What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

mongoose

Coach
its a dumb thread but I have heard this reasoning used many times for not wanting to expand to Perth - "we tried Perth once before and they failed" as if the shambolic war and then peace deal of Super League never happened.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hold on the cowboys had to do this too, yet they are still around and thriving
They got bailed out by news ltd who took over running them, and it took many years before they were thriving. Without news ltd bail out they likely would have gone bust

Perth Red

Post Whore
its a dumb thread but I have heard this reasoning used many times for not wanting to expand to Perth - "we tried Perth once before and they failed" as if the shambolic war and then peace deal of Super League never happened.
I feel dumber for even contributing to this poor troll attempt thread lol

however…..

here’s some positives for reintroduction of perth that weren’t around in 1995-1997.

1. much better stadium, waca sucked
2. city is over double the population with a large number of that increase from RL area migration
3. $18million a year club grants
4. Elite jnr development system now in place
5. state govt backing
6. major corporate growth in the city
7. Cheaper airfares

MugaB

Coach

however…..

here’s some positives for reintroduction of perth that weren’t around in 1995-1997.

2. city is over double the population with a large number of that increase from RL area migration
5. state govt backing
7. Cheaper airfares
Bring back the reds

Perth Red

Post Whore
What’s the feeling on the ground in Perth surrounding the name “pirates“?
Generally liked, there’s some that don’t and want the reds back. A poll on perth supporters Facebook page has pirates strong favourite, reds distant second bears then quokkas with very little support . Plenty don’t really care just want a team!

theres still plenty of reds merch on display at any nrl event in perth.

MugaB

Coach
Generally liked, there’s some that don’t and want the reds back. A poll on perth supporters Facebook page has pirates strong favourite, reds distant second bears then quokkas with very little support . Plenty don’t really care just want a team!

I really want to get that red, reds away jersey from 95

Perth Red

Post Whore
I really want to get that red, reds away jersey from 95
Good luck! Not seen many around. I was at a bundy cup reds game and the WARL had been having a clean up and found a big box of Reds players SL kits in a cupboard And where flogging them off at the game for $20 each. Bought one but should have bought the box given what they sell for now!

Gobsmacked

Bench
Newtown, South Sydney and North Sydney were inner city clubs. All three were gone by 2000.

Does that mean we should cull the Roosters?

I think the Roosters should be handed the districts that belonged to Bears, Jets and Rabbitohs. Let the South Sydney Rabbitohs acquire the territory of the Dragons, Sharks and Steelers.

Adelaide Sharks and West Coast Dragons would be great teams. Less congestion and two big clubs representing an important part of Sydney.
We could call it the " 52 pick up cup "
👌

MugaB

Coach
Good luck! Not seen many around. I was at a bundy cup reds game and the WARL had been having a clean up and found a big box of Reds players SL kits in a cupboard And where flogging them off at the game for $20 each. Bought one but should have bought the box given what they sell for now!
Well not only would that have been greedy of you, but that would have also not kept the reds relevant to the many different people that bought stuff from that box (depending on how many items were there)

mongoose

Coach
Manly and south’s kicked out

then came back and are amongst the strongest clubs now

wow whoever was killing off clubs side was an idiot );
i know, I'm only joking about Souths... are Manly really one of the strongest clubs? they do seem to stumble upon some success once a decade - has been 12 years since their last premiership though. That is a long drought for Manly.

Wb1234

Referee
i know, I'm only joking about Souths... are Manly really one of the strongest clubs? they do seem to stumble upon some success once a decade - has been 12 years since their last premiership though. That is a long drought for Manly.
Cmon winning comps is hard

am how longs it been for the dogs and parra or warriors or the raiders lol

Pippen94

First Grade

Yeah, I made all this up. Perth team folding never happened.
Superleague killed reds but cowboys & warriors survived.

Pippen94

First Grade

however…..

5. state govt backing
7. Cheaper airfares

When did Perth force get dumped from super rugby?! 2019?!
What was population then?!
That sport has had huge migration from rugby nations & has three times the real number (registered) of players.
What stadium with mismatched 90's grandstands did that club play out of?!
Force had daddy of all corporate sponsor in twiggy.
Guess 3 times a charm

Pippen94

First Grade

Facebooks polls are fantastic