What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Impact of Super Rugby's structure change on the NRL

Which team would you like to see gone?

• Western Force

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • ACT Brumbies

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Melbourne Rebels

Votes: 24 37.5%

• Total voters

Diesel

Referee
Con: Terrible name
True but the Swan logo is brand awareness.

Regardless, NRLHQ will sit on their hands when the Force get the axe because they are buying into the GWS hype and will be throwing millions at western Sydney while Perth RL fades

Caped Crusader

Juniors
It would make little difference to RL. The only real impact would be if the Force are cut and the NRL have the dope to actually put a Perth team in and market it towards the lost Force fans. We all know that's highly unlikely though

Else where around the country most RU supporters already follow RL anyway. Those that don't won't change

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would WA people even know the difference if rugby got replaced by rugby

My local masters has become a Bunnings.. Nrl be mad not to jump on this

Seriously? Yes they would. In this day and age where we handed over the name Rugby is rugby union, rugby league is nrl. Most sports fans would know the difference.

It would make little difference to RL. The only real impact would be if the Force are cut and the NRL have the dope to actually put a Perth team in and market it towards the lost Force fans. We all know that's highly unlikely though

Else where around the country most RU supporters already follow RL anyway. Those that don't won't change

Lol. That'd go down well.

TiggaPlease

Pirates is such a shit brand. I want a Perth team in the comp, just not until they have a good name and logo, abandoning the reds brand was a crap move imo.

big hit!

Bench
Pirates is such a shit brand. I want a Perth team in the comp, just not until they have a good name and logo, abandoning the reds brand was a crap move imo.

reds is blah.

rugby league really does have a shit record for branding new clubs. crushers was awful too.

GAZF

First Grade
Crushers for mine was the most original name in the last 35 years of the game. Original and related to the state of QLD.

I actually would have preferred NQ used it.
There was definite potential in the name. Lots of US college teams also do local/industry specific names very well. The Crushers' logo and colours let the name down though.

Canard

Immortal
There was definite potential in the name. Lots of US college teams also do local/industry specific names very well. The Crushers' logo and colours let the name down though.

Who doesn't love baby shit colours??

Agreed, but that's just graphic design and can be fixed, as you know more then anyone.

jim_57

Staff member
reds is blah.

rugby league really does have a shit record for branding new clubs. crushers was awful too.

With the Reds in Super Rugby, and Kangaroos the national team for RL (and some suburb of Melbourne) the market on Reds or a Red Kangaroo is fairly cornered.

Not sure Pirates is the best alternative though.