What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Tony Seibs

Juniors
whose top 8 position?

how do you measure progress?
if we have 25 byes..
assuming we win those lol
we are the best team right..?
we finished first.

if we aren't then why aren't we?
"Their" as in our opponents. You brought up beating top 8 sides. Top 8 when? Last year Cowboys were shithouse, we play them in a few weeks, if we win did we beat a top 4 team (this year) or did we just knock off a bottom 4 team (based off last year)?

How do you measure progress? Well it varies and depends how deep you are looking and what you're specifically looking at. As far as where you are in the competition compared to the rest then the competition ladder is about the best measure we have of overall performance.

25 byes? What are you talking about? We are certainly not the best team. That was never my argument, we have plenty to improve on. But right now we are positioned better than 12 others.

It's like driving to work on the highway mon-fri peak hour.
except our journey is saturday morning.
same but different.
So you want a tougher draw? Apart from Storm, Cowboys and Penrith no one has really proven to be much more than us; a shithot side on their day but horribly inconsistent. It's a soft comp with a lotta shit teams but we're all driving the same road on the same day.

I don't dismiss it.
we are 4th.
but it's not a point of measurement on how the team is travelling.
ignoring the ladder.. are we a top 4 team?
without using ladder position explain to me how we are if that's what you support.
how do you ignore the ladder when asking if we are a top 4 side? The fact we are currently in 4th position literally means that right now, yes, we are a top 4 side. That very likely will change (I personally see us ending up around 5th or 6th). If you abandon the notion of the ladder positions then how can you measure a top anything? If there is no ladder how can anyone be "a top 4 team"?

we have been in reverse since the manly game and are fortunate enough with the bye and a good run to maintain ladder position.
I agree half time in that manly game it seems like something broke. Downhill and patchy ever since.

we will overlook the fact you are comparing a mid season ladder position to end-of-year.
You told me earlier "it is always point-in-time". That losing to 6th placed roosters three weeks ago is now actually a loss to a 9th placed side. You seem keen to "overlook" a lot of facts unless they bolster your argument.

There are currently 12 sides doing worse as per the ladder, which despite whatever measures you put on the comp is ultimately what decides who plays finals. I don't think we are going that great but so far it is undeniably good enough to currently sit in 4th place.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Some betting agency was looking down the barrel of a 15-leg $5 Multi, that would have landed over $800K to the punter if Parramatta won an easy match……and then they all put in an uncharacteristic, sub-par performance stinker, letting the betting agency off the hook. Yeah…..riiiiiiight. Nothing to see here……https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...astonishing-888-000-win-15-leg-multi-bet.html
How much would it cost to pay someone off though? A whole f**king team maybe even the coach etc etc?

C'mon man, it's just one of those things AND.. They make squillions those c*ntz.

Blah blah blah

did ozzi help you write your thesis through the night?

5ozHJY.gif

have you been labotomized spud?

Tell me you've realised how stupid your argument was without telling me you've realised how stupid your argument was.

in reference to:

ignoring the ladder.. are we a top 4 team?
without using ladder position explain to me how we are if that's what you support.

what do you think i'm asking you here?
the fact you can't transition from quantitative to qualitative analysis is not my problem.

I'm sure you've got plenty you can't give away but nonetheless

that's quite presumptuous for someone with 50 odd posts.
did your other alias tell you to say that lol

Tony Seibs

Juniors
have you been labotomized spud?
Not to my knowledge. But I'm not sure, do they let you know afterwards?
in reference to:
No in reference to you completely dismissing my reply and posting your self-congratulatory clean bowled gif like a wanker.
what do you think i'm asking you here?
the fact you can't transition from quantitative to qualitative analysis is not my problem.

I get what you're asking, but you don't seem to get what I am answering. In this comp right now as things stand we are undeniably a top 4 side despite not performing anywhere near what we'd like or what will win a premiership. We can only play what's in front of us, if patchy inconsistent and often lethargic performances sees us in 4th well yeah the bar is low. It sucks for the comp but it is what it is right now. I said earlier I think we ultimately finish outside the 4 so I guess if you're just after my forecast opinion, then no, when all is said and done I don't think we will be.

that's quite presumptuous for someone with 50 odd posts.
did your other alias tell you to say that lol
Actually I assumed you would be a bit irrational, annoying and argumentative in real life too. The bloke that gets talking and everyone else suddenly remembers they've got somewhere else to be. I wasn't aware there was a "minimum post barrier" on opinions. Strange that when challenged on a difference of opinion you assume it couldn't possibly be multiple others disagreeing with you, no that couldn't be it, they must be conspiring against you. Get over yourself, mate.

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member
It just felt so ****** comprehensive!!!

Looking at Bellamy’s face was GOLD - he just looked like he had no answers! Very unusual…

The fluff is going to increase exponentially - especially if we beat the Cowboys!

It just felt so ****** comprehensive!!!

Looking at Bellamy’s face was GOLD - he just looked like he had no answers! Very unusual…

The fluff is going to increase exponentially - especially if we beat the Cowboys!
Maybe he was thinking

see, I told this mob Fitz was the man and look how good he has these boys going

Bellamy be like “I should have signed it”
Bellamy will still have an awesome spine to his team next year but I think they’re going to be a bit thin on forwards.

Let’s face it if you don’t have enough quality pigs in your team you lose the ruck and get bashed out of the game.

Latest posts