What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If You Could Change One Rule In The Nrl What Would It Be?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Well my choice would be between five:

1) Players caught with the ball out of dummy half in their attacking half lose possession
2) Stripping Rule - I think it should be that if there is more than one in the tackle you can still strip the ball but only if the player in possession is still making forward progress.
3) Bring back striking for the ball in the ruck
4) 5 minutes in the bin for all dangerous play, anything that is now put on report.
5) One on one tackles that are under the ribs are dominant

But I think if I had to make the choice I would say the striking for the ball in the ruck.

Abz

Juniors
Scrums fed through the props, not the secnod rowers (even though it's more like locks nowadays.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Golden point to golden try. Plus I would increase the scope of sin binnable offences.

The Preacher

First Grade
Salary Cap.

With the way the Roosters count, what's the point in having a cap anyway. Yes, I know my mob have been fined for breaches, but you can put that down to Peter Doust running the show like the thickhead he is.

Inferno

Coach
Get rid of the charge down rule.

If you play at it and it comes off your arms, shoulders or hands it's a knock on, pure and simple.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Inferno said:
Get rid of the charge down rule.

If you play at it and it comes off your arms, shoulders or hands it's a knock on, pure and simple.

Actually, I would go the other way. A charge down doesn't nullify the tackle count but if the ball goes out then the kickers team gets the scrum.

This way teams are not rewarded for a slow kick and a lucky bounce.

in a brawl, the aggressor is the only person binned, when one guy has someone unleash on him, its ridiculous to bin him for defending himself.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
It is against the rules for teams to score against the Warriors unless by a field goal.

Any tries or penalties scored will be immediately added to the Warriors score.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
I'd change 3 rules....

1. Get rid of the stripping rule, anything is fair game.
2. Change the 10m to 5m.
3. Any dead balls see the clock stopped until play is resumed. I hate time wasting at the end of games.

Hanscholo

Bench
The dominant tackle rule. Id like to see it changed to a time counted from the held call. I detest the referees involving themselves in the ruck contest with MANY dubious calls about surrendering etc. Tony Archer calls surrenders on players that pulled 3 people an extra 2 meters.