What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the Great Britain side....

ocko

juniors
If the GB/GBI/England/whatever side played in the NRL competition, where do you think they would finish?

ocko

juniors
for the purposes of this exercise, any gb players who play in the nrl would play for gb and not for their nrl side

Quidgybo

Bench
That's not what I asked. Are they coming in as a debut team (ie. no debut team has won the premiership since 1908) or as a team with three or four years experience of the week in, week out pressure? (ie. having already played seasons 2002-2005 in the NRL) Even what was substantially a Queensland State of Origin side (ie. the Broncos) took four seasons to win the premiership and missed the finals in their first year. Without clarifying this point, it's a loaded question.

Leigh.

Coastbloke

Bench
It's interesting that Bradford and Wigan used to come up with 32-16 losing scorelines against the touring Kangaroos...

Wonder how they would have gone if they had a 3 match series instead of the 'Roos playing sides like Cumbria, PM XIII and bottom of the table sides...

Using that argument, if the GB team (Why are we having this conversation) played in the NRL for 2006 after a few matches wouldn't they be up there.

For instance, would they have done better against my team, the Knights, against Brisbane in the finals.

I think so....

1st
Sure they got obliterated on the weekend, but they still beat the Kangaroos a week ago.
Give them an off season to train together and weekly games in the NRL comp, they would gel and be much more consistent.
Plus, look at their depth;-) MILES ahead of any NRL teams.

ozbash

Referee
they,d be right up there.

i wonder if half you guys actually watch any ESL, brilliant comp.

Mr Saab

Referee
fourplay said:
They'd finish first. Look at the Brisbane squad compared to Great Britains.

They said the same in 1988 when the Broncos entered the comp and look what happened to them 1988/9.
The Poms would make the 8, but thats it.

The Clan

Juniors
Whaa Whaa Whaa!

Australians and their NRL....

Do you guys know how pathetic all this sounds to anyone with an open mind and an objective view.