What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had the chance to Boot South again, would You?

If you had the chance to Boot Souths would you?

• Yes

Votes: 111 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 111 50.0%

• Total voters

greg

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Boot Souths out and bring the Bears back.

Dont give me this dribble about history. The only people who should think history is a good enough reason to excuse the farce of their club is someone who was around in 1908 and has a genuine link to it. Im 21 and I onyl have a football memory going back to about 1989, so as far as Im concerned, the Broncos have been around for as long as Souths.

The Bears on the Central Coast is the way to go.

This says it all you clown. You are only 21 and don't know sh*t from clay obviously. Think outside the the pathetic little 21 year old square you live in and you might realise there is a whole big world out there.
As for kicking the bunnies out, the whole idea of this thread is pathetic. Check through the 98 year history of this great game and see that all teams have ups and downs, some longer than others. The bunnies are financial, they have more support than some other teams and hopefully with Crow and HaC a plan to move forward. Leave them alone.

Choppies

Coach
After thinking about the future of the NRL in my eyes Souths should stay. Re CC give it a whole new franchise because the people from Gosford I have been talking don't want a relocated team. They want their own. The only thing that needs to change is the club cluture by getting rid of the old heads.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Yes lets kick Souths out of the competition and while we are at it lets kick the following sides out aswell:

Warriors - Only made the semis twice in their existence plus they are a team playing outside of Australia in an Australian comp

Cronulla - Never won a comp and won't be winning one for some time

Melbourne - Who the heck likes Rugby League in Melbourne?

St. George Illawarra - Haven't won a comp since who knows

I think you can gather the sarcasim in the post, but why should Souths be booted out of a competition they have been the backbone of for the last 98 years (besides the 2 they were kicked out for) when a lot of other teams (yes can win games but haven't won a comp or made semis only on a handful of occassions) be left in?

I wonder how many of you folk would bark up if it was your team on the chopping block and not someone else's.

Bumble

First Grade
So far, I know 66 people on this forum are brain damaged.

That's good to know. F***ing spastics.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
My thoughts:

1. I'm just as sick of the crap going on at Souths as anyone else. That's why I voted yes to PHAC/Crowe.

2. What's with all the crowd talk? We're averaging about 13,500 per game, in a Stadium 30 mins from our district, with a 0-10 record.. That's not bad at all.

3. Souths will not move to the CC - in fact, they no longer have the power to . It's in the members hands now. Talking about it is as much use as talking about why don't McDonalds sell Whoppers.

4. The PHAC/Crowe "privatisation" is, in my opinion, the last chance for Souths. If blokes of their business accumen can't run the club, no-one can. No one will have to boot us out, sponsors will leave, and without a Leagues club, we'll die off.

5. In regards to 4, I have complete faith in the new management to turn the club around.

6. We have good juniors. Our SG Ball team made the grand final this year, narrowly losing to Penrith. Our last GF SG ball side contained Beau Champion, Buddy Gordon, etc... the one before that had Maitua, Sutton, etc etc...

7. Don't give me this Norths crap. NO ONE was forced to merged. They chose the easy option and unfortunately they chose the wrong partner.

So basically what I'm trying to say is while we're financially viable we deserve our spot in the competition. How long we can stay viable for is another matter. Peter Holmes a Court has a MASSIVE job on his hands.

Onwards and upwards...
I agree with you the whole way. You are the smartest person that has posted in this topic so far, apart from Bumble.

Bumble

First Grade
novacastrian_panther said:
You are the smartest person that has posted in this topic so far, apart from Bumble.

Oh come on, Miss Eagle is surely up there. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Balmain_Boy

Souths will come good and it will be a great day. To the 67 people who voted yes, sorry folks but you aren't going to get your way.

I just love that the majority that voted yes are fans of the SL clubs that sold our game down the river.

OVP

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
One thing I'll say is this. It's very easy to sacrifice someone else's club.

Hear Hear. I remember when Dennis Fitzgerald put Easts in the firing line and i didnt like it a tiny bit. We got our revenge though, we spent FAR less than them and actually WON a premiership. No club deserves to go through that sort of pain ... NONE.

Red Bear

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Boot them....They just guarantee a win for each team they are playing against.
f**k off Melbourner, Souths still get better crowds than you, in a 9 team city, with a continual sh*t side, as opposed to a successful side in a city with 3 .5 million. Your lucky to have a club, you got admitted while others were getting screwed, were run by a filthy bastard andnow have the hide to try want to get rid of one of the 2 foundation clubs left, an essential part of the history of our game (you know, the 90 off years before melbourne were apart of our game) and you know, lets boot em. Lets have one club survive 100 years eh???

Red Bear

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
One thing I'll say is this. It's very easy to sacrifice someone else's club.
A f**ken Men. Love the people telling various other clubs to relocate, die etc etc. eg moving the Bears to Perth(whoever suggested that). Try suggesting your own club moves 4 hour flight away.

Red Bear

Referee
yobbo84 said:
7. Don't give me this Norths crap. NO ONE was forced to merged. They chose the easy option and unfortunately they chose the wrong partner.
I think you'll find that the members voted against a merger, but then the administrator came in and put us in one. So clearly we were forced into one.

boonboon

Juniors
I voted Yes , I never thought they should have been brought back, they have done nothing for the comp in years, no fans , no money, no wins,

They should have been kicked out 80 years ago when they rorted the tigers in the grandfinal before the wallibies match.

Dont relocate them the Central Coast deserve a team before souths, as do perth and adelaide and virtually every other place, because they are actually a place.

The rooster cover central and estern sububs. South Sydney who play in West Sydeny and are which already has 3 clubs, Bulldogs, Wests Tigers and Parramatta

Send them back to premier league,

Hopefully Peter Holmes ACourt sees the light and gives up on Souths

Latest posts