What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

coolumsharkie

Referee
Looking forward to this year the way I was in 2016. Hoping that the silly f**king rules that plagued last year get sorted out. Hoping the bunker stays out of the backplay and play in general. Wishful thinking??🤔

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Good listen…. Cheers BB. I like the way Fitz doesn’t get drawn into answering every question and putting unnecessary expectations on the team. I.e what goals he has for the season…. Where CT will play etc. Good skill to be able to do the media without feeling obliged to divulge everything. Also like the wraps he’s been putting on the existing players.

Cage

Juniors
I get nothing but good vibes from Fitzy, and his previous association with the club through his fathers coaching and his ball- boy duties is a bonus

sandshark

Bench
Alright fellas everyone to their feet. Its time to praise our lord and saviour Fitzy.

Repeat after me.

In Fitzy we trust.
May he lead us from pretenders to champions.
In Fitzy we trust.
May he let us rest our heads upon his chest.
In Fitzy we trust.
Up up Cronulla.
Up up Cronulla.

In Fitzy we trust.

Quigs

Immortal
Alright fellas everyone to their feet. Its time to praise our lord and saviour Fitzy.

Repeat after me.

In Fitzy we trust.
May he lead us from pretenders to champions.
In Fitzy we trust.
May he let us rest our heads upon his chest.
In Fitzy we trust.
Up up Cronulla.
Up up Cronulla.

In Fitzy we trust.
It's alright Bro, I'm heading up to "the Hill" to shout my praises with Scummo and the Happy Clappers... (there's more money up there then doing a solo gig)

Fitzgibbon happy for All Stars selectors to load up on Sharks​

Cronulla have welcomed having up to five players in the Indigenous All Stars team while South Sydney – the proudest Indigenous club of all – risk having no starters in the popular pre-season game for the first time.
A combination of the suspension of Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker being behind in his preparations because of COVID means Alex Johnston looms as the only Souths player to be included in the 20-man squad, to be released on Tuesday.
Bulldogs and Indigenous All Stars pin-up Josh Addo-Carr

Bulldogs and Indigenous All Stars pin-up Josh Addo-CarrCREDIT:SMH
But with wingers Josh Addo-Carr, Jason Saab and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, as well as Will Kennedy or Daine Laurie at fullback, Johnston is no certainty to make the run-on side.
In the past Souths have had the likes of Mitchell, Walker, Greg Inglis and even Nathan Merritt as Indigenous All Stars mainstays. The abundance of backs this year was also the reason Blake Taaffe, another Souths player with an Indigenous background, was unlikely to be considered.

Cronulla, on the other hand, have Andrew Fifita, Nicho Hynes, Jesse Ramien, Kennedy and even Braydon Trindall who were all being discussed late Monday as coach Laurie Daley tried to finalise his side for the February 12 clash against the New Zealand Maori Kiwis.
Alex Johnston looms as the only Souths player in line for the Indigenous All Stars but who is unlikely to start.

Alex Johnston looms as the only Souths player in line for the Indigenous All Stars but who is unlikely to start.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Should Daley embrace the Shire club, new Cronulla coach Craig Fitzgibbon is happy for his players to take part.
The pre-season has already been disrupted by COVID, and Fitzgibbon would dread having any players injured or sidelined for another week because of coronavirus, especially this close to the trials. But Fitzgibbon had already seen how passionate his Indigenous players, and the likes of Kiwis hopeful Briton Nikora and Royce Hunt, were about this particular game.
″⁣Whoever gets picked, I think it will be great for them to get some footy under the belt and come back battle hardened,″⁣ Fitzgibbon told the Herald. ″⁣The players always learn something in camp, they get to play with different players, and it’s a different style of footy they have to quickly adapt to.

″⁣I couldn’t be happier for all the guys who get picked to go and represent themselves, the club and their culture. It’s a big moment for them."

Daley, who will be without Walker, Mitchell and Canberra’s Jack Wighton, was looking forward to naming another exciting team.
Despite a lack of publicity for the game, the NRL is privately confident a crowd of around 20,000 will be at CommBank Stadium.
Should Fifita be picked, it will be his first game since he suffered a frightening neck injury against the Knights in round 22, which required him to be placed into an induced coma for five days.
″⁣Andrew is always passionate and he loves being a part of this game. He will be one of the most experienced players in the squad if he gets the nod,″⁣ Daley said.
″⁣He brings a lot of good leadership and is always passionate about what he does. It’s a big ask coming back from the injury he has, but he’d be up for it.″⁣

They didn’t mention Wade. I wonder if that was just a slip up, or if he isn’t right to play yet.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Shit eh, not a fan of this game. It's played with way too much intensity for this time of year. Don't know why we can't celebrate it later in the year during the season some time.. Have a 3 player per club representation rule or something. I smell disaster.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah it's a tough one.... Get half a dozen of our important players through it unscathed and Fitzy's a genius. Get a couple of serious injuries and it's a shit show.

Weaponhead

Coach
It's great that Fitz embraces any sort of rep selection. Being a club that players get selected from is positive. Being known as a club that develops Indigenous talent is positive. It would be great if Nicho and Trindall got picked in the halves and get a good hit out together.

There is always a risk of injury in any game and this is a more intense game than many trials but the upsides are worth it IMO.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The last thing we want is to be risking most of our spine in a nothing game.
I see certain clubs have players getting injured

Weaponhead

Coach
The last thing we want is to be risking most of our spine in a nothing game.
I see certain clubs have players getting injured
Can wrap them in cotton wool and stop them playing in a game that means something to them. What consequences might that have?

Weigh the risk of injury against risk of creating disgruntlement in important players.

McInnes got injured at training last year before the season started, didn't play a game all year.
Injuries happen anywhere at anytime.
The fellas in our squad want to play in this game, there'd be more damage to team harmony if they weren't allowed.
We will be the most represented team, especially in the Indigenous side. Cannot some of you recognise how significant that is for our club.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Fitzgibbon happy for All Stars selectors to load up on Sharks​

Cronulla have welcomed having up to five players in the Indigenous All Stars team while South Sydney – the proudest Indigenous club of all – risk having no starters in the popular pre-season game for the first time.
A combination of the suspension of Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker being behind in his preparations because of COVID means Alex Johnston looms as the only Souths player to be included in the 20-man squad, to be released on Tuesday.
Bulldogs and Indigenous All Stars pin-up Josh Addo-Carr

Bulldogs and Indigenous All Stars pin-up Josh Addo-CarrCREDIT:SMH
But with wingers Josh Addo-Carr, Jason Saab and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, as well as Will Kennedy or Daine Laurie at fullback, Johnston is no certainty to make the run-on side.
In the past Souths have had the likes of Mitchell, Walker, Greg Inglis and even Nathan Merritt as Indigenous All Stars mainstays. The abundance of backs this year was also the reason Blake Taaffe, another Souths player with an Indigenous background, was unlikely to be considered.

Cronulla, on the other hand, have Andrew Fifita, Nicho Hynes, Jesse Ramien, Kennedy and even Braydon Trindall who were all being discussed late Monday as coach Laurie Daley tried to finalise his side for the February 12 clash against the New Zealand Maori Kiwis.
Alex Johnston looms as the only Souths player in line for the Indigenous All Stars but who is unlikely to start.

Alex Johnston looms as the only Souths player in line for the Indigenous All Stars but who is unlikely to start.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
Should Daley embrace the Shire club, new Cronulla coach Craig Fitzgibbon is happy for his players to take part.
The pre-season has already been disrupted by COVID, and Fitzgibbon would dread having any players injured or sidelined for another week because of coronavirus, especially this close to the trials. But Fitzgibbon had already seen how passionate his Indigenous players, and the likes of Kiwis hopeful Briton Nikora and Royce Hunt, were about this particular game.
″⁣Whoever gets picked, I think it will be great for them to get some footy under the belt and come back battle hardened,″⁣ Fitzgibbon told the Herald. ″⁣The players always learn something in camp, they get to play with different players, and it’s a different style of footy they have to quickly adapt to.

″⁣I couldn’t be happier for all the guys who get picked to go and represent themselves, the club and their culture. It’s a big moment for them."

Daley, who will be without Walker, Mitchell and Canberra’s Jack Wighton, was looking forward to naming another exciting team.
Despite a lack of publicity for the game, the NRL is privately confident a crowd of around 20,000 will be at CommBank Stadium.
Should Fifita be picked, it will be his first game since he suffered a frightening neck injury against the Knights in round 22, which required him to be placed into an induced coma for five days.
″⁣Andrew is always passionate and he loves being a part of this game. He will be one of the most experienced players in the squad if he gets the nod,″⁣ Daley said.
″⁣He brings a lot of good leadership and is always passionate about what he does. It’s a big ask coming back from the injury he has, but he’d be up for it.″⁣

They didn’t mention Wade. I wonder if that was just a slip up, or if he isn’t right to play yet.

I won't be surprised if he even misses trials. If not I would think he'll be sparingly used. He looks in Super Good nick, better than he has looked for years. Most of the forwards look mega fit.

Not the biggest pack this year with a few big boppers but I bet they are very mobile and I've seen several training pics where they seem to be running in pairs off the ruck. May see a fair bit of fast, before the line stuff this year

Latest posts