What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impact of Super Rugby's structure change on the NRL

Which team would you like to see gone?

• Western Force

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • ACT Brumbies

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Melbourne Rebels

Votes: 24 37.5%

• Total voters

The Great Dane

First Grade
Contrary to the popular belief on this forum the Brumbies dying would be a disaster for the Raiders, as has been mentioned our bargaining power with the ACT government would take a massive hit and you could kiss the new stadium goodbye, and our juniors program would have to double to accommodate all the rugby talent in the ACT that the Raiders usally have access to or risk losing it to clubs in other areas, and the Brumbies dying would probably see the rent raised for Canberra stadium to make up the short fall in losing the Brumbies rent money.
The only people that would benefit from the Brumbies dying is GWS.

Can't see the Brumbies getting kicked out though, I mean they are the most successful Australian club in Super Rugby history.

LineBall

Juniors
Contrary to the popular belief on this forum the Brumbies dying would be a disaster for the Raiders, as has been mentioned our bargaining power with the ACT government would take a massive hit and you could kiss the new stadium goodbye, and our juniors program would have to double to accommodate all the rugby talent in the ACT that the Raiders usally have access to or risk losing it to clubs in other areas, and the Brumbies dying would probably see the rent raised for Canberra stadium to make up the short fall in losing the Brumbies rent money.
The only people that would benefit from the Brumbies dying is GWS.

Can't see the Brumbies getting kicked out though, I mean they are the most successful Australian club in Super Rugby history.

Yeah. Kicking out the most successful club in a competition's history would never happen *cough* Souths *cough*

PaulyTom

Juniors
Super Rugby is dead in its current format. Maybe rugby union should be scrapped in AUSTRALIA and just let the New Zealanders and the South Africans go at each other.

Canard

Immortal
The Rebels are all but gone I reckon.

If so, does Koribete come back to the NRL next year?

Super Rugby is dead in its current format. Maybe rugby union should be scrapped in AUSTRALIA and just let the New Zealanders and the South Africans go at each other.

From what I've read the Saffers are even more broke then the Australia comp.

PaulyTom

Juniors
From my readings they have the Western Force and the Brumbies on the chopping block B4 the rebels .

Parra

Referee
Fold the Brumbies

Canberra is a waste of time for any professional sporting team

Saint Doc

Coach
Fold the Brumbies

Canberra is a waste of time for any professional sporting team

NSW/ACT Crowds 2017

ANZ 16900
Canberra 15800
Allianz 13500
Newcastle 12800
Cronulla 11400
Brookvale 11300
Brookvale 10100
Belmore 8700
Kogarah 7200

BlueandGold

Juniors
If the Force are forced out that would make expansion into Perth a whole lot easier. And Canberra raiders need the Brumbies to make Bruce more viable for a upgrade or even a new build later down the track.

Perth Red

Post Whore
From my readings they have the Western Force and the Brumbies on the chopping block B4 the rebels .

Ex WA govt has just bailed out the Force with a multi million $ sponsorship dealthat will see them back around break even. Can't see them going anywhere sadly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the Force are forced out that would make expansion into Perth a whole lot easier. And Canberra raiders need the Brumbies to make Bruce more viable for a upgrade or even a new build later down the track.

Forces existence has little to do with the prospects of a Perth nrl team. Aside from competing for same juniors the two clubs wouldn't really be competiting against each other. Like the raiders, having the force around makes the potential for future upgrades to nib stadium more likely.

gitano

Juniors
Rugby League, and more specifically the NRL, have quite literally jumped the shark.

It's too random. Salary cap has killed the game.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Looks like they are going to split into 3 x 6 team groups. Sanzar would like teams gone , however cannot afford to loose tv monies.

Delboy

First Grade
Arent the saffers trying to join the 6 Nations as the time slot and journey is much more favourable . They said something along the lines that playing NZ and Oz teams does not really rate with their fans and tv, and are lobbying theRFU for the change

I think that the next year or so will be pretty interesting as no doubt the saffers want out

Parra

Referee
NSW/ACT Crowds 2017

ANZ 16900
Canberra 15800
Allianz 13500
Newcastle 12800
Cronulla 11400
Brookvale 11300
Brookvale 10100
Belmore 8700
Kogarah 7200

It's been a long time since crowd numbers were relevant to anything.

Latest posts