What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we dont buy a halfback next year we will not make the 8

perverse

Referee
campo has been dog poo...seriously, i cannot believe how many people bag out herb yet our 500k a year superstar is allowed to do nothing and recieve very little critisim.

Far fetched i know, but id have herb over campo...based on current form.
you're a smart man. it wont be a popular opinion amongst your fellow fans, but you're 100% correct.

I agree, we need a halfback.

Herbert doesn't have the tools to be a big game halfback now, I doubt he ever will and I'm not preared to give him 3 seasons to develop just in case.

I'd still go all out for Mick Monaghan, the guy has experience, great passing game, great kicking game (all round kicking game, not just chips) and can run the ball well instead of getting to the lin eand doing a jig.

He may never play rep footy, but he won't be far off.

Don't care what anyone else thinks, if we put him in our side next year, we're going to take it to all the top teams.

i agree. Monas would a bloke who would never go missing. jsut wat we need

Beavo

Juniors
I was a bit to harsh on Herbie, but I just don't want to wait 3 years for him to develop.

Monaghan is solid and would take heaps of pressure of Campo and give us two great attacking options from both halves.

He wouldn't come cheap, but would be worth it, surely we could afford him if we let a few go.

Lets bring home a local product!

MM wont be coming , we arent chasing him and he has committed his future to Wakefield. Sooooo lets move on.

and he's not a halfback's shoelace

shear_joy9

Coach
I think the best halves pairing is Herbert and McCrone. Though Campese is easily is the more talented individually.

I'd like to see McCrone given another shot with campo.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
whats up with all this talk about pressure for campo??? he is doing nothing...how much less involvement do you want from him?

its not pressure, its confidence...he is lacking it big time, to scared to do anything really. Whether thats cause his playing hurt or not or perhaps being dropped from SOO.

At the end of the day, if he cant deliever he needs time to build his game...no player is bigger then the club..winning is our priority and at the moment, campo is lacking major involvement...if we lose this week and we are out of the semi race I say drop campo and blood some juniors. At least then his so called injury that his been carrying since game 1 can heal.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I love the Raiduhs, and it pains me to see them spend so much coin on some merkin that ain't putting in, but f**k, Campo better pull his head in.

Reckon it's shattered confidence from getting dropped from Origin? He didn't do a whole lot 'wrong', certainly was better than Peter f**king Wallace.

edabomb

First Grade
I think the best halves pairing is Herbert and McCrone. Though Campese is easily is the more talented individually.

I'd like to see McCrone given another shot with campo.

I'd like to see:

6. McCrone
7. Herbert
13. Campese

I think Campese would be awesome in the Scott Hill mould.

Green Machine

First Grade
Well reading the thread looks like more people agree with me than you.
You do need to go to OPSM
Campo is a star but has been so poor lately seems like origin really took allot out of his confidence and he doesn't even seem to want to get involved.
Campo is basically a second year first grader. He is playing in a side with no structure,
I think Herbert is getting better every week.
He is no different since the start of the season
Although I certainty wouldn't say no to a great experienced half coming our way I think Herbets doing well considering his experience.
He's there because we have nothing else.

Green Evil

Juniors
We dont need to go out and buy a halfback, We have plenty of talent coming through the club. We always have to pay overs to get people to come to the club so it is better for us to develop unless a player prefers the country lifestyle that Canberra can offer. Herbert looks like he may develop although he is probably a better 5/8 from what i have seen (he did play there all through his juniors), Matt Smith is playinig well at SL and did represent for city up there, im currently watching McCrone cut Burleigh to pieces and Mick Picker although playing 5/8 is an organiser with a great kicking game so will probably adjust easily to halfback. Surely one of those players can come through and be a first grade half.

ChrisCryptic

Juniors
I'd love him at the Warriors. I think hes been solid without being spectacular so far, and is much more involved when Tongue isn't forcing his way into the playmaking role. He has only had 20 or so games in the top flight and hasn't made too many major f**kups. If he becomes more dominant (ie Tongue going back to support play instead of making play) than there is no reason Herby and Tongue can't steer this team around effectively.

Its almost as if Tongue doesn't trust the young kid and forces himself in to first receiver to 'help' him, although it is detrimental to both Herby and the team.

I'd love him at the Warriors. I think hes been solid without being spectacular so far, and is much more involved when Tongue isn't forcing his way into the playmaking role. He has only had 20 or so games in the top flight and hasn't made too many major f**kups. If he becomes more dominant (ie Tongue going back to support play instead of making play) than there is no reason Herby and Tongue can't steer this team around effectively.

Its almost as if Tongue doesn't trust the young kid and forces himself in to first receiver to 'help' him, although it is detrimental to both Herby and the team.

A warriors supporter ( Im assuming you are ) can see what our problem is , yet the coaches cant or can and wont do anything about it.

Timbo

Staff member
I agree with the Warriors assesment above...

But still...A class name halfback would attract more name players to our club.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the warriors fan is on the money

if we play herby as a #7, campo as a #6 and tongue as a back up support player, Herby is a good young halfback and will foil campo well.

At the moment Campo's playing #7, Herby's playing #6 and Tongue's playing some hybrid half-hooker role, which is f**king up everything

I love Tongue but the prick needs to get back out to the rucks chasing up offloads and supplying an inside option for ball carriers like he used he. Thats how he became the player he is today. He's not a ball players arsehole

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
When tounge first came into first grade he had a habbit of always trying to kick.. Thank god that's over. Now it's time for him to forget the backs and as a forward. He should be taking hit ups. Surely it's obvious to even furner that tounge lacks attacking spark as a playmaker.

I just hope furner isn't doing the matt Elliott 'toots move' and decide that an extra forward can be a half.

Latest posts