What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If your team was rissoled

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I think that is crucial. If you are young enough people seem to accept change better.

Without a doubt.

I became a Steelers fan in 96 at the age of just 7 and never thought twice about supporting the merger 3 years later. I was just the natural thing to do and my favourite players at the time (Rod Wishart and Trent Barrett) were both going to play for the Dragons.

However its not the same for everyone. My cousin was a Saints supporter before the merger. Even at the age of just 8 when the merger came about he hated it straight away. He stuck with the Dragons through 1999 but not even making a grand final could change his mind and from 2000 he became a sharks supporter.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
thbooger-1.gif

sharko

Juniors
Most of you on this thread would start to support AFL, courtesy of Israel and Karmichael, and then the A League as it is a genuine national game.

Doomednow

Bench
Until Broncos fans know what it's like to win a spoon or go through an extended period of time of not participating in finals footy then I might start listening to their supporters telling me how to follow my team or if I was a 'real' rugby league supporter.

You copped a lot of sh*t from some Broncos supporters who missed the point of your post, but I agree with you.

Broncos fans - he wasn't telling you to switch teams and anything so ridiculous, or even that you aren't real Rugby League fans. He was saying that the average Bronco's supporter hasn't the right to get on their arrogance horse claim they are a greater fan than anyone from another club when they have not had to suffer through a prolonged period of sh*t form or a wooden spoon. During those periods is when you find out if you're a fairweather fan or a real supporter. You might very well be the kind of fan who sticks around, but until you know for sure you don't have the right to judge others.

Now, whether or not any Broncos fans actually said anything which would reasonably get Spock to respond that way is another matter.

Back on topic, I'd be crushed. My parents weren't league supporters but my grandfather was a Panthers fan and one of my earliest memories is a pair of Panthers socks he bought me. I'd never be able to follow a team with the same passion again, and I'd probably only have a passing interest in most games. Eventually I might decide to follow a team half heartedly who I thought had players and supporters who weren't total dicks, maybe warriors or knights, maybe others, but I'd never by any merch or anything like that.

Last edited:

Mike_Jets

Juniors
Well if Souths were not around any more, I would just watch the Bluebags. I actually watch the Jets more than Souths now as I hate ANZ, this was the reason I started going to Henson Park in the first place. If the Jets went at the same time then it would be Balmain and Wests and the odd trip the Cabramatta!

Third Bugler

Juniors
Well if Souths were not around any more, I would just watch the Bluebags. I actually watch the Jets more than Souths now as I hate ANZ, this was the reason I started going to Henson Park in the first place. If the Jets went at the same time then it would be Balmain and Wests and the odd trip the Cabramatta!

Probl'y the 87th person to say this, but my team was rissoled. From the top comp at least.

Former Fortitude Valley RLFC supporter.

gUt

Coach
Broncos fans are being sorely tested right now. Not only might we not make the finals this year, it's been a long time by our standards since we won a premiership.