What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikin and Walters

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Did anyone else hear these two clowns go on and on about the berrigan no try ? I thought it was pretty clear that berrigan dropped the ball over the line but walters in particular seemed mystified that it wasn't given.

They were just terrible in the unbalanced bias way in which they commented on the match. It reminded me of the good old days when qld and nsw had different commentators for origon as each was too bias for the others state to cope with.

I mean one guy is married to the coaches daughter and played for the broncos whilst the other is a former player and assistant coach of the broncos. Surely even channel 9 could use non ex broncos to comment on every broncos games ?

Eelectrica

Referee
Channel 9 brisbane commentry team is the worst on the planet. I was flipping between games last night (beauty of living on the GC) and it sounded like some very special people were in the commentry box in Brisbane. Very special.

I didn't flip over with the no try, but I know how the commentators carry on if the ref even dares to think about calling something against the Broncos.

kooriguy

Juniors
yeah every islander that ran the ball was tony puletua.. no wonder he picked up nine man of the match.

axl rose

Bench
kooriguy said:
yeah every islander that ran the ball was tony puletua.. no wonder he picked up nine man of the match.

haha i noticed Puletua played the ball to himself once. Had to be MOM with that sort of involvement.

Dakink

Bench
To be honest I dont mind a commentator that supports a team or is biased... You know what you are going to get - they add abit of character for mine.

knightsyeah12

Juniors
i couldnt stand the commentators, the head commentator was shocking, he was so boring i almost fell asleep! and ikin well enough said, he shouldnt be invloved with channel 9 at all.

Shorty

Staff member
Well I actually thought Berrigan should have got that try.
But they were annoying..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think they are funny.

Cannot remember the last time I heard unbiased commentary on FTA.

knightsyeah12 said:
i couldnt stand the commentators, the head commentator was shocking, he was so boring i almost fell asleep! and ikin well enough said, he shouldnt be invloved with channel 9 at all.

Yeah he is a brisbane race caller, and i think he should stick to calling the races.

Inferno

Coach
Eelectrica said:
Channel 9 brisbane commentry team is the worst on the planet. I was flipping between games last night (beauty of living on the GC) and it sounded like some very special people were in the commentry box in Brisbane. Very special.

I didn't flip over with the no try, but I know how the commentators carry on if the ref even dares to think about calling something against the Broncos.

Agreed, how good is it:D

The commentators were embarassingly bad, so I just switched over the other game and flicked back for updates.

McLovin

Staff member
Loved the moment of silence when Penrith snapped the field goal...Gold...

They where on top of the world when Brissie where up by 8 with not long to go...lol

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Walters is a clown. In the Broncos first game he almost came in his pants over Berrigan saying he was the best hooker in the world and nobody gives him credit and I never realised how annoying his voice is.

Razor

Coach
We've had to put up with them for years in Brisbane. They are truly awful. Just be grateful you don't have to put with Bombolas as well.

And the Brisbane media have the gall to claim that the main 9 commentators are biased towards the Sydney teams. Yet they don't say a word about the most biased commentators on the planet.

Serc

First Grade
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Walters is a clown. In the Broncos first game he almost came in his pants over Berrigan saying he was the best hooker in the world and nobody gives him credit and I never realised how annoying his voice is.

ROFL yes!!!!!!!!!! That was one of the worst ones I've heard in a while - the funniest part of that is how they forgot about their favourite Queenslander Cameron Smith!

Serc

First Grade
Yeah personally I thought it was a try too...i thought he didn't drop it over the line, could see the ball planted on the ground fairly solidly while still wrapped in his arm.

nqboy

First Grade
knightsyeah12 said:
and ikin well enough said, he shouldnt be invloved with channel 9 at all.
It's just the place for him, with all the other knobs they have on there. (Apologies to Sterlo and .... sorry, can't think of any others on Nein that aren't knobs). Mind you, he'd also fit in well on fox with Daley, Freeman, Pearce, Tallis and others I can't think of off the top of my head.

And yes, that trio last night were deadset shockers.

Latest posts