What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

carinashark

First Grade
Kennedy just looks right. We played badly, lack of his direction. But really we need them both on the Feild. Now all the other coaches have seen this, well most of them.

bluefox68

Staff member
Okay - so BYE WEEK…

I wonder what Fitzy’s plan is for the rest of the year…

We are lacking:

1. A high-powered forward (e.g Paulo / Papali’i). BHU was the closest thing - but we need more! Matt Lodge???

2. Consistency. Finucane being regularly injured has cruelled us. We did well in the trials when we had Colquhoun come on as a ‘like-for-like’ replacement. Maybe this guy could be a better option than a Jack Williams or Aiden Tolman…

Also,

3. Kennedy, Tracey and Katoa are trying hard, but they lack ‘punch’. I’m thinking Miller at FB, Ramien back in the side, and giving Iro a crack could really help us.

At this stage, it looks we’ll scrape into the finals, and then exit early. We need to improving NOW, if we’re going to avoid this scenario.

sharknows

Bench
I think he needs to address the positional play of the wingers in defence. they’re costing us tries every week prancing around in no mans land leaving overlaps for the their opposing wingers to go over untouched. The sliding defence should be able to cover the inside men…. So if they’re going to come in it has to be a deadly tackle to stop the raid or else stay on the winger. Yeah I know sounds simple

shadowboxer

First Grade
I think we are where we should be.
Over performed but room for improvement.
Injuries to our main forwards can’t be replaced and I can’t see Fitz just buying a Lodge in desperation- he doesn’t fit the mold and is a dead set flog anyway.
Looking forward to see how the season evolves

bluefox68

Staff member
Yeah, true - I don't REALLY want Lodge, anyway!

Hopefully 'The Pied Piper of Hamlin (Uele)' and the guitar man - Finucane - come back soon!

Special K

Coach
I agree this is early in the process. Nobody expected us to win this year. Love the direction we are trying to go and the signs especially that first month have been fantastic. Top 4 should be the goal and its achievable. Anything lower than 6 would be disappointing.

My only concerns so far are;

- Our bench usage. Saving two "fresh" players for the second half often and one being Trindall who is in no mans land causes us issues often. Perhaps if we rotated more we would see less flat performances

- Flat performances. When we drop our lollies we really go to shit before we are able to regroup and get back into a contest.

- Our attack from 30 - 60 out is great. Inside their 20 we go so side to side that we often are cramped/predictable. Everyone knows we are trying to hit Wilton/Nikora on a short ball. Having changes with 1 I will put this down to in the last month or so.

All in all if our D is right and we keep teams under 18 points we will win. Ideally we add some more talent into the squad but not sure if we will have the room.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Until our hooker gets protected, suck an egg bald merkin.

I have lost all faith, we are going backwards.

DJDL

Bench
Does Fitzy's coaching arsenal include a rocket launcher?

Honestly, it's been 2 months of lackluster performance after lackluster performance.
I'm thinking now's about the time to put one right up them.
There just seems no urgency or intensity about anything they are doing at the moment.

If they're serious about making it deep into September, there's some major attitude adjustments needed IMHO.