What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Parra wanna beat Storm....

LESStar58

Referee
I'm not confident.... I've been pessimistic about our ability to go on with the job and win the whole thing again this year. The one thing that gives me confidence is our scramble in defense against the Broncos. They had that opportunity to score after Michaels made a break and even though we were up by a massive score at that stage Slater bndled Michaels into touch and seemed determined to hold the Ponies scoreless. Same with the final game against the Titans.

we are giving away a massive advantage by playing at the Dome. We can't even train there according to what bellamy was saying during his interview on Offsiders this morning!

I wouldn't be suprised if Parramatta do beat us. If they get the ball out to the three-quarters we'll get carved up. Izzy can hopefully have a repeat performance and shut Tinkerbell down. Stevie Turner has been playing well in defense too..... knows when and when not to come off his wing and defend.

LESStar58

Referee
Tim Smith is also an obvious threat. Forget targeting him. It didn't work for the Dogs forwards and it sure as hell won't work for the Storm forwards.

Penance said:
...They need to Morph........

Into ELECTRIC EELS.... And become immune to Thundaaa

:sarcasm:
Pretty sure they'd be better off being immune to lightning than the noise it makes, but whatever, you're the crackhead...

EELICIT

Juniors
Sorry but what is everyone going on about? Does anyone remember the last game we played against the storm ? We only lost by 4 points and probably would have won if grothe would have held onto that ball over the line ! I dont understand the mentality of some people !

IMO this game will be close...Both backlines are potent and Folau and Tahu will be targeting each other.

I think the Storm forward pack is slightly better than the Eels pack and the bench will be strong for Storm.

pantherz9103

First Grade
EELICIT said:
Sorry but what is everyone going on about? Does anyone remember the last game we played against the storm ? We only lost by 4 points and probably would have won if grothe would have held onto that ball over the line ! I dont understand the mentality of some people !

Yes that's true but the Storm were in their 'slump' at the time. Lately they have been destroying teams. In saying that Parramatta should be alot more competitive than the Broncos or Gold Coast were but they'll need to be at something like their best to cause an upset.

LESStar58

Referee
Lately they have been destroying teams.

Yeah, Titans and Broncos. Not exactly a good test even though the Broncos had a top notch pack of forwards and the Titans backline was loaded with talent.

Eelectrica

Referee
LESStar58 said:
Yeah, Titans and Broncos. Not exactly a good test even though the Broncos had a top notch pack of forwards and the Titans backline was loaded with talent.
This game will answer the question as to whether it's better to have a tough run in as Parra have or fairly soft run as Melbourne have had.

Parra has picked up a few injuries along the way so right now if given the choice I'd prefer Melbourne's run.

The scary thing about the Storm is the way they destroyed Brisbane. Didn't take any unnecessary risks and yet still manage to put 40 on with ease.

eels_fan_01

Bench
The fact Storm smashed the last two sides they played and then had a week off so that means they havent played a tough match in 3 weeks. We can win this.

eels_fan_01 said:
The fact Storm smashed the last two sides they played and then had a week off so that means they havent played a tough match in 3 weeks. We can win this.

Good call...Having a week off can lead to a lack of intensity when it comes game time.

I hope this does not happen but the Storm cannot afford to be off their game for the first 20 mins..they need to get into it from the start and bustle Eels out of the game.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dogs Of War said:
About the same as Newcastle went this season.
Enjoying the off-season hey :lol:

What a shame that is. Couldn't have happened to a better team. :cool:

Raider_69

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:

They'll go into the GF having not played a tough match in 4 weeks!
But thats more a reflection of their talents and abilities then the oppositions

Latest posts