What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnuuu

Meth

Staff member
What an eventful game from him yesterday. I think he has been great for us this year. Yesterday, he was 'rocks and diamonds'- far from our worst player.

Just on the intercept, there's no doubt that he slowed up. It's pretty excusable though- all players do when they are in the last 10 metres and they think they're in the clear. He obviously didn't see Roberts coming. You can excuse him for that. When you're in the situation, you can't afford to have a full pan behind you. And he's sloooooooow, plus he got off to a slow start.

hitman82

Bench
Bro, he stuck his TONGUE out, then slowed up to casually dot down, and got smashed from behind. It was hilarious!
I think he would have got run down anyway, but may have slid over.
I absolutely love Inu though - really chances his arm and usually pulls it off. Freakish athlete.

What I didn't like was him running himself out, 6 up with 30 seconds to go... that was dumb.

Meth

Staff member
Bro, he stuck his TONGUE out, then slowed up to casually dot down, and got smashed from behind. It was hilarious!
I think he would have got run down anyway, but may have slid over.
I absolutely love Inu though - really chances his arm and usually pulls it off. Freakish athlete.

What I didn't like was him running himself out, 6 up with 30 seconds to go... that was dumb.

oh I didn't see the tongue haha. In any event, he didn't see Roberts so he thought he was in the clear. I'd love to see that happen to Sandow some time.

Yeah, running out with 30 seconds to go was a low-point.

hitman82

Bench
I thought Inu's skill was as good as usual, but his attention to detail was poor, hence the bungled chances.
Not sure whether this was to do with him being more casual than usual, or being psyched out for some reason. But things just weren't QUITE working out for him.
Also, I think he prefers the other wing. It all seemed to roll more smoothly for Inu when he was playing on the other side.

worier

Juniors
Just on the intercept, there's no doubt that he slowed up. It's pretty excusable though- all players do when they are in the last 10 metres and they think they're in the clear. He obviously didn't see Roberts coming. You can excuse him for that. When you're in the situation, you can't afford to have a full pan behind you. And he's sloooooooow, plus he got off to a slow start.

No one saw Roberts he came out of no where.. Apart from those blemishes Inu had a really good game. He's been copping some unfair flak as of late.

BuffaloRules

Coach
What about the kick through late in the first half when he went into touch??

He was actually running into touch before he had the ball?? :?

I thought he seemed disinterested yesterday...

Surely he cant maintain his spot when the Fish is back?

Meth

Staff member
What about the kick through late in the first half when he went into touch??

He was actually running into touch before he had the ball?? :?

I thought he seemed disinterested yesterday...

Surely he cant maintain his spot when the Fish is back?

I wasn't too bothered about Inu going into touch there. It was enterprising play and it would have been amazing if he had pulled it off.

I don't want to see us make the same mistake with Fisiiahi that we appear to have made with Locke. Inu is definitely playing well enough to hold his spot- in fact, I don't see how anybody would question his place in the team. On form, if Fisiiahi were to replace a winger, it would be Manu

LeagueNut

First Grade
That happened right in front of where we sit. James Maloney was very clearly not happy with Inu - he was mouthing off, gesturing infield and looked like he was about to explode.

hitman82

Bench
And rightly so! I love how James will absolutely give it to people when they stuff up. It was seriously geniused play.
But in general, Inu is awesome and our best back so far this season.

ozenzud

Juniors
That happened right in front of where we sit. James Maloney was very clearly not happy with Inu - he was mouthing off, gesturing infield and looked like he was about to explode.

Excellent. That mirrored my reaction to that play from my lounge room in Wellington. I told my 10 year old never to play that dumb, ever! But I knew he wouldn't do anything that stupid...

And I'd just calmed down after Manu's off load! Jesus, what were they doing!

Anyway, Inu, all things aside, was seriously entertaining yesterday. I reckon he creating opportunities for the warriors, mind you he creates slightly less opportunities for the opposition. His efforts under the high ball are just short of brilliant.

I dislike the little smartarse, but Sandow was impressive.

Manu, well, he is a shadow of himself.

Johns Magic

Referee
Any chance Inu will get shifted to centre soon, what with Berrigan being forced to play there and the Fish back?

Although if Berrigan wasn't in the centres he would be on the bench, and I can't see both him and Hohaia on the bench...

Noa

First Grade
Id like to see this as well. Put a slick winger outside him and it will bring his soft-hands into play more often.

Yeah Paramatta fans love to remind us about the rocks and diamonds that come along with Inu and Mateo. i still think inu has more to gain than lose and Mateo for that matter. I think the Warriors are the best team suited for these 2 freakish athletes

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Have heard the "Rocks & Diamonds" description numerous times about Inu, but that was the only regular season Warriors game that I've seen that you could say that about him, IMO. Otherwise, has been a pretty dependable, consistent first grader that has helped open up opportunities on a side of the field that has proven to be barren for us for a number of seasons. Its amazing how long these descriptions of players last. You still hear the "Rocks & Diamonds" cliche being dragged out about Manu.

BTW, has anyone else ever come across posts under their username that they never made? Have noticed one in the NRL section that is supposedly by me, but I never made it.

hitman82

Bench
Not drinking related? Haha

Inu...
The winning try, right on the hour, came from wing Krisnan Inu, but he could have scored, or created, up to four more, and afterwards declared: "It was probably one of the worst games I've played: just real stupid stuff that a first-grader shouldn't do, and a lack of concentration.
"Full credit to our boys, they defended well, and lucky for me."
On a busy afternoon for video referee Chris Ward, he ruled out three Warriors tries, the first to Shaun Berrigan after only four minutes after the ball was stripped, then he said Kevin Locke had `bored' through the markers when Souths wing James Roberts cut down Inu after an 85-metre interception just short of the line.
Inu admitted he hadn't heard Roberts coming and had slowed down, saying: "I probably look like a fool now."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/5039271/Warriors-carry-on-winning-way-despite-hiccups/

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
The warriors built there club on rocks & diamonds lol. That was a typical warriors win yesterday. And i know Inu was chased down by Roberts and he ran out with 30 seconds to go but it's not the first time something like that has happened and definitely not the last.

Eeeenu is all diamonds & rubies. What's up with all the hate he's copping in the gameday spoilers forum? Obv some people don't watch many Warriors games. He played alright yesterday, if a few small things had gone his way it would've been a MoM performance.