What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If not Madge, then who?

macnaz

Staff member
How many coaches

How many coaches are they gonna try? Coaching isn’t the problem, I’m tipping it’s the shit culture, too many white ants running around chewing at the foundations, there’s a couple of old guard that need to be run out of town, like f’d right off before this club will go forward.
Who are the white ants they we need to get rid of ?

Das Hassler

Bench
I was bummed at first as Madge was all in with the club but I'm fine with it now...I was happy with Sheens presser and interview with Kent...he didn't take any shit and laid it out in plain english...no frills....oh well... away we go.

Das Hassler

Bench
Who are the white ants they we need to get rid of ?

Whoever they are it should be made crystal clear that leaking anything confidential to the journos is one strike and you're out... starting now ! Known / universally suspected malicious / faction playing leakers absolutely need to be shown the door however it's done....whatever role at the club...no exceptions!!

the beavers

Juniors
I accept results under maguire have not been good enough… perhaps I could live with his sacking if they had a proven coach ready and could “ guarentee” success
Instead they have sacked the restructuring and development coach in order find another development coach and perhaps we wouldn’t mind waiting another 3 years while they sort it out
Ffs only the tigers….

Das Hassler

Bench

If people want answers to why we are always pathetic just read the credentials of these losers running the club.. 1 out of 8 has a background in rugby league.

Mac...I totally take your point but what (genuine question) have they really done so wrong that affects onfield performance in recent times? Apart from the obvious under utilization of the Campbelltown area I don't know that you can pin too much on them as far as win / loss is concerned...we gave a hardarsed dual premiership winner over 3 seasons...have modern facilities about ready to go ...financially (as far as I'm aware) we're okay and the cap is in good shape with a couple of top shelf signings on the way. Really...would having Elias...blocker.. sirro ..Les Boyd or any of the old guard on the board be any better?
To add...not sticking up for the board whatsoever and I'd be more than happy if they had a 3 or 4 year maximum term at a time.

Last edited:
It Looked bad that Maguire was coaching the side in the morning and i assume was called into a meeting and told he was no longer the coach after training finished.

Last edited:
First of all I would like to wish Madge all the best for the future. No doubt in my mind he displayed loyalty to the team and players and tried to his upmost ability to get the club on the rise.
I heard Sheens talking on TV about the game being professional and result driven. I think someone needs to remind the players of this fact.
I have always been of the opinion West Tigers are and should be a development club and not a recruitment club similar to Penrith. We have the nursery in the Macarthur area but we lack some parts of the jigsaw to get to the position Penrith are in.
Too much Balmain being based at Concord and the West side is too Lidcombe to Ashfield centric having moved the NSW and Ron Massey cup sides and games to Lidcombe Oval.

Basically ignore Macathur/Group 6 which is why Souths/Manly/Bulldogs are investing in the area.

Sheens should be able to see that is the case but does he have the backing of the board to make the changes.

The bloke in the hat doesn't seem to be the right fit as your chair though

General Stripes

Juniors
Too much Balmain being based at Concord and the West side is too Lidcombe to Ashfield centric having moved the NSW and Ron Massey cup sides and games to Lidcombe Oval.

Basically ignore Macathur/Group 6 which is why Souths/Manly/Bulldogs are investing in the area.

Sheens should be able to see that is the case but does he have to backing of the board to make the changes.

The bloke in the hat doesn't seem to be the right fit as your chair though
To be fair it’s Ashfield putting in the coin.
The club seems to be aiming to have a main base of the inner west. Magpies original home and a hop skip jump from Balmain territory.

The “too much Balmain” has been a rubbish line from day dot.

To be fair it’s Ashfield putting in the coin.
The club seems to be aiming to have a main base of the inner west. Magpies original home and a hop skip jump from Balmain territory.

The “too much Balmain” has been a rubbish line from day dot.
Not really as Balmain was awarded the original licence and after all the team is often called just the Tigers and of course based at Concord- All you used to see related to Wests was a tiny Magpie on the Sleeve of the Jumper.

As you allude to Wests Ashfield see Wests Tigers as a inner west/inner city club and not a Macathur/Group 6 club.

If it continues down that path you will end up losing the Macathur/Group 6 areas completely as plenty of clubs are circling and investing out that way - Vermin Souths run a lot of clinics out that way for instance.

1654604573581.png1654604590029.png1654604604497.png

General Stripes

Juniors
Not really as Balmain was awarded the original licence and after all the team is often called just the Tigers and of course based at Concord- All you used to see related to Wests was a tiny Magpie on the Sleeve of the Jumper.

As you allude to Wests Ashfield see Wests Tigers as a inner west/inner city club and not a Macathur/Group 6 club.

If it continues down that path you will end up losing the Macathur/Group 6 areas completely as plenty of clubs are circling and investing out that way - Vermin Souths run a lot of clinics out that way for instance.

View attachment 62517View attachment 62518View attachment 62519
Awarded only after the agreement to merge(club was also told they wouldn’t make the 14).

Most clubs are called by their nickname, been that way for forever.
The name of the club is Wests, can call them either and I wouldn’t care.
As for the tiny magpie? Don’t see any mention of the name of Balmain written anywhere sooo another tick the Pies.

Maybe they will lose Campbelltown junior base, maybe not, but it’s the inner west putting in the coin. Wasn’t alluding, said it outright.
Besides, Roosters have zero junior competitions and seem to do ok. Think we will be fine. If we can get a board knowing what they are doing.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Well the NRL360 merkins finally get their man with their crusade witch hunt of the last 8 months finally nabbing their man. I wonder who they hunt next? Nobody speaking about O'Brien, Holbrook or Sticky when the Raiders were in a rough patch.

It cannot always be the coach. There is a fundamental problem with the club and nobody has the solution yet. It started when Sheens got punted. Potter was driven out, Taylor never got the chance he deserved, Ivan saw the garbage and noped out to Penrith (the big 4 on the bus, wow what a fail), and Madge was always playing catch-up to make any headway.

Ideally this joint needs a Bellamy or Bennett to come in and clean it top to bottom, including Pascoe (overseen 4 sacked coaches and regressing on-field). Someone who has full support and won't let the players cry about being trained too hard or being called out for their lack of performances.

I don't really care who is coach because we're in the same boat today as we've been the last 12 years. Rebuild, rebuild, rebuild.

I tell you this though - they give the clipboard to that Flanagan bloke and I'll drive in to Concord and return 22 years of merchandise and my membership. I can't stand the guy, nor ever forgive his actions.

WA Tiger

Bench
Congrats and good luck Brett Kimmorley. A nice break for a nice bloke who’s had his fair share of bad luck. He’s done a bit in league and he’d know a bit as well. …A great communicator was the feedback he got after joining WT. A good start

Tigers1986

Juniors
Who takes over the women's team? Cos Noddy took over from the former Helensburgh coach (who was the recruiter for Sergis & Apps)

Congrats and good luck Brett Kimmorley. A nice break for a nice bloke who’s had his fair share of bad luck. He’s done a bit in league and he’d know a bit as well. …A great communicator was the feedback he got after joining WT. A good start

I said this to a Sharks fan mate when they appointed Fitzgibbon but I think it applies to Noddy too - there’s some former players you’d back in sight unseen as a coach, and Noddy is probably one of them (like Fitzgibbon was).

If the club has decided that Madge is not the man to take us forward, then I have no issue with this. If it all goes well under Kimmorley then I guess we can give him half a season to work closely with the squad before the cavalry comes in next season. If it all goes well then we’ve found our new coach and if it goes poorly then his interim spell will be just that.

Latest posts