What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not on Drugs but Burt needs to be Fullback

spiderdan

Bench
though he hasn't done it for a while the juice was a good kicker once upon a time, not so long ago. i'd play him as an 80min #9 with goal kicking duties and shift piggy to the bench to play as a running forward.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
it's a tough choice burty or mackinnon we need burty's gold kicking imo.plus those two misses by mackinnon were pretty ordinary so burty it is..... i think :crazy:

Jizmizm

Juniors
Id have mckinnon. Sure he played a shocker against the cowboys but his form returning off the bench had been great, 100m in both games off the bench or so.

Redback71

First Grade
strider i think you contradicted yourself at least 3 times then
id go with burt as well how about

1/ mckinnion
2/ burt
3/ hayne
4/ smith
5/ grothe
6/ marsh
7/ smith
8/ cayless
9/ morris
10/ robinson
11/ hindy
12/ morrison
13/ o'dwyer

14/ widders
15/ wagon
16/ pig
17/ vella
18/ cordoba

I think Burt will be a better option as we can convert 4 points into 6 and that is what will help us win against the storm, they are a side that will put at least 20 points on you and converting 4 into 6 will have a major impact on the game.

Last friday nites game if we had converted both kicks, it would have changed the game and even when the cowboys got to 18, we would have been 1 try out of it.

PIG

Juniors
Burt only had 1 one-on-one tackle to make and missed it. Wade cleaned up Bowen as a result, after he had the full head of steam. We lack go forward and Wade helps to provide it. Riddell just needs to practice....it's not as though Burt will kick 6/6 and Riddell will kick 0/6 now is it.

Pig im with you that wade is a better fullback, but we need to kick the goals, its a massive boost when your team is up 12-0 rather than 8-0. for whatever reason Riddell has forgoten to kick and if we were to have 6 attempts at goal he would be lucky to get 2 or 3 with the way he is kicking. Dont forget Riddell is not a 80 min player and it seems that Hayne is not that confident yet with kicks at goal, especially in a finals game.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Burt has to be there, no excuses, it's going to be tight and all may hinge on a conversion, not only that, Burt has been playing great for us apart from Brisbane.

parra pete

Referee
Don't care where he plays..but he has to be in the team...Eels have to make fours , sixes if they are to be any hope. We have to score at least twenty four points to beat the Storm. Is it possible without a kicker????

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Burt has to be there, no excuses, it's going to be tight and all may hinge on a conversion, not only that, Burt has been playing great for us apart from Brisbane.

You need to score tries to kick goals..

Seriously, Wade is the best fullback at the club. He's less prone to errors, better under the high ball and better in defence. I see where everybody is coming from but the fact is the Storm will break our line and will probably break it quite often, we need a reliable fullback to clean up for us and I just don't see that in Burt.

If we're going to win, I don't think it will be a conversion that is the difference. And Burt's kicking hasn't been that flash of late anyway.

Hurriflatch

Referee
McKinnon's defence was pathetic against the Cowboys and in a few games this year he has gone in for a poofy shoulder charge instead of actually making the tackle.

Nickeel

Juniors
Melbourne: Cameron Smith slotting them from everywhere, blindfolded.

Parramatta: ????

I think Wade is so valuable to the team, but without a goalkicker we will struggle. Burt has to be there somewhere, or Pig/Morris/Hayne/whoever has to do a lot of practice, starting this morning.

Nick

Daneel

Bench
Redback71 said:
strider i think you contradicted yourself at least 3 times then
id go with burt as well how about

1/ mckinnion
2/ burt
3/ hayne
4/ smith
5/ grothe
6/ marsh
7/ smith
8/ cayless
9/ morris
10/ robinson
11/ hindy
12/ morrison
13/ o'dwyer

14/ widders
15/ wagon
16/ pig
17/ vella
18/ cordoba

This could work, and Cordoba will come onto the bench when Riddell gets suspended for being a knob.

You cant blame Mckinnon for the tries that went in on Friday night. Its like blaming the goalkeeper for letting in goals in soccer. There was some very ordinary defense up front, that let the flying cowboys through first.
I dont think Burt would have stopped them, nor, for that matter most other fullbacks in the comp. Friday night was more like the cowboys of old.

The whole team needs to defend, dont just go looking for a scapegoat in Mckinnon, cause he is the last line.

fish eel

Immortal
the two kicks we missed on Friday were both from out wide....Burtty would have done well to land one of them.

Pick your best 17...and the kicker from there. ie, could Burt start on the wing ahead of Grothe?

forward pass

Coach
We do have another forward who kicks at 71% who no-one has considered??;-) May be a handy backup to Piggy !

Any guesses ??

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Pick your best 17...and the kicker from there. ie, could Burt start on the wing ahead of Grothe?

With Vella and Cayless back it makes for an interesting question - Delaney would be a likely casualty as either Chad or Josh will return to the bench with Vella. Goal kicking will be important at any stage of the finals but Grothe's dummy half runs will be equally as important out of our own end.

Riddell's possible suspension will be a factor as well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Riddell's possible suspension will be a factor as well.

that will determine whether or not Delaney plays...not my opinion off course, it's just the direction I believe the coach will take.

Latest posts