What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If....

nqboy

First Grade
hotsnow said:
Ok, KFC has said it way better than I did. I should just quote KFC's post in my first one. lol
Unfortunately, he didn't provide any proof either.

lockyno1

Post Whore
hotsnow said:
You ask, I'll give.

* The "mistake" at the beginning of the game by the dragons where it was a one-on-one strip by the Tigers. Tigers scored off the scrum. Nine never showed the replay.

* Constant marker and tackle infringments let go

* Barrett 'held' incident

* Prince put grubber into in-goal, chasers were offside, dragons drop out. This happened a few sets after Creagh was penalised for in-front of the kicker (correctly).

* Barrett close to the line on the burst dropped the ball. In front of him were 3 offside tigers, right infront of Mander.

Before you all flame away like idiots, I have already stated the dragons had plenty of time to score enough points, the game could have been theirs if they were good enough - they weren't. But Mander was still sh*thouse. Naturally, I only see the bad calls against the Dragons. If there were bad ones against the Tigers as well then it's even more reason to give the GF whistle to someone else.

Lets go through them:

1) Actually can't comment as I missed the first 10 minutes. I was cooking dinner.

2) Both teams were guilty, the game flowed anyway so I have no dramas.

3) Correct call. He was held and you could hear Mander say it not once but 3 times!

4) Fair enough but I can guarantee you that there were instances where the dragons were offside from kicks as well

5) Shouldn't have dropped the ball. Simple.

There you go!

Hari Kari

Juniors
Alex28 said:
The Tigers defence wasn't that great tonight and if the Dragons were on their game, they would have won and could have won by plenty. It's great that the Tigers are through to the Grand Final, however they'll need to go up another level to even be competitive against Parramatta.

they might not be playing parramatta.

nqboy

First Grade
Alex28 said:
The Trent Barrett Held incident was a massive call - Mander has held "Called" when Barrett has started to move forward after getting off the ground. It was debatable whether he was held at all, and given the crowd and the lateness of the call the fair thing to do would have been to get him to go back and play the ball. Mander converted what could have been 18-16 Dragons to 20-12 Tigers. It is an enormous call and I don't think he got it at all correct.
Mander doesn't have to call held, that's a courtesy extended by the referee. If Barrett knew the rule, he shouldn't have tried to play on and if he didn't know the rule, that's his fault too.

Alex28

Coach
nqboy said:
Mander doesn't have to call held, that's a courtesy extended by the referee. If Barrett knew the rule, he shouldn't have tried to play on and if he didn't know the rule, that's his fault too.
Every referee calls held for every tackle in every game - it is the way the game is run. If he is going to call held, call it when the guy is held, not when the guy gets up and moves forward because he hasn't been called held.

If he "doesn't have to call held", then the NRL either needs to make it clear that referee's call or they don't. Your arguement is weak.

nqboy

First Grade
Okay, now let's examine Barrett's actions. Lying on the ground with an opponents hand on him. Why would he think he wasn't tackled? And so whose fault is it?

Barrett was not entitled to run.

lockyno1

Post Whore
nqboy said:
Okay, now let's examine Barrett's actions. Lying on the ground with an opponents hand on him. Why would he think he wasn't tackled? And so whose fault is it?

Barrett was not entitled to run.

That is the way I saw it. I will have another look tommorrow!

ucantseeme

Juniors
I thought tim Mander had a good game, the Barret decision was the right one as he was tackled but I would have liked to see him take action on the high tackle on Ben Galea in the 1st half & he gave the Dragons way too much latitude in the ruck as they were holding down the whole game.

But really who cares about the ref, the tigers outplayed the dragons and won.

I was so impressed with the courage they showed in that last 20 minutes, the defensive effort was great.

So that means in the last 3 weeks the Tigers have scored 104 points and conceded 24.

104 - 24.........

Alex28

Coach
I'll need another look at it but I don't think you could conclusively say he was held (if he was he wouldn't have been running anywhere would he?).

Angry_eel

First Grade
Alex28 said:
The Tigers defence wasn't that great tonight and if the Dragons were on their game, they would have won and could have won by plenty. It's great that the Tigers are through to the Grand Final, however they'll need to go up another level to even be competitive against Parramatta.

Are you a parra suppporter cause man thats a damn big thing to say.

oh another week of this lol do we now have too prove another person wrong :roll:

Alex28

Coach
Not at all. Parramatta have been the benchmark this year (as much as it pains me to say it).

Lets face it - the Tigers over the last 3 weekends have beaten the Cowboys who were absolutely awful in defence, the Broncos who were awful in attack, and the Dragons who couldn't execute either.

Parramatta wont give them the massive gaps they were getting from the Dragons tonight. The Tigers defence up the middle was worrying - Barrett was making gaps and metres very easily. They are gonna need to step up - thats all I am saying...

Saint 60

Juniors
I also say that Mander had a ded set shocker...my op anyhows

but on a lighter note and much as it pains me to say it lol , tigers ded set deserved to win no risk...saints did not deserve to win at all - all butterfingers...
cheers tiger fans - good luck next week...

PS - hmmm hope they aint too injured the tigs...a lot looked very sore... :(

Angry_eel

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Not at all. Parramatta have been the benchmark this year (as much as it pains me to say it).

Lets face it - the Tigers over the last 3 weekends have beaten the Cowboys who were absolutely awful in defence, the Broncos who were awful in attack, and the Dragons who couldn't execute either.

Parramatta wont give them the massive gaps they were getting from the Dragons tonight. The Tigers defence up the middle was worrying - Barrett was making gaps and metres very easily. They are gonna need to step up - thats all I am saying...

If we win tommorow and if you are right, as much as it pains me to say, newcastle will be my second favourite team.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Some people just don't learn life's lessons. After the 1996 grand final, Nathan Brown should know damn well when a tackle is, or isn't a tackle!

Anyway, I'm glad that it was all manders fault, and not Cooper for knocking on with the line wide open, or the other 400 Saints knock ons.

I like Saints. However, I reckon 80% os 'astute' league judges would be eating humble pie right now. Saints are favorites :roll: Saints are unbeatable :roll: Saints deserve to have 8 players tour :roll:

Parra may not win tomorrow, but even if they don't, their season has already been better than Saints - how the Dragons got favoritism is utterly beyond me. I recall dickwads like Charlie Saab bereating me and others over questioning Saints claims to the crown. Saints fans aside, no one could produce evidence that they deserved favoritism.

As for Browns push for Barret at test 5/8 - LOL. Lockyer, in a lean and frustrating year, has been infinitely better than Barret, who, by now, should have achieved much more in the game.

Saints tourists should be Bailey, Gasnier, and the vastly underrated Lance Thompson. Any garbage about Dean Young, Ben Creagh etc is utterly rediculous. They are average at best. If they weren't, how come the little Tigers pack outplayed 'em?

The hype over Saints had been rediculous. And now, rather than acknowledge that they overcame a horrendous start to the season to achieve beyond their expectations, the poor old Dragons will cop the chokers tag (unless the Cowpats flog us -god forbid).

Full marks to the Tigers. A premiership is certainly not beyond you now. :clap::clap:

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
hotsnow said:
Mander gets the Grand Final it's a joke. Let me state right now, based off tonights performance the Dragons do not deserve to be in the Grand Final. They had plenty of time to retain the scoreline.Similarly Mander was absolutely terrible. He stuck the knife in and the Dragons twisted it. The Dragons season came down to this match and they stuffed it. The referee should also be under the same conditions. He was a disgrace.

However the Tigers played fantastically. You deserve everything that comes your way. Very well played.

I was there tonight.. You are 100% spot on with everything you have posted..