What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If....

hybrid_tiger

Coach
dodge said:
hybrid, do you know how not to be a sore winner?

FFS dude, you're in the GF! Don't answer to Dragons fans - they aren't worth your time anymore. Go out and have a few!!!

Mate, I've had more than a few!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Just seems everytime we win theres an excuse. What will it be next week!!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No excuse mate, read his post. Read the bold text. He, I and everyone know the Tigers were the better team. Doesn't mean the played awful well, just means they did what was required to keep the Dragons out long enough. He's venting, he's frustrated. You can't deny though that you'll need to step up a level for the GF no matter who the opponent.

And BBSF, don't f**king pretend you're an Eels fan. Or a Tigers fan. Laughing at other teams because your "team" has outed theirs? Grow up c**k merchant.

f**king hell.

innsaneink

Referee
Hybrid is right though.

hybrid_tiger said:
Just seems everytime we win theres an excuse. What will it be next week!!!!

The whole thread is "excuse A", "Excuse B" and "excuse C" etc.

Alex28 said:
Not at all. Parramatta have been the benchmark this year (as much as it pains me to say it).

Lets face it - the Tigers over the last 3 weekends have beaten the Cowboys who were absolutely awful in defence, the Broncos who were awful in attack, and the Dragons who couldn't execute either.

Parramatta wont give them the massive gaps they were getting from the Dragons tonight. The Tigers defence up the middle was worrying - Barrett was making gaps and metres very easily. They are gonna need to step up - thats all I am saying...

Meh.

There were calls tonite that went against both teams, there were calls that favoured both, seems liek just another game of footy to me....but the calls against the losers seem to always be bigger.

Alex28

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Everytime we win it's because the other team played sh1t. LOL.
Not everytime at all. The last 3 weeks they have had alot of help from the other teams. I've said the Tigers deserve their spot on the Grand Final - sorry you can't see that through your Black-and-Gold "we are the best why can't everyone else see that" glasses - I'm just not going to pander to you guys at all...

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
we didnt play our absolute best either mate
we werent flashy and made a lot of mistakes
works both ways mate
LOL. We?
LMAO. We?
Actually I understand why you would adopt the Tigers as your new team - you aren't going to experience this as a Sharks fan. Ever. :)

ucantseeme

Juniors
A champion team will always beat a team of champions, as seen last night.

The dragons management must be getting worried that it keeps happening year after year, being on fire during the regular season then crumbling in the finals. Time for some changes.

Brisbane fans have a right to feel aggrieved after last weeks effort when Mander allowed the Tigers to hold down continuously. But today both sides were equally willing to exploit Mander's failure to police the rucks.
Watch the first 30 minutes again and whenever Wests were on the attack the Dragons would slow the play down by rolling people over and placing their hands on the ball. Barrett was also taking an eternity to drop the ball out, which isn't exactly in the spirit of the game.
But as soon as Dragons gained momentum in the 2nd half the Tigers were pulling out exactly the same measures and were fortunate not to be penalised. I know it happens every week but you would expect teams to be detered from this type of play if the ref was a bit more assertive.

Red Bear

Referee
Tigers were tops tonight n fully deserved their win, however Mander was attrocious. Tigers were offside all night and the Barret incident as well as a few 6 to go calls against the Dragons really cost them. Full marks to wests tho who were brilliant and lets hope the Tigers win the grand final.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I HATE Mander. I think he is an anti-Kiwi cheat. But last night he was good imo. Having heard the complaints about the Tigers getting away with murder in the play the ball I was watching for it very closely all game and saw absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Infact, when Mander did eventually penalise the Tigers I thought the calls were a bit rough.

I thought Barrett was held (on the ground, hands on him), but regardless- once Mander called held, he had no option but to penalise Barrett. That happens, and it is never fair, but it is an anomaly in the rules and not with Mander.

The main thing I felt Mander missed during the game was 2 or 3 high shots from Shaun Timmins. Has he been charged? He should cop a decent suspension imo, smacked Galea right on the chin, went in high a couple more times, and then smacked Dene Halatau on the chin. It could have been worse for the Dragons.

Alex28

Coach
Hari Kari said:
they might not be playing parramatta.
Time for me to eat my words.

I wouldn't have believed that Parramatta could have choked worse than St George did last night. I described St George as diabolical last night - I don't think I can come up with a description for how bad Parramatta were!

I think the Tiges will win the whole deal, but I don't want to curse them like I did Parra and the Drags!