What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Moltzen is picked again this week...

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
It looks like Dugan's contract will be terminated today. Thoughts on picking him up? Yes he comes with baggage but he will come cheap and we all know Moltzen is not the answer and maybe Todesco isnt just quite ready.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It looks like Dugan's contract will be terminated today. Thoughts on picking him up? Yes he comes with baggage but he will come cheap and we all know Moltzen is not the answer and maybe Todesco isnt just quite ready.

Dugan is always injured. Seriously I can't remember him playing more than 3 games in a row (could be mistaken). If he was fit all year then he would be such a good replacement for Moltzen. We wouldn't even need to sack Moltzen, we could keep him as a bench utility and f**k Reddy off.

macnaz

Staff member
Because a fullback kicking just stays on halfway in his natural position after kicking the ball. Well thats the theory.

Fordy20

Juniors
Dugan is always injured. Seriously I can't remember him playing more than 3 games in a row (could be mistaken). If he was fit all year then he would be such a good replacement for Moltzen. We wouldn't even need to sack Moltzen, we could keep him as a bench utility and f**k Reddy off.

Why would you keep Moltzen as a utility though? He adds no value to our squad and visibly harms it. At least Utai provides some hard running, but both need to punted immediately.

gronkathon

First Grade
I am off to the fruit store to pick up some really ripe fruit that should be rotten come Sunday to pelt at that metal skulled motherf**ker

Magpie Tragic

Juniors

If Dugan is sacked watch how fast the Chooks move to sign him up

The Rosco

Bench
Because a fullback kicking just stays on halfway in his natural position after kicking the ball. Well thats the theory.

Mac, your explanation makes sense when you are talking about a fullback.
BUT . . . I believe we were talking about Moltzen.
I'd have thought that you, of all people, wouldn't confuse the 2. :D

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I'm not willing to knock Moltzen's effort. He just isn't big enough and will get smashed with and without the ball until he adds size to his frame.

I felt for the bloke when he got carried back on his first touch.
No excuse for the basic skill errors mind you e.g kick offs out on the full

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think Moltzen is that small. I would expect him to be a fair bit bigger than Slater for instance. He has speed, he has a passing game, he has good or at least decent footwork but he doesn't run it back with any venom. I don't want to see him at 1 again. He is a 6 or nothing in first grade at this point.

Ghipo

Juniors
You have yo ask why was he even selected?Potter as a former fullback should of known better!

Tedesco looks close to 100% now after 3 trials and 1 NSW cup game. I am at a loss as to the reason Potter prefers Moltzen as are most fans.

I heard it's because Tedesco doesn't talk enough.

Apparently all Tedesco does is play football, back up the middle, catch bombs and set up tries.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm not willing to knock Moltzen's effort. He just isn't big enough and will get smashed with and without the ball until he adds size to his frame.

I felt for the bloke when he got carried back on his first touch.
No excuse for the basic skill errors mind you e.g kick offs out on the full

Sorry but it's nothing to do with his size. He doesn't want the ball unless we are cruising. When we are in an arm wrestle he hides like a bitch and palms every kick return off to unsuspecting wingers, refusing to be tackled. Then as soon as we get two sets on their line in the 79th minute he goes looking for the ball so he can score a useless try despite the game being over at halftime. He is a piss poor excuse for a footballer. A downhill skier and part of the reason is team has the mental strength of a five year old.

For me Moltzen is not a good enough returner of kicks or takers of bombs to be a first grade full back in the NRL in 2013. I looked at all the other sides and I think every other full back picked is a far better player than Moltzen is in that position. Surely Potter will be wise enough to have Moltzen shaking hands with the NSW cup coach for the rest of the year.

nyx

Juniors
The Tigers website has put up a 'Members Only' article about Tim Moltzen.

:lol: :lol:

Good timing.

Fordy20

Juniors
Memo to Tedesco: This is the kind of talk Potter is referring to when he's looking for more talk from you. Get your face in the media more and issue quotes to whatever journo you can.