What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we dont buy a halfback next year we will not make the 8

Cryptic

Juniors
f**k it... drop the entire NRL team to the QRL and run the QRL team in the NRL instead... like they could do worse... Losing a scrum with the feed... just awesome...

munge

Juniors
With all the ball Canberra had today, even an average half would of got Canberra over the line I think.

munge

Juniors
With all the ball today the Raiders had, an even average half in the NRL would of got the raiders over the line.

f**k it... drop the entire NRL team to the QRL and run the QRL team in the NRL instead... like they could do worse... Losing a scrum with the feed... just awesome...

Im with ya , we need mass changes. Start with changing our captain. He doesnt challenge the refs on anything. He is crap at 1st receiver and dummy half. Herb can go back to SL and in truth so can Campo.

Joel was good and Dugan tried today we lack in nearly every department , ok we lack in every department. Im so over this season.

Timbo

Staff member
We were so f**king poor.

Campese, Buttriss, Herbert, Tongue - these were the guys who we need to lead us, well f**k me if they haven't given up for the year. They can bugger off to Souths-Logan for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned. They're useless and a liability.

f**king useless bunch of nothings.

Dugan tried so hard, I was very impressed with him. Such an athlete. Imo He was by far the best Raiders players out there.

I could just imagine how he would be at Melbourne, The Doggies or The Dragons with effective halves.

I'd try something a bit different next week as you have nothing to lose now.

01. David Milne
02. Daniel Vidot
03. Joel Monaghan
04. Jarod Croker
05. Sam Huihahau
06. Josh Dugan
07. Josh McCrone
08. Dane Tilse
09. Alan Tongue
10. Josh Miller
11. Trevor Thurling
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Terry Campese

14. Travis Waddell
15. Glen Turner
16. Joel Thompson
17. Joe Picker

Glenn Turner shouldnt be anywere near our FG squad,
Id probably bring McCrone in, but Tongue cant be in the team as it would make jack sh*t difference as he gets the ball as 1st receiver.

we have absolutely no aggression , none , zip. we got pushed around by one of the smallest NRL packs. FMD Gibbs was man handling us.

Joel Thompson and Dugan should be 1st picked. Lets get Bramley come down and train us this week and devise the tactics. DF is falling way short , Ive given him the BOTD so far but my patience is gone.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Our slim finals hopes rested on this game.. Yet we never turned up. After our first set when buttris ran from dummy half on the fifth tackle I knew we were in for a crap game.

julian87

Juniors
The fact that dobson is being mentioned some 16 months after he was released is testimony that we are a three legged dog,that is slowly losing it's sight.

Maybe some people acknowledged it was a f**king ridiculous decision to let him go in the first place.

Brimmer

Juniors
Guys...face it...Herbert is crap. After watching that game today made my mind up on that. Both halves today (and all year!?!!) have got hands down the worst kicking game in the competition BY FAR.

Herbert was a disgrace to the jersey. Not just him I might add but considering the thread we are I'll pick on him. :p

But seriously...when you've got young guys like pearce and mortimer who are steering their team around the park week in, week out I get tired of reading "give him more time". This is the NRL and I expect all our players to be of a NRL standard. Some of our current team clearly aren't. I'm not saying sack the guy...but he needs to find form in the QLD.

Pearce's team is running last , so there is nothing to write home about there. we dont have 2 halves either we have 3 which is the major problem. Ive never seen a lock touch the ball as 1st receiver so often.

campo's and herb kicking is 2nd rate. we couldnt beat an U6 girls team they way we are structured atm

Noa

First Grade
Luke Kelly is a 7 your club should take a good look at. Signed till the end of 2010 but the Storm would probably release him for the shot at 1st grade.

His strengths are a great passing game, 1st rate organsier who never shuts up and has a good kicking game. One of the problem I see with your current 7(s) is they dont talk or organise enough. Kelly will never be accused of that.

Would make an ideal partner for Campese I reckon.

schnitzel

Juniors
Wow Noa, i was just thinking the same thing! Super impressed with this kid on debut. But Waddell could do just as good a job I reckon

legend

Coach
Tilse has to go as well. He is atrocious and his two f**ked passes from two hit ups in the first five minutes left me seething.

Herbert is useless in every department. He is tentative with the ball in hand and doesn't know whether to run or pass and that is where the play breaks down. Campo has shown no interest whatsoever since Origin and Buttriss has become a worse player than Lincoln Withers.

I hate following this team sometimes. They are so inept!

trev

Juniors
I actually think that Herbert is quite good. To me, the problem is that either he or Campo is afraid of taking control. In games where Herbert has taken control, the team seems to look fairly structured. Campo on the other hand, becomes frustrated far too easily and the whole team suffers when this happens.

I don't know what's doing with Campo right now, but he's certainly no where near his previous form.

I think that both Herbert and Campo are lacking the influence of a good halves coach/mentor. I'm not going to start a 'Furner bashing session' here, but I think it's quite obvious something has changed since Neil Henry leaving...he certainly got the best out of his players...no doubt about that.

As an aside...Herbert and McCrone went quite well in Campo's absence due to origin I.

Timbo

Staff member
Someone I was thinking of was Liam Foran. Played some 1st grade at Melbourne during origin last year, currently playing for Newtown in the NSW cup. Solid halfback who can organize.

I echo the sentiments of most here. 'Give him more time' is something we've been saying for 20 weeks. How much more time does he need? He's an NRL player, this is not the place to learn to be a footballer, he should be one by now or he shouldn't be in first grade.

Latest posts