What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Well we beat the eels who beat the storm and the panthers?

Yea our draw has been favourable and we have still underperformed some weeks no question.

The comp however can turn quick, we haven’t played well at all and reality is we’ve had a fair amount of disruption with injuries suspension etc.

Parramatta flogged by the dogs come at and belt roosters, form doesn’t mean much - just gotta show up on any given day and get the chocolates.

Looking forward to 2 semi final games something. We haven’t had for a while.
I'm not really interested in connecting some dots to determine where we are.

fact..we have beaten a Jekyll and Hyde Parramatta team, that's it.

we've had a cushy run with the draw.

I'll reserve my judgement on where the team really is based on:

Dogs > Storm > Cowboys > Panthers > Rabbitohs

and then a couple of bogeys in:

Manly at points bet
Knights at McDonald Jones

until then enjoy the jerk off on 4th position celebrating the same shit JM was supposedly getting the arse for.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You’re trying too hard to get bites.

The fan base would be happier finishing 4th with a chance to get to the last day of the season than finish 13th and go home in September. I’m not sure what you are trying to prove.
I do believe that, I am not after bites, I want to win, anything else is a loss.

That is who I am.

Ain't no 2nd prize.

we are the Sharon Woods of the pack atm.
running around looking like we are doing something.

next few weeks will be telling.
if this team is going to do anything we need some grunt in Williams and Uele quick smart.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Luke Lewis, I have so much man love. Ennis, what a season and Matt Prior what a GF he had.

Yeah 4th is awesome..,...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Pennies lose API, this gives us a chance.

Blayke is coming along well, I have hope.

Fitz needs a year

Frailty

First Grade
I'm not really interested in connecting some dots to determine where we are.

fact..we have beaten a Jekyll and Hyde Parramatta team, that's it.

we've had a cushy run with the draw.

I'll reserve my judgement on where the team really is based on:

Dogs > Storm > Cowboys > Panthers > Rabbitohs

and then a couple of bogeys in:

Manly at points bet
Knights at McDonald Jones

until then enjoy the jerk off on 4th position celebrating the same shit JM was supposedly getting the arse for.

Sharks are currently averaging 22.6 points for per game which is only just behind 2020's 24 points per game.
Sharks are currently averaging 17.71 points against per game which is the Shark's best since the 2018 season (this team had a lower points for than the current team)..

As for the "cushy run", the team can only play who is in front of them. Outside of the Storm-Cowboys-Panthers run, the rest of the draw could be argued as being cushy again. Remember the same critique has been thrown at the Sharks in the 2020 run to 8th.

At the start of the season, I thought the Sharks would finish 6th-7th and I'm still pretty confident of that prediction. Team has shown great signs, but also some old habits that creep in their game. I'm fairly confident that these will reduce later in the season.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I get both sides of the argument.
Take Saturday as an example.
The game was terrible, out enthused and mistake riddled.
The game was terrible, but we got the points.
Years gone by we lose that game.
Cold comfort for some… but a pissy win with no injuries has to better than a lose and possible fallout post game whilst on the road in Coffs Harbour.

SadShark

Bench
Well we beat the eels who beat the storm and the panthers?

Yea our draw has been favourable and we have still underperformed some weeks no question.

The comp however can turn quick, we haven’t played well at all and reality is we’ve had a fair amount of disruption with injuries suspension etc.

Parramatta flogged by the dogs come at and belt roosters, form doesn’t mean much - just gotta show up on any given day and get the chocolates.

Looking forward to 2 semi final games something. We haven’t had for a while.
Some betting agency was looking down the barrel of a 15-leg $5 Multi, that would have landed over $800K to the punter if Parramatta won an easy match……and then they all put in an uncharacteristic, sub-par performance stinker, letting the betting agency off the hook. Yeah…..riiiiiiight. Nothing to see here……https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...astonishing-888-000-win-15-leg-multi-bet.html

Tony Seibs

Juniors
what's even funnier is that you think 4th is a good yard stick to how we a travelling.

wasn't it about not being able to beat top 8 sides?

this will be fun lol.. who have we beaten?

easy to reverse when there is no f**king traffic dumbass
So our position on the competition ladder isn't a good indicator of where we are in the competition?

I've never mentioned beating top 8 sides. Besides, if our top 4 position means nothing then surely their top 8 position (especially if we are talking last year) doesn't count for much either.

The top 8 changes regularly, for instance the roosters were top 6 when we lost to them but now they are not currently top 8 – so judging by today's standings you say we lost to a bottom 8 side?

Of course there is traffic, we've had to navigate through 14 other teams so far like everyone else. As things stand we've done better than 12 others and not as good as 3 others.

You can't dismiss our ladder position because of the ladder position of our opponents, it either matters or it doesn't, can't have it both ways spud. Trying to argue 9th to 4th is "backwards" is just ridiculous to anyone who can count to 10 but you and Mr Angry have at it.

So our position on the competition ladder isn't a good indicator of where we are in the competition?
correct

I've never mentioned beating top 8 sides. Besides, if our top 4 position means nothing then surely their top 8 position (especially if we are talking last year) doesn't count for much either.
whose top 8 position?

how do you measure progress?
if we have 25 byes..
assuming we win those lol
we are the best team right..?
we finished first.

if we aren't then why aren't we?

The top 8 changes regularly, for instance the roosters were top 6 when we lost to them but now they are not currently top 8 – so judging by today's standings you say we lost to a bottom 8 side?
yes and it is always point-in-time.

Of course there is traffic, we've had to navigate through 14 other teams so far like everyone else. As things stand we've done better than 12 others and not as good as 3 others.
It's like driving to work on the highway mon-fri peak hour.
except our journey is saturday morning.
same but different.

You can't dismiss our ladder position because of the ladder position of our opponents, it either matters or it doesn't, can't have it both ways spud.
I don't dismiss it.
we are 4th.
but it's not a point of measurement on how the team is travelling.
ignoring the ladder.. are we a top 4 team?
without using ladder position explain to me how we are if that's what you support.

Trying to argue 9th to 4th is "backwards" is just ridiculous to anyone who can count to 10 but you and Mr Angry have at it.
we have been in reverse since the manly game and are fortunate enough with the bye and a good run to maintain ladder position.

we will overlook the fact you are comparing a mid season ladder position to end-of-year.
the comparison is in fact same round last year.
which in itself has variables i.e. covid disruptions
the season has not concluded so there is no 9th to 4th comparison. yet.

Latest posts