What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

shadowboxer

First Grade
He should be wearing a long sleeved polo - tattoos offend the conservative shire boomers and possibly make baby Jesus cry….

fizman

Bench
How did this thread get derailed onto looks and merchandise? Let’s bring it back to FItzy.

In FItzy we Trust.

By the way, loved him in the sky blue polo 🕺🕺🕺

AWESOME to see the boys in the photos on the website.

Can’t wait for season 2022.

Incoming coach Craig Fitzgibbon was so mindful about being publicly paraded in Cronulla colours before November 1 that he made sure the Sydney Roosters gave him the green light before fronting a sponsor’s lunch on Friday.
“Technically we’re still paying ‘Fitzy’ for another week – we might have to ask for some compensation,” Roosters supremo Nick Politis said with a laugh.
Craig Fitzgibbon was worried about being paraded in Cronulla colours while still being paid by the Roosters.

Craig Fitzgibbon was worried about being paraded in Cronulla colours while still being paid by the Roosters.Credit:SMH
“Of course I’m joking. But it says a lot about Fitzy. It sums up what a decent bloke he is. That’s why he will do well down there.”
Sharks boss Dino Mezzatesta phoned Roosters counterpart Joe Kelly on Friday to ask him if it was OK for Fitzgibbon to speak to the media. Fitzgibbon had also reached out to Roosters coach Trent Robinson in recent weeks to make sure he would not be offending the Roosters by starting early in the Shire.

Fitzgibbon impressed everyone in the room at Kareela Golf Club on Friday at the club’s rescheduled grand final luncheon on Friday, his first official duty as Cronulla coach.
A couple of key issues he didn’t talk about, however, were his excitement about working with Matt Moylan and how his experience in dealing with concussion with the likes of Boyd Cordner and Jake Friend could benefit Sharks skipper Wade Graham.
Matt Moylan at Sharks training.

Matt Moylan at Sharks training.Credit:Sam Mooy
Moylan took a $500,000 pay cut for next year, and part of that decision was the chance to work with Fitzgibbon.
“I had some in-depth conversations with ‘Moyza’ during the year,” Fitzgibbon said. “He’s always been a class player. He’s had a bit of a rough trot with injuries, and he got busted at an important time for the club last year.

“I’d worked with Moyza at the rep level, I was an assistant to Tim Sheens with the Australian team in 2014 and I knew what a good guy he was. I always respected him as a player, he turns up everywhere, and because he’s so unpredictable, opposition coaches used to feel a little bit of angst when preparing to play against him.

“I’m glad he’s backed himself for another year and, hopefully, I can help reignite that flair we all know he has.
“Everyone in rugby league was hearing about how fit and healthy Matt Moylan was after the pre-season. I’d like to think by the end of this pre-season they’re saying the same thing again.”
Moylan is in a four-way halves shootout with new recruit Nicho Hynes, Luke Metcalf and Braydon Trindall.

Skipper Graham has enjoyed a long spell to overcome his latest head knock and Fitzgibbon will adopt the same ultra-cautious approach the Roosters took with Cordner and Friend.

Fitzgibbon praised Graham for making the tough call to miss the second half of the season to give himself the best chance to recover.
“I had a chat with Wade during the week about how we’ll carefully program his way back to the risky side of training – we definitely won’t put him at risk until he is 100 per cent sharp in his footwork and with his reaction speeds to make sure he’s in safe positions to make tackles,” Fitzgibbon said.
“He’s in good nick, Waydo, and mentally he’s excited for the season, which is half the battle. He was aware he needed a rest and wasn’t quite right, so it was a courageous call to sit out half the season. That extended freshen-up has put him into a good position now.”

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Reading some comments that we will have to get politis permission to name the team…. Just bullshit commentary.

We have a coach with some real pedigree when it comes to man management and professional performance. We should be loving this approach from Fitz. Respectful and responsible.

crazy pineapple

Juniors
i think the next few years are gunna play a massive part in Cronullas existence

we've weened the fat, recruited strongly not only skilled players, but professionals and good people
the development brings excitement
a juniors system thats starting to thrive after years of hard work
we have a well educated, respected, down to earth, "no twats allowed" head coach
a heirachy behind the books that seems to know what they're doing
former players in gal and lewis around the club

we're building a squad that will rattle the cage in the next few years

shaggs

Coach
I know this is really petty, and perhaps a sign of my age. Why couldn't our first photo of Fitz be taken in a brand new flash polo shirt that represents 2022?

I would really like to see what ADIDAS could do with our three stripes of Black, White and Blue.

It annoys me that he is trotted out in the 2021 shirt like some after thought.
Since the 2022 NRL season hasn’t started and won’t until November 1, there might be contractual agreements with 2021 that must be met.

Edit: read the entire thread after posting. Already mentioned.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
He should be wearing a long sleeved polo - tattoos offend the conservative shire boomers and possibly make baby Jesus cry….
Someone name another NRL Coach with visible tattoos.
I can’t think of any others.

For this reason alone he has my vote

carinashark

First Grade
My guess is he will be disappointed in Moylan on game day. Be interesting after 4 games. At least we will be able to say ‘ we are waiting for combinations to form’. Hey we haven’t been able to use that one for a while.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The re-signing of Moyza is the only thing I would query that Fitz has done to date. Must be a method to his madness though as he had no problem shedding Duges…Woods…SJ and Lesssgoo.

Special K

Coach
Keep in mind Dugan, Woods, Moylan, SJ and Chad all wanted to stay. Fitz decided Moylan was the one he wanted. Also that bill has gone from close to what 3 million to 350k!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Keep in mind Dugan, Woods, Moylan, SJ and Chad all wanted to stay. Fitz decided Moylan was the one he wanted. Also that bill has gone from close to what 3 million to 350k!
Yeah that’s what I was getting at K…. He no doubt see’s something in Moyza that most of us don’t. Maybe it’s more of a mentor role he has in mind? I do like the attitude he’s taking with Fifi in regards to him making his own call. Sounds like Bomber encouraging the big fella to retire was devisive
in hindsight.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Reading some comments that we will have to get politis permission to name the team…. Just bullshit commentary.

We have a coach with some real pedigree when it comes to man management and professional performance. We should be loving this approach from Fitz. Respectful and responsible.
"Well lets not start sucking each others dicks quite yet" - Mr Wolf

Latest posts