What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Saints towel up Melb...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
And Soward is not at 5/8 and Kyle has a blinder would you stick with Kyle at 5/8 for the rest of the season?

I would. Cause it shows how much he wants it more than Soward and no bigger test than against the Storm.

Kyle has proved every time he has played at 5/8 how good he is and now is the time to let him keep that jersey if he proves himself.

Minh

First Grade
Soward is injured give him the time to recover he was a matchwinner for us last year, experience is everything. He is not playing well at present but even the great ones like Lockyer have had form slumps in their career, leaving out a fully fit Soward is not the answer, and yes Kyle Stanley is a great talent.

counterpuncher

Juniors
I would be happy with the ugliest 10-8 grindathon you ever saw, with a controversial winning try and embarrassingly lopsided penalty count to get the Saints a win at this moment in time.

....let alone a towelling! :)

Minh

First Grade
I would be happy with the ugliest 10-8 grindathon you ever saw, with a controversial winning try and embarrassingly lopsided penalty count to get the Saints a win at this moment in time.

....let alone a towelling! :)

:lol:

But I'm confident we can win just my two cents.:cool:

2010Dragons

Bench
In you F%^K dreams.....I'll tell you right now ...this is another game they will lose and then fire up in round 25 or 26.
If the storm don't win be 20+ I'll be amazed!!!

Red V Ultras

Juniors
The current form were in i dont think Saints are going to do anything to Melb, we should hope they go easy on us. We also can't judge Stanley on one game either, his favourite postion is 5/8 and deserves a crack based on sowards form of late, he needs to recover from this injury and come back firing and fully fit.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Guys, the soward bashing is ridiculous. He's had 1 shocker FFS. His kicking game against the tigers was outstanding. Seriously, go easy.

I have actually spoken to a player tonight and he assures me there's no player that is not interested. There's a bit of confidence gone and they are tired. However they believe they can beat anyone and they believe in each other. I personally wish there was something we could do to help fire them up and get behind them. Can we all turn up to training... like 1000 of us with banners and just go nuts. Honestly, i know im reaching but surely something like that can spur them on. We have a fantastic opportunity to go back to back with the team we have. I still believe we can.

Minh

First Grade
Guys, the soward bashing is ridiculous. He's had 1 shocker FFS. His kicking game against the tigers was outstanding. Seriously, go easy.

I have actually spoken to a player tonight and he assures me there's no player that is not interested. There's a bit of confidence gone and they are tired. However they believe they can beat anyone and they believe in each other. I personally wish there was something we could do to help fire them up and get behind them. Can we all turn up to training... like 1000 of us with banners and just go nuts. Honestly, i know im reaching but surely something like that can spur them on. We have a fantastic opportunity to go back to back with the team we have. I still believe we can.

Yes. +1.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member

I like this idea.

Ulysseus

Bench
I want what some of you guys are smoking.
I'll watch every minute of the game, I'll shout at the TV, I'll get the shits, I'll pray for those cheating merkins to be struck by lightning at some point BUT I am a realist and whilst I will crave victory from the kickoff I know not to expect it for this game in particular.

Realistically, the team is f**ked at the moment and they need something to snap them out of whatever problems are there.
Odds of that being against the storm, f**king slim.
Had this game been played last year I'd be hella confident, but its no longer last year and it appears that some of the hunger is gone.

MattYg1

Bench
Im with Choc... its a confidence thing guys and if they can get their swagger back amazing things will start happening before our very eyes.....

Minh

First Grade
Stick by the team win, lose or draw. These are hard times the Dragons need the army to fire up and all their fans.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
There has always been good games between the two teams but I doubt it's going to be one that involves high points scoring at least by one side, I will be surprised if the Dragons lose again (I said that about the Roosters game...oops!) but I also can't see Melbourne keep on winning, that little streak is bound to get snapped and who knows. They have been playing goodish teams, but not one that's going to run and test them out and I think this game is telling tale on their forms. (just quietly am looking at someone to stuff up Melbourne, would be funny anyway...)

counterpuncher

Juniors
I also can't see Melbourne keep on winning, that little streak is bound to get snapped and who knows.

If I was a Storm fan, I wouldn't mind a little hiccup before the finals, get a loss on the board, break this long streak before the serious stuff.

Can we pencil it in for this week boys?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Manly were premiership favourites prior to Saints playing them and Saints came out that night and played the best game they have played all year and nearly kept Manly scoreless.

If Saints put in the same performance as they did against Manly they will win. This is IF they turn up with the same attitude they had that night.

It could be just a case of when they play teams out of the 8 they are not motivated as much and have nothing to prove. Maybe just focus more on getting through the game with no injury rather than win. They were pretty good against the Tigers.

Minh

First Grade
Manly were premiership favourites prior to Saints playing them and Saints came out that night and played the best game they have played all year and nearly kept Manly scoreless.

If Saints put in the same performance as they did against Manly they will win. This is IF they turn up with the same attitude they had that night.

It could be just a case of when they play teams out of the 8 they are not motivated as much and have nothing to prove. Maybe just focus more on getting through the game with no injury rather than win. They were pretty good against the Tigers.

I think so even though that is a bad attitude to have.

country_dragon

Juniors
And Soward is not at 5/8 and Kyle has a blinder would you stick with Kyle at 5/8 for the rest of the season?

I would. Cause it shows how much he wants it more than Soward and no bigger test than against the Storm.

Kyle has proved every time he has played at 5/8 how good he is and now is the time to let him keep that jersey if he proves himself.

don't lose track of the fact the Wayne Bennet is a lot to blame re: sowie. How pathetic was it to watch him come to the sideline - obviously injured after kicking off against the Tigers - only be told to stay out there. THEN to be taken off after (a very smart Benji marshall )spotted him injured and ran at him. Mate, that is the coaches fault. I know Bennet leaves it up to his players to say if they are fit or not - but that was just a bad decision that ultimately cost the Dragons the game.

Latest posts