance Wayne will rest him regardless.

As for the halves combination if Locky is out - there is no way I would drop Gower. He earned the halfback spot and looks to be hitting some good form (at least if the 2nd half is anything to go by). If Lockyer can't go, we should run with Gower/Hill in the halves.

strong_latte

Juniors
Bring Freddy out of retirement for another couple rep matches before the year is out! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Seriously, I'd love to have another chance to see the man in action before all rugby league for the year ceases.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Timmins to 5/8 definately

Gower dropped the ball too much and does not like those conditions, but set up two tries with grubbers, so maybe he redeemed himself there.

Special K

Coach
Gower to 6, Kimmorley to 7. The same combo from last year. I wouldn't drop Gower if Lockyer can't play even though the Hill/Kimmorley combo is a proven one, but I'd go for Kimmorley in at half and Gower to 6 with Gower told to be in charge of the backs and Noddy leading the forwards around.

and if Lockyer is playing then drop gower and bring in kimmorley...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Gower to 6, Kimmorley to 7. The same combo from last year. I wouldn't drop Gower if Lockyer can't play even though the Hill/Kimmorley combo is a proven one, but I'd go for Kimmorley in at half and Gower to 6 with Gower told to be in charge of the backs and Noddy leading the forwards around.

I would say that would seem the most logical! However his depends whether Fitzgibbon is able to play, becuase he came off twice last night! If so Kimmorley has to be there and Gower didn't do a lot wrong! Scott Hill may be a better 5/8 but I'm not so sure he will be that good in English conditions where its raining ALL the time! It will be interesting!

Timmins to 5/8 definately

You are kidding right! Do you want the centres and wingers to get the ball! Geez they will be catching a cold out there if Timmins is 5/8! :roll:

incredible_holc

Juniors
Gower was australias worst player, he was absolutely shocking!
and he wasnt much cop in new zealand either, it should be a hill/kimmorley combination

Roc-A-Fella

Juniors
1.Minichello
2.Rooney
3.Berrigan
4.Tonga
5.Sing
6.Gower
7.Kimmorley
8.Webcke
9.Buderus
10.O meley
11.Hindmarsh
12.Ftizgibbon
13.Hill

14.Wing
15.Mason
16.Civoniceva
17.Ryan

Azkatro

First Grade
I would rather see Timmins (shudder) in the #6 than Scott Hill. Hill and Gower are too error-prone for this level of football. Bring Kimmorley back I say.

Johns Magic

Referee
Big Mick, I believe Kimmorley should get a shot in front of Gower.

Who do you think will be captain if Lockyer is out?

Buderus?

Knowing WB, it will be Webcke.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
If Locky doesn't play, Buderus will be captain.

Webcke's record as captain is shocking (at all levels of footy).

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1.Minichello
2.Rooney
3.Berrigan
4.Tonga
5.Sing
6.Gower
7.Kimmorley
8.Webcke
9.Buderus
10.Ryles
11.Mason
12.Ftizgibbon
13.Hindmarsh

14.Wing
15.Cinoniceva
16.O'Meley
17.Kennedy

Krison

Juniors
Buderus is vice-captain of the squad so he will be captain next week if Lockyer is out injured.

I would also put Gower at 6 and Kimmorley to 7. Either way I think Kimmorley needs to be in the 17 now.

Billybob

Juniors
is wing really that good anymore
he doesnt seem to have that strike weapon look about him anymore
he just goes out there and goes thru the motions

actually takes something away from australia by having buderus on the bench while he is on
maybe they should put another front/second rower (omelee maybe ) on the bench

or they could give bowen a run
he would have been great for them in the wet conditions after the game turned into a dummy half battle

girvie

Staff member
I think that if theyve picked Scott Hill in the squad they have to play him. If they dont intend to play him then they should have left him at home. He has played 5/8th all year for his club and deserves the spot over someone like Gower or Timmins who would be out of position.

bartman

Immortal
I don't know if Hill's return is "long overdue". But if he is the 2nd choice five-eighth in the squad then he should play. But don't expect wholesale changes to the 17 except for injuries... Ryan back in for Carroll (Kennedy's had his turn), and O'Meley's knocking on the door surely?

Anthony Minichiello
Luke Rooney
Willie Tonga
Shaun Berrigan
Matt Sing
Scott Hill
Craig Gower
Shaun Timmins
Craig Fitzgibbon
Nathan Hindmarsh
Jason Ryles
Danny Buderus (c)