What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not on Drugs but Burt needs to be Fullback

Nickeel

Juniors
forward pass said:
We do have another forward who kicks at 71% who no-one has considered??;-) May be a handy backup to Piggy !

Any guesses ??

Caylo? :lol:

I think people forget Morro is a kicker. I wonder if he has been in practice lately?

Nick

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Goal kicking will be important at any stage of the finals but Grothe's dummy half runs will be equally as important out of our own end.

For sure...but I'm just tossing it in there....if you were picking on form, over the last month, Burt has been in much sharper form than Grothe, and we've got plenty of guys that can dart out of dummy half.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
For sure...but I'm just tossing it in there....if you were picking on form, over the last month, Burt has been in much sharper form than Grothe, and we've got plenty of guys that can dart out of dummy half.

We do but Grothe is far more effective out of dummy half. The makeup of the team will be important and we will need to take a goalkicker in. Burt may well be an option as well defensively from kicks in behind the line.

Parraren

Bench
I'd probably go with Burt over Wade at fb.

I'm expecting a close game and goalkciking could decide it.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Hellsy said:
He has been quite good at that since returning from injury to the top grade.

Yes from me, but how do you drop Wade? or do you? what are your thoughts there?

McKinnon had me pulling my hair out. He tried a shoulder charge and the Cowboys player pushed him off and scored. Another attempt was aweful. He looked like dropping the ball several times and there was hardly any support running. Thank goodness he is leaving. Burt is 10 times the player.

True EEL

Bench
i think Burt needs to be there somewhere for his attacking skills AND his seemingly improved goalkicking as it may end up being a very important factor

as good as O'Dwyer has been maybe him or Ben Smith make way for Burt or at least go back to the ebnch and probably play as an extra forward?

Hayne or Burt to the centres if Wade stays at fullback?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
mickdo said:
Ok, definitely too many drugs there. :crazy:

Wade always looks dangerous to me. Unfortunately, the danger he presents is to our team, both in attack and defence. I just don't want to see the final stages of Parramatta's season as Wade doing something stupid that we all know Burt wouldn't do.

You can say whatever you want about Burt but he doesn't make as many errors.

True EEL

Bench
Burt's major liability is his defence, however, Wade's didn't look to impressive either on Friday night and wee need all the attacking ability we have...

mickdo

Coach
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
Wade always looks dangerous to me. Unfortunately, the danger he presents is to our team, both in attack and defence. I just don't want to see the final stages of Parramatta's season as Wade doing something stupid that we all know Burt wouldn't do.

You can say whatever you want about Burt but he doesn't make as many errors.
I'm not saying Burt isn't good, but to say he is 10 times Wade is just a bit over the top. We need Burt for his goal kicking regardless.

yy_cheng

Coach
I've been saying that we needed a recognized goal kicker way back when Delaney was out and around when Burt came back onto the scene.

Although during our winning streak, it has not been needed, but in the last few weeks, it could've made a difference if we had 12 points instead of 8 points like against the cowpats.

Come finals time, it might be required.

My backline would be

1. Wade
2. Hayne
3. Burt
4. Smith
5. Grothe

Odie to be 18th man.

In defense, Burt would probably shift to winger and Jarryd in one and swap back around in attack.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'ts probably a bit late in the season to experiment, but I'd have Hayne at fullback and Burt on the wing for his kicking.
If not, then McKinnon at the back, Burt on the bench.

Suity

Latest posts