What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Sevens were to make the Olympics...

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Really?

WHy is it that a couple of hundred thousand people attended international RU games last weekend...and the weekend before that.

How many attended soccer games in the same period. I didn't say that no one would go, I said it wouldn't get an international audience. Rugby has Western Europe, South Africa, Australia, Pacific Islands, New Zealand and some interest in South America. Rugby League doesn't bring much else and that is hardly international.

Redsfan

Juniors
It wouldn't get an audience in Australia and the north of England. Just about everywhere else already prefers those aspects of rugby. Rugby is getting bigger and bigger. League has probably started its attempts at expansion too late. But this thread is getting off topic.

_Johnsy

Referee
Internationally union has it hands down, cannot argue that point.
Domestically union is in an absolute shytehole, the domestic comps are a joke, apart from "interstate" S14 games you have nothing domestically. The dom comp played last year was meant to be the pinnacle of domestic rugby, and it lasted 1 year.

I know which I'd rather have, strong domestically compared to the "game" you clowns play/follow.

Parra

Referee
Internationally union has it hands down, cannot argue that point.
Domestically union is in an absolute shytehole, the domestic comps are a joke, apart from "interstate" S14 games you have nothing domestically. The dom comp played last year was meant to be the pinnacle of domestic rugby, and it lasted 1 year.

I know which I'd rather have, strong domestically compared to the "game" you clowns play/follow.

When was club rugby strong domestically? It's the same now as it has been for a long long time. It will stay basically as it is.

From this Super 14 and Test Rugby has thrived. Nothing on the horizon to change that either.

League has been strong domestically in QLD and NSW for ever and a day and that is not going to change either.

The ARC - killed to early to tell. But was never given any chance given the stupidity of the timing. It would have it's place - right about the same timing that we have just seen from the RLWC.

_Johnsy

Referee
our game has strength domestically union has sweet fugg all, and they know it. I know which one i'd prefer. Union will neve dominate league in this country.

Parra

Referee
Union will never dominate league in this country.

Stating the obvious.

Nothing has changed that would alter the status quo.

Add to that - no rugby code will ever be more than a novelty in Vic, SA, Tas or the NT.

Latest posts