What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ikin: Bennett’s axe is permanent

Bennett's first address to this club's members was a written one which recalled the foundations we were built on. He and Tinkler want to recapture that but at the same time live in the current climate of football. Not an easy trick to pull off.

Noname36

First Grade
Wayne already preparing to clear the decks. We must have players lined up for next year and beyond if this has any truth to it. Note it is a loose article at this stage. All suggestive.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/knights-plan-clearout-20120608-201x4.html

Good. Honestly I'd be looking to offload everyone bar:

Boyd
Aku
Jimmy
Mullo
Snowy
Mason
McKinnon
Bedsy (if he's up for another year)
Gids (Tbh I've gotten to the point where I couldn't care less if he went but we know he'll be here)
Tahu (not in the best form but he has experience and he's still 10x more damaging than Wes/Sau)
And Gagai (heaps of potential but unproven especially at the Knights)

That's not a bad core group of players IMO.

I'd say a backline of:

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Tahu
5. McManus

Is all but assured. The forwards and halves will be the issue. I never want to see Mullo back at halfback so we need an option there. I'm not sure if Gidley will work or if Roberts will show much improvement.

Spot On

Coach
Geez we've had some 'clean outs' since Hagan's days. Hasn't seemed to change much. The place lacks players with skill and heart. The "culture' of the joint is shit house. Bennett may need a few years just to get a squad good enough to make the eight.

Hats off to Rick Stone who did a tremendous job with the teams he had the previous two years. Genius.

voltron

Juniors
pretty sure vuna got picked for the latest game

also why are we all doom and gloom?
how is it said?
it takes six months to destroy a culture and a year (or two?) to build a good one

Johns Magic

Referee
Vuna is starting for the Wallabies tonight.

Also Whats Doing, I'm guessing you're just speculating rather than have mail?

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah it would be great to have him back. Not sure how he'd fit is all.

I'm not sure if Bennett will want to re-sign Uate given the money he'll demand and his defensive issues. From a marketing perspective though the club would be loathe to lose him.

Rolla

Juniors
I know he is pretty untouchable on here, but i would take Vuna over Jimmy any day. Both have different strengths but despite the endless Jimmy love this season he hasn't been anything special. He started the year well but done nothing of note since a few rounds in. Our left side is our worst defensive side and he has been making errors too, not just the men inside him.... quite uncharacteristic. He has a few line breaks but i'm not sure he has any that Tahu hasn't gifted him (his centre is right up there for linebreak assists in the NRL). Jimmy was poor last season for the most part as well.

I am not suggesting he has been bad necessarily, but nothing special, and he is IMO greatly overrated around this joint. He deserves to stay here and keep his spot (i don't regard him a problem here by any means), but he is replaceable and he isn't in the same class as Vuna.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah I'd probably take Vuna over McManus too.

Mind you, even given his poor defensive errors of late, McManus is a mile in front of Vuna in that department. Vuna came in unnecessarily way too much.

Will be interesting to see what happens with our two wingers when they come off-contract.

It will be interesting when Uate is up for renewal again. If he thinks Wayne is going to hand over 500 K plus for a flanker he is kidding himself.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Vuna had some pretty big holes in his game. Under the high ball he was next to useless and his defecive reads were poor at times too.

Its easy to reember the barnstorming runs he made and forget about the rest. Hindsight is kind that way

Whats Doing

Bench
Vuna had some pretty big holes in his game. Under the high ball he was next to useless and his defecive reads were poor at times too.

Its easy to reember the barnstorming runs he made and forget about the rest. Hindsight is kind that way

Its not only the barnstorming runs, its the 40 tries in 46 games over the last 2 years at the knights including 4 in the one game.

If only we had that strike power back and would be a much more lethal combination with Tahu inside.

Rod

Bench
I think we would be foolish not to do our absolute utmost to retain Aku. Whether that would mean paying him slightly overs then so be it. Some players are worth more than simply what they produce on the field. He's practically the face of the club.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Its not only the barnstorming runs, its the 40 tries in 46 games over the last 2 years at the knights including 4 in the one game.

If only we had that strike power back and would be a much more lethal combination with Tahu inside.

I'd like to see a comparative regarding how many tries were let in down his side in those 46 games

Latest posts